Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2018, 08:16:50 PM
What are your thoughts on Ramsey?

I'm a big fan. Things seem to happen when he's on the field. But lads more knowledgeable than me on the matter detest him.

Brilliant today but often slows things down and over complicates stuff. I'd love to keep him but not on crazy money he looking for.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 02, 2018, 08:20:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2018, 08:16:50 PM
What are your thoughts on Ramsey?

I'm a big fan. Things seem to happen when he's on the field. But lads more knowledgeable than me on the matter detest him.

Brilliant today but often slows things down and over complicates stuff. I'd love to keep him but not on crazy money he looking for.

+1

Haven't an enjoyed an Arsenal match as much in years. Attitude is everything and the players had it in abundance today. Emery is looking like an astute appointment so far. Love his tactical switches.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteOur team is full of bastards now and it's great. Torreira, the humble Latin bastard, alongside Xhaka, the handsome bastard. Sokratis the hard man bastard, Guendouzi the young bastard, and of course Lichtsteiner, the bastard's bastard. I love them all

Missed Arsenal's Bastard side, good to have it back.
#newbridgeornowhere

Saffronista

Looking forward to tonights game for a change, Sunday was a massive confidence booster. Great to see some passion back in the side. Jose will have united fired up and if they get an early goal we might struggle to break them down. I'll take a draw but that would be disappointing on current form of both sides.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Saffronista on December 05, 2018, 11:21:45 AM
Looking forward to tonights game for a change, Sunday was a massive confidence booster. Great to see some passion back in the side. Jose will have united fired up and if they get an early goal we might struggle to break them down. I'll take a draw but that would be disappointing on current form of both sides.

Bit of a bogey ground so a draw would be a very good result.
#newbridgeornowhere

rodney trotter

Wenger took a lot of slack in his final few years, But lacazette and Aubemyang were 2 excellent signings. Arsenal were always creating chances since Van Persie left  but not clinical enough. There was other areas he didn't really fix though   that Emery has  like in midfield with Torreria..

First time since 86 Ferguson or Wenger weren't involved in the fixture

Puckoon

2-2 draw while not playing very well, with a young team and Iwobi. He drives me bananas some times, for all his quickness of feet he often belabors the ball, or just hoofs it against the first defender in his way.

Really liked the look of the Guendouzi lad this evening. Showed for every ball he could and think he was a fantastic presence in the middle of the field.

Mickey Targaryen should have scored at the end, and the one he did ping in from the end line was some rattle.

Saffronista

Disappointed today. 2 poor goals gifted to a very average United side. Sunday cobwebs were on display in first half. Second half we bossed things. Guendozi is a class act, so confident on the ball. Still unbeaten in 20 with a creeking defence. Any word of Monreal returning? Badly miss him, Kolasinac not in the same class defensively or going forward.

Onto the Saints this weekend and 3points

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Saffronista on December 06, 2018, 04:17:04 PM

Disappointed today. 2 poor goals gifted to a very average United side. Sunday cobwebs were on display in first half. Second half we bossed things. Guendozi is a class act, so confident on the ball. Still unbeaten in 20 with a creeking defence. Any word of Monreal returning? Badly miss him, Kolasinac not in the same class defensively or going forward.

Onto the Saints this weekend and 3points

In fairness the two goals Arsenal got was probably bigger gifts. How did you make out Arsenal bossed things second half? they only had the lead for about 30 seconds in the second half and that second goal for Arsenal came at a stage when they weren't even creating chances. Arsenal pushed for the winner late on alright and DeGea somewhat made up for his earlier error. 

ONeill

I know what you mean by Guendouzi but he makes me nervous. He's so supremely confident on the ball that he'll try to dribble his way out of his own box and can be easily knocked off the ball.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Brave new Arsenal my arse.

This new era has been complete media hype. Arsenal are exactly where they were last year.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Syferus on December 16, 2018, 03:20:52 PM

This new era has been complete media hype. Arsenal are exactly where they were last year.

No they're not.

Syferus

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 17, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

No they're not.

Arsenal were four points off fourth at Christmas last year.

They're three points off fourth this year.

Facts are tough bástards for the Wenger OUT crowd to get around.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2018, 06:29:35 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on December 17, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

No they're not.

Arsenal were four points off fourth at Christmas last year.

They're three points off fourth this year.

Facts are tough bástards for the Wenger OUT crowd to get around.

I wasn't a WOB but Arsenal have nearly as many away points as last season already. Club had gone stale. This is in spite of Emery being given very few funds and a major defensive injury crisis.

ONeill

Happy enough with that. Same again and get out with 8-2.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.