Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2014, 08:50:03 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 21, 2014, 09:44:02 PM
Family holiday or Brooks?

The children have enough.
Do you want to cut down on beer or the kids' new gear
It's a big decision in a town called malice.

You won't catch Garth going underground. Still, that's entertainment.

Under Lights

The woman has said she would like to go to this. Balls. Gonna have to try and take tickets now. How nightmarish is it going to be to get them?

deiseach

Quote from: Under Lights on January 23, 2014, 10:13:08 AM
The woman has said she would like to go to this. Balls. Gonna have to try and take tickets now. How nightmarish is it going to be to get them?

Seriously? Can she not get them herself?

Under Lights

She works in a school and wouldn't be able to get online for 9 to try and get them on ticketmaster. Sigh.

deiseach

Quote from: Under Lights on January 23, 2014, 10:52:41 AM
She works in a school and wouldn't be able to get online for 9 to try and get them on ticketmaster. Sigh.

Ah right. Fair enough. I've been that soldier.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Under Lights on January 23, 2014, 10:52:41 AM
It seemingly doesn't stop Tyrone Tribulations finest.

Bingo

Well, I'll say it. I'll be there, not out of any great desire or love for the mans music but by all accounts he puts on a very entertaining live show and will be a good day out with alot of people from home heading to it.

AZOffaly

Will there be a pile of tickets, or will these be hen's teeth? I'd say the last concert I was at was Brendan Shine at the Oyster Festival in Clarinbridge, or the Sawdoctors in the Dubliner Pub in Phoenix.

I'd like to surprise herself for this though....

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on January 23, 2014, 01:35:22 PM
Well, I'll say it. I'll be there, not out of any great desire or love for the mans music but by all accounts he puts on a very entertaining live show and will be a good day out with alot of people from home heading to it.
You have taken the first step. Very brave.

AZOffaly

Sure lookit hardstation, it takes all sorts. And if it keeps herself happy, what harm?

AZOffaly

Bingo

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 23, 2014, 01:49:11 PM
Quote from: Bingo on January 23, 2014, 01:35:22 PM
You have taken the first step. Very brave.

At least I "stepped" up, an awful of boys in here blaming the "woman" and I'd say for half them the only woman they see is the mammy  ;D

Brick Tamlin

It would definitely be a brownie point earner that's what im thinking.
Throw her a few tickets by surprise and save the brownies (for god knows Il need them)

Off topic but years ago when Westlife were big news I queued up outside Carlin records in Newry in the pishin rain one Saturday morning from the early hours for their tickets.
Same thoughts in mind, surprise herself and bank the brownies. Me standing like a clampet, stickin out like a sore thumb, queuing up with a squad of teenyboppers and weemen.
Sure she was delighted with the tickets and luckily enough when the gig came round I couldn't go with her as I was just after a knee op. Talk about stroke of luck.
Needless to say I was devastated I couldn't go.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

5 Sams

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 23, 2014, 02:08:09 PM
It would definitely be a brownie point earner that's what im thinking.
Throw her a few tickets by surprise and save the brownies (for god knows Il need them)

Off topic but years ago when Westlife were big news I queued up outside Carlin records in Newry in the pishin rain one Saturday morning from the early hours for their tickets.
Same thoughts in mind, surprise herself and bank the brownies. Me standing like a clampet, stickin out like a sore thumb, queuing up with a squad of teenyboppers and weemen.
Sure she was delighted with the tickets and luckily enough when the gig came round I couldn't go with her as I was just after a knee op. Talk about stroke of luck.
Needless to say I was devastated I couldn't go.

You're still bound to have a few points left after that episode Brick!!! Above and beyond the call of duty!!!
The Aristocrat Years