The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Florida certainly dodged a bullet electing Desantis and not Gillum who was just indicted on mass fraud , taking bribes and lying to fbi . The lord works in mysterious ways and hopefully Desantis can be our next president.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2022, 12:48:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 20, 2022, 12:33:08 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2022, 12:03:57 PM
Who said that?

That's in addition to everything else that's going on at the moment

Chuck Schumer should be called to account for his public threats toward the SJC.

A person (with obvious mental illness) showed up at Justice Kavanaughs house with a gun

DOJ not enforcing a law about intimidating judges and White House (Jen Psaki) refusing to condemn protests outside the justices house

Democrats are an absolute disgrace and are as much or a greater threat to Democracy than Trump

1.Schumer retracted his stupid and reckless comment (made more than two years ago) the following day.
2. Psaki has been gone from her WH post for more than a month. The WH has condemned any violence or threats against judges.
3. Garland has come out in support of boosting protection of judges and the would-be assassin has been charged with murder.
4. Trump has a list as long as ten arms (including stating the Capitol rioters might have a "point" when it comes to hanging Mike Pence), the rest of the GOP are giving either explicit or tacit support to his anti-democracy efforts, but as usual with you, Democrats and liberals are always worse. Suit yourself whitey. I've got better things to be doing.

Keep twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to justify what they're doing

They leaked the ruling to gin up protests so they can energize the base in advance of the mid terms....something that has never happened in the history of the SJC

They don't give a fvck about anything other than staying in power

They should be ashamed of themselves

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/11/protest-justice-home-illegal/

How do you know they leaked the ruling?

I've heard just as many commentators, including conservatives, claim it likely came from the right wing to pressure any justices who would be wavering about overturning Roe.

But of course, to whitey, it HAS to be the evil Dems.

And of course you've zero to say about protests and harrassment from the right. Just this week we've had testimony from those women election workers in Georgia whose lives were made a living hell because of Trump's bullshit claims about a supposed suitcase full of ballots. Similarly for the Republican Arizona Speaker who had the temerity to not go along with replacing that states ballots with a slate that would give that state to Trump.

And you never have a word to say about the GOP and Mitch McConnell and their scorched earth tactics when it comes to political power, standing in the way of anything, absolutely anything, that would lead to meaningful, helpful change if it would be perceived to help a Democratic president.

Anything to say about the Texas GOP putting it in their official party platform this week that Biden is "acting president" and didn't win the election? Not power hunger issues there?

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on June 19, 2022, 05:15:46 PM
Quote from: lenny on June 19, 2022, 07:32:38 AM
Quote from: Gmac on June 19, 2022, 06:57:55 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on June 19, 2022, 06:29:50 AM
Quote from: Gmac on June 19, 2022, 12:08:04 AM
Joe Bidens America has Covid vaccines for 6 months olds  (who don't need it ) but no baby formula.
Sums up the worst administration of all time .
Worse than the last one?
how are things globally and internally? make up your own mind.

Biden has don quite a good job considering the hand he was dealt and the divided state of the country caused by the deliberate stoking of divisiveness by his predecessor.

Don't know if you live here but he's been a disaster (unfortunately)

The Republicans flipped an Hispanic District in TX that hasn't voted Red in a century

Border a shambles

Crime out of control

Gas/petrol all time high

Mayor Pete (who I had high hopes for) MIA

Failure to protect Supreme Court Justices

People are furious
you forgot the Afghanistan debacle of a withdrawal, leaving 80b of weapons and aircraft  and the country is now experiencing near famine conditions after leaving it in turmoil.
Inflation is at 40 year high and is closer to 20% than the 8 the liars tell us
Closing keystone pipeline on day one and refuse to drill for oil but go begging all over the world for it.
Using fbi as a personal gestapo to go after political opponents ,

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2022, 12:40:46 PM
Who said that?

Chuck Schumer should be called to account for his public threats toward the SJC.

A person (with obvious mental illness) showed up at Justice Kavanaughs house with a gun

DOJ not enforcing a law about intimidating judges and White House (Jen Psaki) refusing to condemn protests outside the justices house

Democrats are an absolute disgrace and are as much or a greater threat to Democracy than Trump

1.Schumer retracted his stupid and reckless comment (made more than two years ago) the following day.
2. Psaki has been gone from her WH post for more than a month. The WH has condemned any violence or threats against judges.
3. Garland has come out in support of boosting protection of judges and the would-be assassin has been charged with murder.
4. Trump has a list as long as ten arms (including stating the Capitol rioters might have a "point" when it comes to hanging Mike Pence), the rest of the GOP are giving either explicit or tacit support to his anti-democracy efforts, but as usual with you, Democrats and liberals are always worse. Suit yourself whitey. I've got better things to be doing.

They leaked the ruling to gin up protests so they can energize the base in advance of the mid terms....something that has never happened in the history of the SJC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/11/protest-justice-home-illegal/

I've heard just as many commentators, including conservatives, claim it likely came from the right wing to pressure any justices who would be wavering about overturning Roe.

And of course you've zero to say about protests and harrassment from the right. Just this week we've had testimony from those women election workers in Georgia whose lives were made a living hell because of Trump's bullshit claims about a supposed suitcase full of ballots. Similarly for the Republican Arizona Speaker who had the temerity to not go along with replacing that states ballots with a slate that would give that state to Trump.

And you never have a word to say about the GOP and Mitch McConnell and their scorched earth tactics when it comes to political power, standing in the way of anything, absolutely anything, that would lead to meaningful, helpful change if it would be perceived to help a Democratic president.

Anything to say about the Texas GOP putting it in their official party platform this week that Biden is "acting president" and didn't win the election? Not power hunger issues there?

Oh......you won't find me defending anything the Republicans did/are doing

My point is that the Democrats are are as big a shower of cvnts as the Republicans

They have assaulted democracy just as much as Mitch McConnell and Trump

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 23, 2022, 04:12:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2022, 12:40:46 PM
Who said that?

Oh......you won't find me defending anything the Republicans did/are doing

My point is that the Democrats are are as big a shower of cvnts as the Republicans

They have assaulted democracy just as much as Mitch McConnell and Trump

Yes, your point is plain. The facts don't back it up however. Believe me, I wish the GOP only did the same objectionable stuff the Dems do and that they return to being a normal party. For now, that ship has sailed. The 2024 election is looking like a horror show in the making for the US as this time Trump and his enablers WILL have the people in place to actually make a serious attempt at stealing it. I don't even want to imagine the trouble that will follow across the country if what Trump was planning in 2020 actually comes about.

Gabriel_Hurl

Mo Brooks
Matt Gaetz
Andy Biggs
Louie Gohmert
Scott Perry
Marjorie Taylor Greene

dec

Gabriel_Hurl

Contraception
Same sex relationships
Same sex marriage

will all be going next

Windmill abu

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 24, 2022, 03:33:09 PM
Contraception
Same sex relationships
Same sex marriage

will all be going next

No they wont. Because they aren't killing unborn children.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Jell 0 Biafra

Clarence Thomas said the decisions protecting these things should all be reconsidered.

Eire90

de santis has no chance if trump  runs i might be wrong but i think the trump cult is too strong.

Gmac

Contraception
Same sex relationships
Same sex marriage

will all be going next
fever swamp seems to have switched locations

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 24, 2022, 03:58:22 PM
Clarence Thomas said the decisions protecting these things should all be reconsidered.

I notice he didn't put mixed race marriage in his list of things to be reconsidered

Jell 0 Biafra

I'd say he was afraid of his life to.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 24, 2022, 05:17:05 PM
Contraception
Same sex relationships
Same sex marriage

will all be going next
fever swamp seems to have switched locations

Clarence Thomas, highly revered conservative justice, is part of the fever swamp?

He's just saying the quiet part out loud and pointing the way.

The rest of the GOP would rather rabble rouse about drag queen story hours and child grooming than say what they really want.