Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 30, 2014, 03:13:46 PM
Quote from: Bensars on January 30, 2014, 01:35:55 PM
This is  a prime example of greed. People wading in to get 6 tickets each. Come june when done deal, gumtree and ebay are awash with them there will be a glut of people taking face value or close to it in order to recoup their outlay.

Thats not taking into consideration a 4th date already pencilled in for Croke park, or the Belfast Gig

Is this your first time buying tickets for something?

That was Bensars, not Tony F., he probably has bought and paid for the odd ticket at some stage.  :P
This is a lot of tickets in total, whatever way you look at it. Brooks is popular, but I don't know anyone going.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

I'll be entering any competitions for Brooks tickets, and if I win, I'll be putting them on eBay or gumtree. Some crazy redneck hillbilly will end up paying for my summer holiday!

tyrone girl

got mine happy days though it was touch and go for a while. whats section 702 like for concert anyone know?

smort

tyrone girl

I know the seating plan but have never sat upper at matches r anything and wondered had anyone experience of it for concerts

Gabriel_Hurl

it depends where the stage is I guess - if it's at the Hill End - it mightn't be the best view

Bensars

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 30, 2014, 04:01:50 PM
I know the seating plan but have never sat upper at matches r anything and wondered had anyone experience of it for concerts

Cant get much better. great view of stage. I was directly oppisite a few years ago for U2, great view.  Those in the canal may bring binoculars

tyrone girl

presume it is hill end I was thinking decent view as maybe looking down on stage. they are row d so not too far back

smort

Sorry tyronegirl, I haven't been to a gig in croker, hard to know what stage-side view would be like. But sure is there a bad seat at a Garth Brooks concert? :P

tyrone girl

Quote from: Bensars on January 30, 2014, 04:06:45 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on January 30, 2014, 04:01:50 PM

Cant get much better. great view of stage. I was directly oppisite a few years ago for U2, great view.  Those in the canal may bring binoculars

brilliant happy days! close to front of it too so should be good

Brick Tamlin

Bingo

Totally agree with Bensars, there will be plenty of tickets freed up come the time. Its sad that people will be exposed now to touts but I'd question anyone who pays over the odds. In even a few weeks, you'll notice tickets been offered.

Come July will be all sorts of reasons why tickets become available - holidays, weddings, football, work, christenings, deaths etc etc. Its always the way.

Brick Tamlin

I think you underestimate the power of Garth and the passion of mucksavagery.
Holidays, weddings, football, work, christenings, deaths etc etc will all be rearranged and rescheduled round this momentous event...(Yes even deaths may be affected by it too)

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on January 30, 2014, 04:19:32 PM
Totally agree with Bensars, there will be plenty of tickets freed up come the time. Its sad that people will be exposed now to touts but I'd question anyone who pays over the odds. In even a few weeks, you'll notice tickets been offered.

Come July will be all sorts of reasons why tickets become available - holidays, weddings, football, work, christenings, deaths etc etc. Its always the way.
I'm hoping for the full 270,000

screenexile

Quote from: ballinaman on January 30, 2014, 04:29:38 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 30, 2014, 04:19:32 PM

I'm hoping for the full 270,000

That's good... it'll take out the population of Tyrone and 100,000 other dickheads!!