GAA Discussion > Longford

Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

(1/421) > >>

North Longford:
Just thought we might as well get one started.
Anyone see the panel for the county trial game on Saturday.
a few interesting names.........P Davis, D. Hanniffy & N. Sheridan to name but a few.
Overall not sure if there is a whole lot to add to what we had last year. A lot of the bench in at this too.
Maybe Sean McCormack an add something. If Hanniffy gives the commitment it could be good.
We have a coupl eof new faces in and as previously discussed the old 2 Declan Reilly's conundrum has come a step closer.
Co. board seem to have gotten obver this by using (not cornadrung) as part of the new Declan's title!!

LaurelEye:

--- Quote ---Just thought we might as well get one started.
Anyone see the panel for the county trial game on Saturday.
a few interesting names.........P Davis, D. Hanniffy & N. Sheridan to name but a few.
--- End quote ---

Do you have the full list?

I'd heard that the Big Man had been called back into the panel alright - didn't realise that Davis and Hanniffy were back in. I'd been told that Hanniffy had pretty much lost interest even at club level, and while Podgie is always motivated and interested, he's getting on a bit.

--- Quote ---Overall not sure if there is a whole lot to add to what we had last year. A lot of the bench in at this too.
--- End quote ---

Off hand, I could think of a few who were impressive during the Championships and it always helps to see what else might be there.

--- Quote ---Maybe Sean McCormack an add something. If Hanniffy gives the commitment it could be good.
--- End quote ---

McCormack was the one outstanding prospect from the Championship, I thought. I don't think he'll be available to them for the O'Byrne Cup though.

--- Quote ---We have a coupl eof new faces in and as previously discussed the old 2 Declan Reilly's conundrum has come a step closer.
Co. board seem to have gotten obver this by using (not cornadrung) as part of the new Declan's title!!
--- End quote ---

Does the poor fellow not have a townland to call his own?  ;D

Longfordian:
I see we have home advantage v the neighbours , which is a good advantage .... hopefully we can continue our good run of form at home in championship matches .......

and the game is scheduled for MAY 13TH !!! ....  thats very early IMO.......

Is it true that the losers of this game will be out of the championship proper , and into the Michael Mouse cup ... ?...heard someone saying it this week , very unfair on the losing team if this is the case ...but on the other hand will add an extra dimension to an this local derby ......

Can any of the regular throw some light on this ??

Owenmoresider:
Longfordian:

Not quite. The bottom four teams in Divisions 2A and 2B will be exiled to the TM Cup if they don't advance. Westmeath can't go out, and ye should be alright.

LaurelEye:

--- Quote ---I see we have home advantage v the neighbours , which is a good advantage .... hopefully we can continue our good run of form at home in championship matches .......

and the game is scheduled for MAY 13TH !!! ....  thats very early IMO.......
--- End quote ---

You're forgetting that we had a bye to the quarter-finals the last two years. If I remember correctly, the 2004 fiasco agin Caarla in O'Connor Park was in mid-May.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version