Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

10 cheaper than One Direction ... if that adds anything to the pricing debate :-)

Shamrock Shore

What did slip under the radar was the fact that Status Quo play The Point /O2 in April.

Now I am no fan but this is their last tour (before their next last tour) ever and I betcha most of ye know at least 10 Quo songs.
So I may head, for the craic like.

the waffler

City west £62 couldn't beat it think only upgrade rooms left bout 80

supersarsfields

Friend booked us a room in Dublin (Have to find out the hotel) for 80 Euro.

deiseach

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 21, 2014, 10:04:21 AM
What did slip under the radar was the fact that Status Quo play The Point /O2 in April.

Now I am no fan but this is their last tour (before their next last tour) ever and I betcha most of ye know at least 10 Quo songs.

Wasn't it Stravinksy who said that Status Quo don't have five hundred songs, they have one song they repeated five hundred times?

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 21, 2014, 10:04:21 AM

Whatever you want, Shamrock. You pay your money you make your choice.
Whatever Longford win, whatever they lose.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Bord na Mona man

I'd say the hoteliers didn't even get a chance to think about putting up prices.
The software behind these booking systems and online sites detect surges of interest in certain dates and jacks up the price automatically.

Garth Brooks, I didn't realise he was still alive. Down around home a lot of people referred to him and Gareth Brooooks.
As much as I tried to avoid his music in the 90s, I was surrounded by people who not only liked him but sang his songs and quoted the lyrics non-stop. Now we've just gone and pulled the stake out of that particular heart!

giveherlong

Any hotels or b&bs still a available for fair price, can't get anything at all

bigfrank

I looked yesterday on trivago doing a general search and was still loads,ok maybe not right beside croke park but was plenty

Lar Naparka

Quote from: giveherlong on January 21, 2014, 02:54:06 PM
Any hotels or b&bs still a available for fair price, can't get anything at all
Depends on where you are coming from.  The White House is right behind Dublin Airport and charges €35 per person, per night. Buses from Ashbourne to the city centre pass by the place every half hour or so and travel up Whitworth Road and onto D'Olier Street so you'd have about a ten minute walk to the stadium.
You could try www.whitehose.ie and see if there are any rooms available.
I know they won't up the price for the weekend.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

smort

Do you own, or work for, the whitehouse lar naparka?

If not, they should employ you as marketing manager  8)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: smort on January 21, 2014, 03:32:28 PM

If not, they should employ you as marketing manager  8)
Neither, me oul' mate! ;D
But I do play pitch & putt there from time to time.
I have stayed there once or twice and it's an okay sort of place. Nothing special but it's only a 20 minute trip into town and the bus passes close to Croke Park.
I don't know (or care) if there are vacant rooms or not but I know they don't hike prices for special events so anyone stuck for a bed cold do worse than give the place a ring and check it out.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

5 Sams

Quote from: smort on January 21, 2014, 03:32:28 PM

If not, they should employ you as marketing manager   8)

Maybe not.... if he can't get the website address right!! :P
The Aristocrat Years

balladmaker

Looking at Garth's physical condition compared to the last time he played Croke Park, I don't think he'll be doing much running about this time round  ::)

Feckitt

Viva an Tuaisceart

There was a mural on the Falls Road about an ancient poem in old Irish concerning a bird on Belfast Lough
and I'll take that before Liverpool FC every single time
[/quote]

:D :D :D