McKenna takes a major swipe at Galway

Started by Owen Brannigan, July 26, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Was at that Derry game and Kildare committed 5 head high tackles and dragged any player down bearing down on nets! I not mention the getting to know u bit at the start, can hardly cry when the other team does it on them!

Maroon Manc

I can't say I've paid too much attention to his ramblings in the past but is he always like this?

I saw on Twitter call Galway a massive group of cowards, a nasty bunch of cheats and topped it all off by calling Eoghan Kerin a low life. He's certainly gone well over the top. 

An Fhairche Abu

While I was annoyed myself at the start, I think it's high time for Galway folk to stop giving that couch watching spoofer any more oxygen on social media, has he even attended a single Galway match this year I wonder? He's showed himself up for the hypocrite he is on his Twitter account since the "article" was published.  If he wants to have a crusade against "dark arts" or whatever name you wish to put on it then work away, he's just interested in running down a particular county, using deliberately inflammatory language to cause an affront, incite reactions and garner more page clicks, with the bonus of trying to set a narrative for their remaining championship games, presumably with the intention to undermine their chances. We've seen this same shtick umpteen times through the years and will no doubt again before the current inter county season is over.
No doubt he'll have another gleeful cut at the Galway footballers whenever their championship exit happens and best of luck to him with that, it's all he's got left GAA wise to look forward to this summer in fairness.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 31, 2018, 04:34:42 PM
While I was annoyed myself at the start, I think it's high time for Galway folk to stop giving that couch watching spoofer any more oxygen on social media, has he even attended a single Galway match this year I wonder? He's showed himself up for the hypocrite he is on his Twitter account since the "article" was published.  If he wants to have a crusade against "dark arts" or whatever name you wish to put on it then work away, he's just interested in running down a particular county, using deliberately inflammatory language to cause an affront, incite reactions and garner more page clicks, with the bonus of trying to set a narrative for their remaining championship games, presumably with the intention to undermine their chances. We've seen this same shtick umpteen times through the years and will no doubt again before the current inter county season is over.
No doubt he'll have another gleeful cut at the Galway footballers whenever their championship exit happens and best of luck to him with that, it's all he's got left GAA wise to look forward to this summer in fairness.
This lad writes in his article about Tyrone's "Declan" McCurry and Galway's "Eoin" Brannigan.
Straight away that tells you all you need to know about his knowledge of gaelic football.
Waste of oxygen.

Cunny Funt

I came across this quote from former Donegal defender Eamon McGee on the current Galway senior Football team.

"I watch the Galway footballers now & I'm starting to dislike them. That's a good sign.
They're annoying other teams & getting in their faces.
It's something Galway needed to do in order to compete.
They'l drive on and be fully focused now. They're in a place now where they don't give a damn about being liked. All they want is silverware.
Paddy Tally is being credited - or blamed! but this is Kevin Walsh's vision & Tally is only helping to facilitate it."

imtommygunn

In an argument with someone on twitter he has a picture of a galway guy (the FB I think) where he says this is evidence of the Galway full back punching the Kildare guy in the mouth.

The Galway full back is not punching the Kildare guy in the picture (he may have his finger in his mouth but that is a different story!).

The guy is an absolute idiot who is trying to gain attention for himself (again). You would think listening to him that Galway were the worst team that had ever played sport. I would doubt they're even the dirtiest team out there but that doesn't suit his story.

screenexile

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 27, 2018, 06:59:52 PM
Quote from: TheOptimist on July 27, 2018, 05:17:06 PM
Kildare can have no complaints after their gamesmanship up in Derry

I wasn't at it but I believe Kildare went up there determined not to be bullied like they were against Carlow and were expecting a traditional tough Derry battle. What transpired was that Derry had gone a bit soft and the battle was a bit one sided. Kildare should have got a couple of black cards but that is down to the referee. Mark Lynch was rightly sent off for stupidity.

Indeed young Flynn was goaded into it but Lynch was sent off for stupidity when both did EXACTLY the same thing!!!!

MayomaninRos

I've seen Galway play live 3 times this year. They are one of the most if not the most cynical team I have ever seen and I've been going to games for 25 years. You need to be at a game to really appreciate it. Their off the ball stuff is constant and unrelenting. They are largely getting away with it though because they are Galway and they don't have a reputation for this kind of play. I have no problem with Galway adopting these tactics, what I have a problem with is the referee, his 2 linesmen and 4 umpires facilitating it. It is a good thing that Ewan is writing about and highlighting their antics because they need to be held to the same standard as everybody else. By the way I seen Kildare knock us out of the Championship and have no complaints about the way in which they play the game. They are far less versed in the "dark arts" in my humble opinion.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Poor enough hatchet job from McKenna on Fitzmaurice today, trying to get revenge for O'Sé's hatchet job on Cian O'Neill the day before the Carlow game. Can't see it having the same effect.