Club hurling championships 2022

Started by johnnycool, November 06, 2022, 07:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2022, 10:03:54 AM
Dungiven seem the closest from what I can see. Realistically Dunloy the strongest by a good bit in antrim so if slaughtneil better than them hard to judge the rest of derry. You'd imagine Dungiven at least would be competitive in antrim. Lavey seem to have dropped off.

I think Dungiven gave them a better game than Portaferry but I also think Slaughtneil *probably* prepare to peak for ulster.

Derry always has good hurlers in it. Maghera always competitive. It's just that they're all footballers too.

They did but it isnt always accurate to compare like this as time and conditions have changed-Slaughneil would be up a level now from Derry final-they have found another couple young lads too

imtommygunn

Yeah I think they're peaking a bit more now.

You feel for them at the minute as there are periods in the last 10 years they maybe could have won the whole thing but Ballyhalle and Ballygunner are phenomenal.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2022, 12:00:31 PM
Yeah I think they're peaking a bit more now.

You feel for them at the minute as there are periods in the last 10 years they maybe could have won the whole thing but Ballyhalle and Ballygunner are phenomenal.

Love to see them get to final , but it's very very tough this year

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 22, 2022, 11:55:42 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2022, 09:53:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2022, 04:04:58 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 21, 2022, 02:52:13 PM
Where is Down hurling in the grand scheme of things in relation Ulster Club SHC?

3rd behind Antrim then Derry at the top at the minute, the one thing S'neil are doing is raising the standard in Derry I'd imagine in club hurling, I know they have won well over the years but teams are raising their own standards to try and catch them I'd imagine

The dual thing impacts the Derry county hurlers more than the other two for obvious reasons hence why the strength in club hurling in Derry hasn't transferred to IC.

Fear will know better, but how far beyond the Lynches, Lavey and the Screen would SN be? Do they even get a competitive game in the Derry club championship?

1 Slaughtneil
2 Kevin Lynches
3 Banagher
4 Eoghan Rua
5 Screen
6 Swa
7Lavey
8 Na Magha.

Thats the order this year. Eoghan Rua will drop away off wihtin next 5 years. Banagher, Lavey, Screen, Swa will all swap up and down that order-Lavey very strong underage.

Slaughtneil miles ahead of Lynches. Bar them 2 everyone else either intermediate or junior Ulster.

If Derry got all their dual players playing intercounty they would put it up to Antrim, but alas.

Club hurling relatively ok. We were baeten junior finalists and last in derry and beat Down junior well and put it up to Donegal senor champs-could beat them on another day
Think Eoghan Rua were beaten by Middletown at the weekend after extra time, who'd be far and away the strongest team in Armagh.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 22, 2022, 12:23:09 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 22, 2022, 11:55:42 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2022, 09:53:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2022, 04:04:58 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 21, 2022, 02:52:13 PM
Where is Down hurling in the grand scheme of things in relation Ulster Club SHC?

3rd behind Antrim then Derry at the top at the minute, the one thing S'neil are doing is raising the standard in Derry I'd imagine in club hurling, I know they have won well over the years but teams are raising their own standards to try and catch them I'd imagine

The dual thing impacts the Derry county hurlers more than the other two for obvious reasons hence why the strength in club hurling in Derry hasn't transferred to IC.

Fear will know better, but how far beyond the Lynches, Lavey and the Screen would SN be? Do they even get a competitive game in the Derry club championship?

1 Slaughtneil
2 Kevin Lynches
3 Banagher
4 Eoghan Rua
5 Screen
6 Swa
7Lavey
8 Na Magha.

Thats the order this year. Eoghan Rua will drop away off wihtin next 5 years. Banagher, Lavey, Screen, Swa will all swap up and down that order-Lavey very strong underage.

Slaughtneil miles ahead of Lynches. Bar them 2 everyone else either intermediate or junior Ulster.

If Derry got all their dual players playing intercounty they would put it up to Antrim, but alas.

Club hurling relatively ok. We were baeten junior finalists and last in derry and beat Down junior well and put it up to Donegal senor champs-could beat them on another day
Think Eoghan Rua were beaten by Middletown at the weekend after extra time, who'd be far and away the strongest team in Armagh.

Yep beat by 3 points few weeks back, MT into final after beating carrickmore weekend past-big physical team, they would do well in Derry league

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 22, 2022, 11:57:59 AM
Dungiven seem the closest from what I can see. Realistically Dunloy the strongest by a good bit in antrim so if slaughtneil better than them hard to judge the rest of derry. You'd imagine Dungiven at least would be competitive in antrim. Lavey seem to have dropped off.

I think Dungiven gave them a better game than Portaferry but I also think Slaughtneil *probably* prepare to peak for ulster.

Derry always has good hurlers in it. Maghera always competitive. It's just that they're all footballers too.

They did but it isnt always accurate to compare like this as time and conditions have changed-Slaughneil would be up a level now from Derry final-they have found another couple young lads too

Is young McAllister of Cushendall stock?

Remember talking to an old mate from the Dall at a minor game in Ballinascreen and SN were playing, but never made the connection.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2022, 01:20:32 PM

Remember talking to an old mate from the Dall at a minor game in Ballinascreen and SN were playing, but never made the connection.

Not sure but likely with that surname .

johnnycool

Well done Liatroim, they'll be in some mess tonight..
  :)

Some fine hurling on TG4 at the minute.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on December 03, 2022, 04:10:01 PM
Well done Liatroim, they'll be in some mess tonight..
  :)

Some fine hurling on TG4 at the minute.

Great to see.  Hurling needs this kind of stuff

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 22, 2022, 06:46:26 PM

A few folk about the locality with that surname and no links to the Glens. He's a Tirnony man.

johnnycool

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on December 03, 2022, 11:18:58 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 22, 2022, 06:46:26 PM

A few folk about the locality with that surname and no links to the Glens. He's a Tirnony man.

Does the Da answer to the nickname "Brains"?

johnnycool

Crokes going all out, nothing to lose at this stage

imtommygunn

Fair play to them.

It must be so deflating busting your balls for scores then tj Reid nonchalantly sticking them over.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 04, 2022, 03:37:16 PM
Fair play to them.

It must be so deflating busting your balls for scores then tj Reid nonchalantly sticking them over.
Poor mistake by the keeper, follow the original flight of the ball, still in it though.

TJ looking slow for the first time

Baile an tuaigh

The difference between Ballyhale and kilmacud is the two keepers.

Agree about TJ this timing belt starting to slip.