GAA Discussion > Armagh

Paul Grimley & Big Joe- The future of Armagh Football.

(1/5) > >>

stew:
Big Paul at the helm of the County team, big Joe once again gracing the sidelines of Crossmaglen Rangers, add in the history between the two and I am fearful of a deepening conflict between Cross and the County set up.

Joe has four son's on the panel, is there tension there now between them and Grimley or can we expect both men to be professional and do what's right for both the club and the county? obviously my wish is that they find common ground for the betterment of us all but knowing that there is no love lost between them I am not holding my breath.

What do you lot think about what we have going on now in the Club/County relationship and how are the players reacting to it all?

T Fearon:
Irrelevant as neither of them will be in their posts in two years time.It was Mc Conville,Bellew etc that made Cross great,with th old hands retired you may find AI titles are few and far between.

Meanwhile Paul himself says he's only holding the fort for a 2002 member to take up the reins.

stew:

--- Quote from: T Fearon on April 15, 2013, 07:28:52 PM ---Irrelevant as neither of them will be in their posts in two years time.It was Mc Conville,Bellew etc that made Cross great,with th old hands retired you may find AI titles are few and far between.

Meanwhile Paul himself says he's only holding the fort for a 2002 member to take up the reins.

--- End quote ---

Tone, Cross are a factory and they will be an AI contender for years to come.

It is just a shame that the two men who were at the helm when we won in 02 have no use for each other anymore, that said as long as they work with each other and not against each other we will be fine.

On another note, I think we will hammer Cavan.

T Fearon:
When Oisin had to go off injured in semi final this year,Cross were finished.The younger brigade are nowhere near the legends.

If Joe's sons can give their all for the Armagh jersey it would indicate that there won't be a problem.

armaghniac:

--- Quote ---When Oisin had to go off injured in semi final this year,Cross were finished.The younger brigade are nowhere near the legends.
--- End quote ---

You're winding up.
If Brennan had hit the ball half straight, as he would have done 99 times of 100, Cross would have had their 3rd Merrigan with no great help from Bellew et al.

--- Quote ---If Joe's sons can give their all for the Armagh jersey it would indicate that there won't be a problem.
--- End quote ---

AK certainly couldn't have shown more commitment than in recent games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version