The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on August 11, 2022, 09:33:21 PM
Not much from garland , if trump has a brain he would hardly leave anything hanging around there that would incriminate him in anything. Looks like a "tip off" set the ball rolling and let's see what they got
My opinion is they wanted a warrant to ransack the place and see if they could find or if not plant something anything that might finally get trump . As a side note the judge who signed the search warrant had recused himself from a Hillary Clinton v Trump lawsuit before on the grounds that he could not be impartial to Trump because of his dislike of him , funny how they found him .

I think Trump might have actually staged the whole thing

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 09:56:51 PM
Not much from garland , if trump has a brain he would hardly leave anything hanging around there that would incriminate him in anything. Looks like a "tip off" set the ball rolling and let's see what they got
My opinion is they wanted a warrant to ransack the place and see if they could find or if not plant something anything that might finally get trump . As a side note the judge who signed the search warrant had recused himself from a Hillary Clinton v Trump lawsuit before on the grounds that he could not be impartial to Trump because of his dislike of him , funny how they found him .

I had that thought myself lol

Eamonnca1

A conservative RWNJ, who participated in the January 6th insurrection, has been shot dead after attempting to attack an FBI facility in Cincinnati armed with an AR15 and firing a nail gun. The NYT has identified him as Ricky Shiffer. A social media account of the same name called for FBI agents to be "shot on sight" on the day Trump's house was raided, and called for "war" against the government.

He'll probably now be seen as a martyr for the cause.

Rossfan

Good to see one of them sc**bag sh1t getting killed by their own medicine.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Seriously?

You're wheeling out the "crazy like a fox", "3D chess" nonsense again after all these years?

About as laughable as the NY Post's front page this morning, saying that if they (the FBI) had only asked... ;D

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 12, 2022, 12:34:11 AM
A conservative RWNJ, who participated in the January 6th insurrection, has been shot dead after attempting to attack an FBI facility in Cincinnati armed with an AR15 and firing a nail gun. The NYT has identified him as Ricky Shiffer. A social media account of the same name called for FBI agents to be "shot on sight" on the day Trump's house was raided, and called for "war" against the government.

He'll probably now be seen as a martyr for the cause.

Another one sacrificed on behalf of Trump's repugnant campaign of lies, lawlessness and narcissism.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2022, 12:08:56 PM

Seriously?

You're wheeling out the "crazy like a fox", "3D chess" nonsense again after all these years?

About as laughable as the NY Post's front page this morning, saying that if they (the FBI) had only asked... ;D

Alls I'm saying is that they better have found something significant, otherwise this is a huge win for Trump

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2022, 12:33:04 PM

Seriously?

Alls I'm saying is that they better have found something significant, otherwise this is a huge win for Trump

'FBI searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago home for classified nuclear weapons documents' – report

whitey

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 12, 2022, 12:40:56 PM

Seriously?

'FBI searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago home for classified nuclear weapons documents' – report

Just because they were looking for them, doesn't mean they actually found them or that they were ever there

After the dossier, I wouldn't put anything past the Democrats or the FBI

Plant that seed and just sit back.....wouldn't surprise me in the least

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2022, 01:07:49 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 12, 2022, 12:40:56 PM

Seriously?

Just because they were looking for them, doesn't mean they actually found them or that they were ever there

After the dossier, I wouldn't put anything past the Democrats or the FBI

Plant that seed and just sit back.....wouldn't surprise me in the least

By that logic, all members of the police everywhere are suspect in your eyes, is that right? Given all the shooting of unarmed black people? The racist attitudes expressed by members of police forces all across the country, documented in various cases in recent months? Do you tell your police "buddies" that you have a jaundiced attitude towards their profession?

How about the lies and anti-democratic actions of the Republican Party and especially Trump? They've been exposed time and time again.

Does your "skepticism" and application of guilt by association extend to all of them?

Or is it only those who you find politically distasteful?

J70

Seriously?

Why?

In the same week he pled the fifth 440 times, his house was raided by federal agents.

How can that be a win, never mind a huge win?

The morons like the guy who staged his suicide for Trump mission in Ohio yesterday are already on his side.

On the other hand, what right-minded person is going to be swayed by the "argument" that Trump is somehow the victim in this?

Especially when Trump has a history of himself threatening all kinds of law enforcement "justice" on his perceived enemies. He even told his opponent in a nationally televised presidential debate that she should be in jail FFS. He got impeached for trying to use the power of his office and his own private "lawyer" to get a foreign country to stitch up his eventual opponent in the following election.

whitey

J70

I have to hand it to you-you have the Democratic taking points down to a T

I was listening to Laura Coates yesterday, and that's where you must have heard the line about if you don't trust the FBI when it comes to Trump, then you cannot trust anything any law enforcement ever did in the history of law enforcement

The FBIs dealings with Trump are a litany of biased, illegal, shoddy and partisan hit jobs

Dossier, FISA Warrants, etc etc

https://nypost.com/2022/05/24/fbi-agent-testifies-in-michael-sussman-trial-about-mistake/amp/

"An FBI agent already under scrutiny over claims he withheld key information in the "Crossfire Hurricane" investigation admitted Tuesday to a screwup that led other agents to believe a probe of Trump-Russian bank links was spurred by the Justice Department — rather than a lawyer for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign."

Not to mention the head FBI guy who found the infamous Sussmann text when (conveniently) it was too late to be fully introduced as evidence

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2022, 02:23:45 PM
J70

I have to hand it to you-you have the Democratic taking points down to a T

I was listening to Laura Coates yesterday, and that's where you must have heard the line about if you don't trust the FBI when it comes to Trump, then you cannot trust anything any law enforcement ever did in the history of law enforcement

The FBIs dealings with Trump are a litany of biased, illegal, shoddy and partisan hit jobs

Dossier, FISA Warrants, etc etc

https://nypost.com/2022/05/24/fbi-agent-testifies-in-michael-sussman-trial-about-mistake/amp/

"An FBI agent already under scrutiny over claims he withheld key information in the "Crossfire Hurricane" investigation admitted Tuesday to a screwup that led other agents to believe a probe of Trump-Russian bank links was spurred by the Justice Department — rather than a lawyer for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign."

Not to mention the head FBI guy who found the infamous Sussmann text when (conveniently) it was too late to be fully introduced as evidence

Sorry to disappoint, but my point about the police is schoolkid-level logic. If some Dem representative said something similar, then that just further illustrates how basic a concept it is.

YOU are tarring ALL work by the FBI based on the dossier and the FISA warrant (not sure what the etc. etc. refers to).

If you are doing so, then why not adopt the same attitude to police all over based on their much more extensive history of problematic behaviour?

Or if just the FBI, why not the agents in NY who leaked the info that damaged Hillary right before the 2016 election?

Why is one typical and not the other?

Convenience?

whitey

Believe whatever you want about all this other stuff if you want

Yes-I am tarring all of the work the FBI AS IT PERTAINS TO TRUMP-that is correct!

Why should I now give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the latest issue?

(BTW-Comey told Congress that if there were "material" updates on the Hillary email server he would notify them.....which he did, when classified emails showed up on Weiners laptop. That's on Huma Abedin and Hillary-not Comey)

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/06/if-hillary-clinton-loses-this-election-it-will-be-because-of-you-and-me-an-exclusive-extract-from-huma-abedins-memoir

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2022, 03:26:01 PM
Believe whatever you want about all this other stuff if you want

Yes-I am tarring all of the work the FBI AS IT PERTAINS TO TRUMP-that is correct!

Why should I now give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the latest issue?

(BTW-Comey told Congress that if there were "material" updates on the Hillary email server he would notify them.....which he did, when classified emails showed up on Weiners laptop. That's on Huma Abedin and Hillary-not Comey)

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/06/if-hillary-clinton-loses-this-election-it-will-be-because-of-you-and-me-an-exclusive-extract-from-huma-abedins-memoir

But I'm not advocating for police to all be tarred with the same brush.

I'm questioning your double standard.

Personally, I expect a smart man like Garland to have taken an intense interest in seeing that every i was dotted and every t crossed in this, given the stakes and the previous history.