Online dating advice

Started by Emmett, June 28, 2022, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 29, 2022, 02:24:02 PM
Best advice is don't get too bogged down in messaging! Few txts, if going well meet for a coffee/ drink. You don't need pen friends.

Agree with this.  If you're getting a good vibe after a few messages then just ask them out for a coffee or whatever.  In my experience if a woman is flaky about meeting or giving it the whole 'I'd rather chat for abit first' then they have really no intention in meeting at all - they're just on the apps for the wee ego boost or they're still pining after an ex who dumped them 5 years ago lol (works both ways too I'm sure).

If you can also hold a conversation then you're already doing a helluva lot better than 90% of the blokes on the app.

Just don't say you went to the 'school of hard knocks' lol

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tintin25 on June 29, 2022, 04:44:33 PM
Best advice is don't get too bogged down in messaging! Few txts, if going well meet for a coffee/ drink. You don't need pen friends.

Agree with this.  If you're getting a good vibe after a few messages then just ask them out for a coffee or whatever.  In my experience if a woman is flaky about meeting or giving it the whole 'I'd rather chat for abit first' then they have really no intention in meeting at all - they're just on the apps for the wee ego boost or they're still pining after an ex who dumped them 5 years ago lol (works both ways too I'm sure).

If you can also hold a conversation then you're already doing a helluva lot better than 90% of the blokes on the app.

Or the University of life!

tintin25

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 29, 2022, 04:46:43 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on June 29, 2022, 04:44:33 PM

Or the University of life!

That too!

Loughshore2022

I am an 'incel' (Involuntary celibate aka life long bachelor in Irish terms). You may have heard about people like me from the radical left media, I was actually banned from Reddit Ireland for trying to start a discussion on Irish incels so that shows you how we are treated. Reddit have banned all our forums at this stage.
Anyway, in the worldwide incel forum I occasionally use there are countless "Tinder experiments" when ugly men use a fake photo of a tall handsome man and the way these men get treated is unbearable to watch. These men can get away with anything, they can get away with being racist, being misogynistic, being unemployed,etc and women will still fawn over them. This isn't just in USA, there have been experiments carried out everywhere. I carried out an experiment on Tinder in 2019 with a photo of a chizeled jawed hunk and the matches came rolling in. They were a bit more reserved than the American and English women to be fair but I still managed to find a few wild girls who would have met up with this fake hunk. I don't do experiments any more as is it bad for your mental health seeing what some men's lives are like on easy mode.

For any aging bachelor's I would recommend the MGTOW community (Men going their own way). If you Google it there are a lot of groups for men who have given up on women because of divorce settlements and bad experiences with them cheating. This is an ever growing group around the world. The radical left still hate them but not as much as they hate incels. Incels only get a bad name because there have been a few shootings attached to the community but realistically incels are peaceful. There are very very few incels in prison which sums up my point, we are not the bad guys, the normal people are the ones to watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPaaIqSi-pE

thebigfella

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 29, 2022, 05:41:32 PM
I am an 'incel' (Involuntary celibate aka life long bachelor in Irish terms). You may have heard about people like me from the radical left media, I was actually banned from Reddit Ireland for trying to start a discussion on Irish incels so that shows you how we are treated. Reddit have banned all our forums at this stage.
Anyway, in the worldwide incel forum I occasionally use there are countless "Tinder experiments" when ugly men use a fake photo of a tall handsome man and the way these men get treated is unbearable to watch. These men can get away with anything, they can get away with being racist, being misogynistic, being unemployed,etc and women will still fawn over them. This isn't just in USA, there have been experiments carried out everywhere. I carried out an experiment on Tinder in 2019 with a photo of a chizeled jawed hunk and the matches came rolling in. They were a bit more reserved than the American and English women to be fair but I still managed to find a few wild girls who would have met up with this fake hunk. I don't do experiments any more as is it bad for your mental health seeing what some men's lives are like on easy mode.

For any aging bachelor's I would recommend the MGTOW community (Men going their own way). If you Google it there are a lot of groups for men who have given up on women because of divorce settlements and bad experiences with them cheating. This is an ever growing group around the world. The radical left still hate them but not as much as they hate incels. Incels only get a bad name because there have been a few shootings attached to the community but realistically incels are peaceful. There are very very few incels in prison which sums up my point, we are not the bad guys, the normal people are the ones to watch.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Milltown Row2

Just keep it simple

Homeowner
Six figure salary
Exercise most days
Love animals
Non smoker
Love eating out
Travels a lot
Generous nature
Enjoys a good night in watching Love Actually
Hung like a donkey

That should spark some interest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Welcome back Angelo

RedHand88

Someone I know matched with a girl on tinder recently who we all knew was too perfect. Not going to say any names incase she actually is real but she claimed to be from the south Derry area. Her story was that she was a dentist and that her friends had her on tinder "to get bucked". She had arranged to meet him one night in a forest park then went cold.

A few of us done some research and found nobody with her name on the dentist register. Reverse Google image of her photos showed nothing either.
So the moral of the story is don't get too excited if you match with a worldie.  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 29, 2022, 06:13:33 PM
Someone I know matched with a girl on tinder recently who we all knew was too perfect. Not going to say any names incase she actually is real but she claimed to be from the south Derry area. Her story was that she was a dentist and that her friends had her on tinder "to get bucked". She had arranged to meet him one night in a forest park then went cold.

A few of us done some research and found nobody with her name on the dentist register. Reverse Google image of her photos showed nothing either.
So the moral of the story is don't get too excited if you match with a worldie.  ;D

Was he an intercounty footballer?

Itchy

When I went on tinder first and used my own profile picture I had women breaking their pelvis's to ride me. It was shocking. I'm so handsome even some men dressed up as women to try ride me. It's was out of control. I went onto an incel group and stole the picture of the ugliest one to put on my page. However due to the fact I'm unbelievably charming my ride rate only dropped by 20%. I think I'll join that group you suggested to see will that be any help. Cheers.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Emmett on June 28, 2022, 11:01:18 PM

* Photos. Obviously vital but what type of photos? How many?

About 7 photos. One where they can get a good look at you, others where you're doing something interesting, like playing an instrument, playing a sport, putting up a shelf, or otherwise making yourself useful. I think it's good if other people are in some of your photos too, so you don't look like a hermit or couch potato. Your main pic should be one where you're doing something useful. Gulping down a pint is not a good look, and I'd keep alcohol out of the picture,  but at least look like you're a bit of craic.

Think about your target audience too. If you're going for women on the mature side of their 20s then the party animal schtick isn't going to land very well compared to if you're going for early 20s. Girls in their early 30s might be looking for someone a bit more sensible, especially if they've already had a marriage under their belts.

* Bio. Blank? Short but sweet? Deep and meaningful? Pure humour? If anyone has written a good bio don't be shy on posting it here lol

Humourous, short, and sweet. I used "Looking for hot Swedish chicks (preferably twins) for a bit of fun and games." It was a great way to weed out all the hypersensitive ones with no sense of humour.

Comb through other fellas' profiles and make a note of stuff that repeats so you can avoid it.  I used to see a lot of women posting "x but not y" cliché stuff. "Confident but not cocky, healthy but not a hardcore athlete, likes a drink but not a drunkard" etc.. Big long shopping lists. Awful to read. "Comfortable staying but also going out" was another frequent flyer, and its cousin "comfortable in heels and a dress but also in a pair of jeans." You'd think they'd been copying each others' work.

* Which apps/sites are best in Ireland? I assume paying monthly will give better results.

I'll defer to others for Ireland. Match.com was a scam - you've no way of knowing how many of the email recipients have a paid membership and can actually read your messages. I got a lot of dates out of OK Cupid, but I ultimately met my wife through Tinder.

* Opening line advice for matches. Presumably most ladies are not going to want a generic "Hey, how are you?"

A quick greeting, and a question about something she's doing in her photos, preferably something you might have in common. Or an opinion question about something in her photos.

"I see you're from Cavan. Is it true what they say...?"
"Is that the train you take to work? How annoying was yer man beside you?"
"How did you like your trip to ______?"

This world is completely new to me and a bit daunting tbh

Understandable.

Try not to take it too seriously. Treat it like a science experiment where you just see what works and what doesn't. Your own mentality and mental state going into it is going to be key. If you're ready to move on, but not completely desperate either, then you'll be all right. Girls can smell desperation, so the more relaxed you are the better.

Good luck!

Captain Obvious

I copied the bio i used to sell my car and got a great interest.

Good body
One previous owner
All parts in good working order
Good to ride with the top down.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: general_lee on June 29, 2022, 10:38:34 AM
Tinder is a whole riding match. Bumble probably more geared towards people more serious about a relationship.

Like someone has already said, just be yourself. No point using 10 year old pictures, lying about your interests or trying to make yourself out to be something you're not.

Another bit of advice is stay clear of women who only show photos from the neck up.

Ah yes, the old "iceberg photos," that's what I called them. Especially the ones that were taken from above, looking down on the chest. That was always hiding something. Sometimes I'd fall for it and end up meeting her only to think "Oh FFS. She's getting 20 minutes of polite conversation and then I'm away."

tintin25

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 29, 2022, 07:12:52 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 29, 2022, 10:38:34 AM
Tinder is a whole riding match. Bumble probably more geared towards people more serious about a relationship.

Like someone has already said, just be yourself. No point using 10 year old pictures, lying about your interests or trying to make yourself out to be something you're not.

Another bit of advice is stay clear of women who only show photos from the neck up.

Ah yes, the old "iceberg photos," that's what I called them. Especially the ones that were taken from above, looking down on the chest. That was always hiding something. Sometimes I'd fall for it and end up meeting her only to think "Oh FFS. She's getting 20 minutes of polite conversation and then I'm away."

A quick ask of the name and subsequent facebook check was always a good way to see if she was a porker or not! lol.  Honestly though, if you're only getting pictures of the face and the photos are all filtered then it should ring alarm bells.

Eamonnca1

Agreed. After a few message exchanges, and you've both expressed a bit of an interest, it should be enough to initiate the "we should meet" procedure.

I didn't get married until my early 40s, so I was out there in the trenches for a long time and I picked up a bit of experience that I'm happy to share. 

Date venues to avoid:

• Afternoon coffee date. They end up like job interviews, they always have somewhere to go afterwards, and they get boring and hard to recall which candidate was which if you book too many of them.

• Cinema. Sitting in awkward silence beside each other with no interaction. Doesn't work on the first date, better to save it for about 3rd.

Date venues / times to try:

• Keep it later in the day, so there's less chance they have somewhere to go afterwards and you can keep it open-ended.

• Somewhere ordinary like a pub for a bit of a feed. Don't do expensive restaurants, that only attracts gold diggers or puts off ordinary women.  I always found it best sitting at the bar so you could sit side by side rather than facing each other, it was more relaxed and you can comment on what's going on around you. Or if you're at a table/booth, see if you can sit at a 90 degree angle to each other.

• If you're hitting it off, suggest you go to a different venue for dessert. If you get Ice Cream then you can take it somewhere else to eat it.

• Or go to a different venue just to take a walk. You can effectively put 4 dates into one, it seems more interesting when you pack in more venues into the same evening and have a bit of walking in between them all.

• Partner dance lessons (better if this is 2nd or 3rd date and you're definitely interested). I signed my now wife up for a month-long Brazilian Zouk course after we first met. I already knew the dance, and she was happy to try it.

• If you can incorporate things into the evening like bowling, pool / snooker, or archery or whatever, it'll give you some activity you can both focus on without the pressure of having to make conversation every second, helps you both relax. Something you both haven't done before can make it a good shared experience.

• Get her up high. If there's a tall building open to the public or a hill somewhere where there's a decent view, that always makes a good impression.

Finally, I used to get dressed up all fancy like it was a job interview, all except the suit and tie. I wore a nice jacket, trousers, shirt and dress shoes. It was overkill. It's very easy to make a girl feel underdressed, which may or may not work in your favour. Better to tone it down a bit and dress the way I normally dress. Jeans and a decent shirt. I wore a red fedora just for a splash of color too. No point in trying too hard.