Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 30, 2014, 04:15:57 PM
These gigs will be mucksavage-mania.

Agreed, orange tan, magners, loafers, boot cut jeans, coppers after, checked shirts, wild bit of craic, hi.

Jonah

Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2014, 04:36:02 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 30, 2014, 04:29:38 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 30, 2014, 04:19:32 PM
Totally agree with Bensars, there will be plenty of tickets freed up come the time. Its sad that people will be exposed now to touts but I'd question anyone who pays over the odds. In even a few weeks, you'll notice tickets been offered.

Come July will be all sorts of reasons why tickets become available - holidays, weddings, football, work, christenings, deaths etc etc. Its always the way.
I'm hoping for the full 270,000

That's good... it'll take out the population of Tyrone and 100,000 other d**kheads!!
People are d**kheads because they like a different type of music to you?  You have issues.

thebigfella

Quote from: Jonah on January 30, 2014, 05:00:22 PM
Totally agree with Bensars, there will be plenty of tickets freed up come the time. Its sad that people will be exposed now to touts but I'd question anyone who pays over the odds. In even a few weeks, you'll notice tickets been offered.

Come July will be all sorts of reasons why tickets become available - holidays, weddings, football, work, christenings, deaths etc etc. Its always the way.

That's good... it'll take out the population of Tyrone and 100,000 other d**kheads!!
People are d**kheads because they like a different type of music to youhave sh1tty taste in music and easily parted with cash?  You have issues.

Fixed that

Jonah

Quote from: thebigfella on January 30, 2014, 06:01:25 PM

People are d**kheads because they like a different type of music to youhave sh1tty taste in music and easily parted with cash?  You have issues.

Fixed that
I didn't ask you to fix it.

What is a shite taste in music anyway? We all like different types so who decides what is shite and isn't.
I hate music snobs.Just to be clear btw I don't like Garth Brooks or country music in general and wouldn't go to his concert but I'm sure there are plenty of concerts I would go to that someone else wouldn't go to.

Cold tea

Don't worry about bigfella he probably has 3 or 4 corporate boxes in Croke Park and is just pissed of he has to go see Mr Brooks to get his money's worth.   ;D

thebigfella

Quote from: Jonah on January 30, 2014, 06:50:00 PM

Fixed that

What is a shite taste in music anyway? We all like different types so who decides what is shite and isn't.
I hate music snobs.Just to be clear btw I don't like Garth Brooks or country music in general and wouldn't go to his concert but I'm sure there are plenty of concerts I would go to that someone else wouldn't go to.

Bon Jovi

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thebigfella on January 30, 2014, 07:02:29 PM

Fixed that

Bon Jovi

I would have said the manufactured music instead of Bon Jovi or Garth Brooks.

Jonah

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 30, 2014, 07:09:37 PM

Fixed that

Bon Jovi

Yet some people love them. No music is shite IMO. There is certainly music I dislike and wouldn't listen too same as there are foods I would never eat. Doesn't mean that food is shite,it's just not to my tastes.
I think it must be cooler to be a arsehole music snob though.

Maguire01

Quote from: Jonah on January 30, 2014, 07:30:26 PM

Fixed that

Bon Jovi

Yet some people love them. No music is shite IMO. There is certainly music I dislike and wouldn't listen too same as there are foods I would never eat. Doesn't mean that food is shite,it's just not to my tastes.
So Turkey Twizzlers aren't shite?

armaghniac

Quote from: smort on January 30, 2014, 04:08:37 PM
Sorry tyronegirl, I haven't been to a gig in croker, hard to know what stage-side view would be like. But sure is there a bad seat at a Garth Brooks concert? :P

There might not be bad seats in Croker, but you could end up behind somebody in a 10 Gallon hat.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on January 30, 2014, 07:54:50 PM
Quote from: smort on January 30, 2014, 04:08:37 PM
Sorry tyronegirl, I haven't been to a gig in croker, hard to know what stage-side view would be like. But sure is there a bad seat at a Garth Brooks concert? :P

There might not be bad seats in Croker, but you could end up behind somebody in a 10 Gallon hat.
Or this beauty.

Farrandeelin

I got my ticket...well I haven't got it to hand, but I've one for the Saturday night. :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thebigfella

Quote from: Jonah on January 30, 2014, 07:30:26 PM

Fixed that

Bon Jovi

You sure? I give you this www.youtube.com/watch?v=35UUsMnwquo

trileacman

To be honest any time I read the music thread on the board >95% of them couldn't be listened to. If the majority of the depraved suggestions over there are what the Brooks fans are all missing out on then I can't see why you lads are enjoying such a good long sneer here now.

It reminds me of the lads who sneer and jibe at the works of others when they themselves haven't an arse in their trousers, like Spurs or Meath fans since 2001.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014