The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Oh and Kansas voted to legalize abortion.

Kansas.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2022, 12:04:39 AM
Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2022, 11:33:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2022, 11:21:19 PM
Apparently his son pled the fifth 500 times in his deposition.

Trump Organization has nothing to hide though.

Real estate guys pumping up the value of their properties for financing purposes and deflating them for tax purposes

Well I never heard of such carry on in my life

White collar fraud doesn't matter.

Just like refusing to pay the small companies who do the work for you.

It's all just business. Something we little people can't be expected to understand.
what do you think about Paul pelosi buying the semi conductor stocks just before that last bill was on the table ? Trump was rich before he got into politics and net worth had probably went down .
Eamon loves abortion,  ghoul

whitey

Real estate guys pumping up the value of their properties for financing purposes and deflating them for tax purposes

It's all just business. Something we little people can't be expected to understand.

Speaking As someone who has acquaintances in the real estate industry, this (within reason) is a common practice

How brazen and outrageous we're Trumps actions?  I don't know, but I'm sure we'll find out

How many other real estate developers engaged in similar actions?
How many of them are also under indictment?

But if your assessor can't accurately value a building and is relying on Trump to tell them the value, then they should be fired and you should hire someone else to do the job

FFS the Democratic Governor of IL removed the toilets from a house/mansion so it would be deemed uninhabitable and therefore not taxed

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/federal-investigators-digging-deeper-into-pritzkers-331k-property-tax-break/

And then there's the Kennedys

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlodonnell/2014/07/08/how-the-1-billion-kennedy-family-fortune-defies-death-and-taxes-3/amp/

"Thanks to a carefully crafted deal with Vornado Realty, the Kennedy family deferred – or possibly avoided completely – capital gains tax on nearly half the value of the sale"

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 02:25:36 AM

Speaking As someone who has acquaintances in the real estate industry, this (within reason) is a common practice

How brazen and outrageous we're Trumps actions?  I don't know, but I'm sure we'll find out

But if your assessor can't accurately value a building and is relying on Trump to tell them the value, then they should be fired and you should hire someone else to do the job

FFS the Democratic Governor of IL removed the toilets from a house/mansion so it would be deemed uninhabitable and therefore not taxed

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/federal-investigators-digging-deeper-into-pritzkers-331k-property-tax-break/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlodonnell/2014/07/08/how-the-1-billion-kennedy-family-fortune-defies-death-and-taxes-3/amp/

"Thanks to a carefully crafted deal with Vornado Realty, the Kennedy family deferred – or possibly avoided completely – capital gains tax on nearly half the value of the sale"

And am I on here downplaying what these guys did because I'm on the same side politically?

I'll have to go back and check my previous posts to see where I was crying blue murder because the authorities were correctly going after suspicions of fraud on the part of the Illinois governor.

Trump pled the fifth 400 f**king times today.

But that's all ok because he makes the libtards cry.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 11, 2022, 12:51:18 AM

what do you think about Paul pelosi buying the semi conductor stocks just before that last bill was on the table ? Trump was rich before he got into politics and net worth had probably went down .

They're all at the insider trading shit. Both sides.

But I'm not the one making excuses for my side when the authorities pursue corruption.

I'm personally against abortion, but I also find this no-exception bullshit the GOP are pursuing ghoulish.

And they're just getting started on contraception, gay marriage and even, unbelievably just this week, preventative care coverage in health insurance.

Eire90

so trump supporters are threatening civil war who they going to attack and what is their plan if the us armed forces go agaisnt them what they going to do then,

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2022, 05:20:40 AM

And am I on here downplaying what these guys did because I'm on the same side politically?

I'll have to go back and check my previous posts to see where I was crying blue murder because the authorities were correctly going after suspicions of fraud on the part of the Illinois governor.

J70

I think you're missing the point (or maybe I'm not articulating it correctly)

Due to the complex legal and tax treatment of real estate, these guys, both Republican and Democrat, use every trick in the book get  out of paying property tax. It's just the way that business works

This prosecutor flat out ran for office on  a platform of "getting Trump" (I'm paraphrasing) so excuse me if I'm a little suspicious as to the validity of the charges

Hound

Of course fraud happens, but your acquaintances justifying their fraud by saying everybody is at it, so we should all be left alone is just a lie.

The IRS routinely audit such companies and go hard when they find fraud. They won't catch everyone, but they'll catch plenty and the vast majority know that so keep away from tax evasion  and fraud.

whitey

Quote from: Hound on August 11, 2022, 10:40:57 AM
Of course fraud happens, but your acquaintances justifying their fraud by saying everybody is at it, so we should all be left alone is just a lie.

The IRS routinely audit such companies and go hard when they find fraud. They won't catch everyone, but they'll catch plenty and the vast majority know that so keep away from tax evasion  and fraud.

So did the Kennedys commit fraud when they avoided taxes on the sale of the Merchandise Mart or did they just use the law to their advantage?

https://jbpritzker.com/chris-kennedy-bragged-avoiding-capital-gains-tax-merchandise-mart-sale/

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/kennedy-led-company-used-madigans-firm-for-property-tax-refunds/

Real estate law and taxes are extremely complicated. That's why real estate lawyers are among  the best paid in the industry

johnnycool

Quote from: Gmac on August 11, 2022, 12:51:18 AM

Not one new semi-conductor will be made in the US..

The US firms will take the Gov funds to set up but south of the dreaded border where it's much cheaper to manufacture. Just ask Dell, Intel, Microsoft etc etc.

Most electronics used in the US are made in Mexico if not China in origin.

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 09:45:00 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2022, 05:20:40 AM

J70

I think you're missing the point (or maybe I'm not articulating it correctly)

Due to the complex legal and tax treatment of real estate, these guys, both Republican and Democrat, use every trick in the book get  out of paying property tax. It's just the way that business works

This prosecutor flat out ran for office on  a platform of "getting Trump" (I'm paraphrasing) so excuse me if I'm a little suspicious as to the validity of the charges

There haven't been any charges yet. They're investigating. And Trump and his family are pleading the fifth to avoid self incrimination.

As to the complexity, why is it that these "complex" valuations always come out as minimal as possible when it comes to property taxes and inflated as possible when it suits Trump and his offspring?

I realize they're all at it, just like with the insider information stuff Gmac brought up, or the sale of influence that you're all so upset with Hunter Biden (and previously the Clintons) about (but not the extended Trump family of course).

That doesn't change that what the Trumps are doing is fraud. The NY AG is doing her job. Just like the Southern District of NY was doing earlier this year when the NY Lt Governor had to resign for wire fraud and bribery. Just like the GOP is NOT doing their job and didn't do their job when it came to Trump. If they'd a shred of morality and concern about their country, he'd have been impeached and out of our lives, to everyone's benefit, including their own.

Gabriel_Hurl

the what-about argument is getting a serious run out this morning

whitey

If Trump broke the law, I'm all for prosecuting him to the Nth degree

But prosecuting someone because you don't like their politics is absolutely outrageous

And that is what this looks like because that's exactly what she ran on

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 03:07:00 PM

But prosecuting someone because you don't like their politics is absolutely outrageous

Whereas here in NY we look at it as a diligent and gutsy prosecutor, the same one who went after the very powerful governor from her OWN party (while HIS minions made similar proclamations to yourself about her integrity), as simply doing her job and trying to hold a very corrupt man to account when an entire national political party is prostrate on the ground in front of him.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2022, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2022, 03:07:00 PM

Whereas here in NY we look at it as a diligent and gutsy prosecutor, the same one who went after the very powerful governor from her OWN party (while HIS minions made similar proclamations to yourself about her integrity), as simply doing her job and trying to hold a very corrupt man to account when an entire national political party is prostrate on the ground in front of him.

How many other real estate developers is she currently investigating for tax fraud or is Trump the only one?

If Trump is the only one-then that's a politically motivated investigation/prosecution and EVERYONE should be outraged about that.

Weaponizing your office to target political opponents and adversaries is grounds for impeachment and removal

She as much as Sadi that's what she planned on doing in her election manifesto

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/10/politics/letitia-tish-james-new-york-attorney-general-trump/index.html