McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2023, 01:40:48 AM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 12, 2023, 09:32:38 PM

You are not much of a GAA fan if you pay other people to steal their content.

Imbecile comment
[/quote]

Why do you say that? A fan would be happy for the money to go to the sport they follow and would not pay others to steal their content.
You can cod yourself that this is not theft, but you are only codding yourself.
[/quote]

Lol

Cavan19

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 13, 2023, 08:52:01 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2023, 01:40:48 AM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 12, 2023, 09:32:38 PM

You are not much of a GAA fan if you pay other people to steal their content.

Imbecile comment

Why do you say that? A fan would be happy for the money to go to the sport they follow and would not pay others to steal their content.
You can cod yourself that this is not theft, but you are only codding yourself.
[/quote]

Lol
[/quote]

The IPTV is a great service and anyone not using it either doesn't know how to get it or has shite broadband. 

Armagh18

I've shite broadband.

At the end of the day Sky, BT, and the rest are thieves robbing us blind and I give a clean fortune during the year between memberships, tickets, sponsorship, lotto, donations etc etc etc to the GAA. Happy enough to steal games lol

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 13, 2023, 09:53:08 AM
I've shite broadband.

You should send a motion to Congress about that.

Quote from: Taylor on January 13, 2023, 08:34:11 AM
You could say the GAA doesnt really give a flying for the supporters given the ticket prices for adults and now juveniles as well for upcoming league fixtures.

You could say that the earth is flat, but you would not be correct.
Tickets are not any more in relation to other costs than ever they were.  If teams for going well and games are competitive then people will go, for instance Monaghan v Armagh is probably going to sold out shortly, and if teams are not going well thn ppoole will not go even if admittance was free.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2023, 10:40:34 AM
I've shite broadband.

You could say the GAA doesnt really give a flying for the supporters given the ticket prices for adults and now juveniles as well for upcoming league fixtures.

Tickets are not any more in relation to other costs than ever they were.  If teams for going well and games are competitive then people will go, for instance Monaghan v Armagh is probably going to sold out shortly, and if teams are not going well thn ppoole will not go even if admittance was free.
It's still an absolute rob. But, us being fools and excited by the prospect of success will pay it, thats the nature of sports fans. It's the hope that kills ye!

JoG2

I've shite broadband.

U16s should not be charged for McKenna (FBD etc charge kids?) or league. We set off to Fermanagh last Sunday and it didn't dawn on us to get the squad of wains tickets until we were asked beside the clubhouse. I've no issue with the adult prices

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on January 13, 2023, 01:15:58 PM
I've shite broadband.

U16s should not be charged for McKenna (FBD etc charge kids?) or league. We set off to Fermanagh last Sunday and it didn't dawn on us to get the squad of wains tickets until we were asked beside the clubhouse. I've no issue with the adult prices
Absolutely.

nrico2006

The GAA rip everyone off so why not get one up when you can.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BrotherMore6592

I've shite broadband.

I'll let you know what channel Armagh and Monaghan is on the firestick  ;)

ONeill

I've had IPTV for years and don't mind ripping off the soccer across the water for 2 reasons - I wouldn't care if they went bust and disappeared, and that that will never happen as they're billionaires.

On the other hand, I wouldn't do the same for the GAA. I bought the McKenna Cup games as I hope that money goes back into the sport I love.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on January 13, 2023, 02:30:11 PM
I've shite broadband.

I'll let you know what channel Armagh and Monaghan is on the firestick  ;)

I'll be attending, thank you.

gortnaleck

Are the semi finals being streamed by anyone

armaghniac

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2023, 02:24:37 PM
The GAA rip everyone off so why not get one up when you can.

Who is the beneficiary of this "rep off"?

Quote from: gortnaleck on January 14, 2023, 12:23:43 AM
Are the semi finals being streamed by anyone

Yes, the Ulster GAA.

BrotherMore6592

Do you get many invites to go for a pint? Wild craic I'd say

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ONeill on January 13, 2023, 10:47:06 PM
I've had IPTV for years and don't mind ripping off the soccer across the water for 2 reasons - I wouldn't care if they went bust and disappeared, and that that will never happen as they're billionaires.

On the other hand, I wouldn't do the same for the GAA. I bought the McKenna Cup games as I hope that money goes back into the sport I love.

Agree with this. And while £10 for one game is a bit steep, wasn't it £25 for the whole tournament? That's not bad at all. And if anyone ends up arguing about who deserves All Ireland tickets, "who else paid £10 to stream the McKenna Cup" puts you in a pretty decent position. I was grateful for the stream midweek and will buy it again tonight.

Looking forward to the game later on anyway. Do Derry have a song coming out for their semi-final?