The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 12, 2022, 12:47:53 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 11, 2022, 11:35:09 PM
Was Hunter the connected White House family guy who received  a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince?

Unrelated and completely irrelevant to what has come out about Hunter Biden

Jared Kushner was wildly successful and extremely rich before Trump ever won the Presidency

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chloesorvino/2016/12/18/jared-josh-kushner-fortune-donald-trump-real-estate/?sh=4229fc1b2f42

Hunter Biden is a degenerate alcoholic and drug addict who's peddled access to his Dad which has resulted in millions of dollars of consulting fees to consult in matters he knows nothing about

Its hardly unrelated.

Fair enough, Hunter Biden's personal behaviour and problems are a separate issue, but the cashing in on and sale of access and influence are the same. What did Jared Kushner ever do to warrant the Saudis and other gulf states investing billions in his start-up private equity fund?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 12, 2022, 08:20:03 PM
Was Hunter the connected White House family guy who received  a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince?

Jared Kushner was wildly successful and extremely rich before Trump ever won the Presidency

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chloesorvino/2016/12/18/jared-josh-kushner-fortune-donald-trump-real-estate/?sh=4229fc1b2f42

Hunter Biden is a degenerate alcoholic and drug addict who's peddled access to his Dad which has resulted in millions of dollars of consulting fees to consult in matters he knows nothing about

Its hardly unrelated.

Fair enough, Hunter Biden's personal behaviour and problems are a separate issue, but the cashing in on and sale of access and influence are the same. What did Jared Kushner ever do to warrant the Saudis and other gulf states investing billions in his start-up private equity fund?

Jared Kushner is already a billionaire several times over

He doesn't need the Saudi money to maintain or sustain his lifestyle

What influence does Jared Kushner have now that Trump is out of office?

Hunter Biden is on the street or in jail without his do nothing consulting gigs

And it is under investigation by the House Oversight Committee and rightly so

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna31805

If I had my way, all these types of arrangements would be illegal, but the answer to questions about Hunter Biden is not "Oh, but look at what Jared Kushner is doing!". I think Hunter Biden is seriously compromised

Main Street

Quote from: whitey on July 12, 2022, 08:45:22 PM

Its hardly unrelated.

Payment for services rendered to the Saudis.
Greed has no limit, just because Jared was already well endowed doesn't excuse payment for favors.
Hunter is just a low scale grifter on the make, probably jarred as well

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on July 12, 2022, 03:26:28 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 12, 2022, 01:36:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 11, 2022, 12:31:08 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 10, 2022, 07:45:33 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 10, 2022, 05:24:24 PM
Quoteall over the place

Ah that reliable source ;D
news is all over the place and the old news networks are the main distributors of fake news
Also watch out for pedo Peter story

Watch out for "pedo Peter" lads, but beware those fake news sources! ;D :o
when you are down as pedo Peter in your sons iPhone contacts it's probably not a great sign

Haha-he didn't spare Dr Jill either, referring to her as a stupid cvnt (among other things)
"dr" jill needs a breakfast taco I think

whitey

Quote from: Main Street on July 12, 2022, 10:03:33 PM

Its hardly unrelated.

Greed has no limit, just because Jared was already well endowed doesn't excuse payment for favors.

Well I'm sure the ongoing investigation into Kushner and Mnuchin will expose the favors you are alluding to

Main Street

Quote from: whitey on July 12, 2022, 10:53:17 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 12, 2022, 10:03:33 PM

Its hardly unrelated.

Well I'm sure the ongoing investigation into Kushner and Mnuchin will expose the favors you are alluding to

More germane to the topic of profiteering while president of the USA , how  does Joe Biden's profiteering compare to Trumps calculated USD 1,5bn 'earnings' while president?

whitey

You won't find me defending much of anything Trump ever did

But The Trumps and Kushners were already very wealthy before they entered politics.

Jared Kushner was worth close to $2B before Trump ever got elected. The $25 M he made off the Saudi deal is rounding error to a guy like that, and definitely not worth the heat of a Congressional investigation.

I'd love to see the evidence you have of Trump making $1.5 B off the presidency, because if it's true, it warrants serious investigation

Eamonnca1

Stop falling for the "Oh look over there! Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden!" scheme. It's all a distraction.

Focus.

QuoteJan. 6 committee notifies DOJ that Trump tried tampering with one of its witnesses, Cheney says

The vice chair of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack revealed that it had made the Department of Justice aware of a phone call it says was made by former President Donald Trump to one of its witnesses.

Republican Liz Cheney said at the Tuesday hearing the witness alerted their lawyer of the call who then told the committee it took place.
The committee showcased fresh testimony from several key witnesses, including former White House counsel Pat Cipollone.

The House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6 revealed that it told the Department of Justice that former President Donald Trump contacted one of its witnesses who hasn't publicly testified yet.

"After our last hearing. President Trump tried to call a witness in our investigation. A witness you have not yet seen in these hearings," Rep. Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the committee, said on Tuesday.

"That person declined to answer or respond to President Trump's call and instead alerted their lawyer to the call. Their lawyer alerted us. And this committee has supplied that information to the Department of Justice," she added.

A spokesperson for Trump did not respond to requests for comment.

The Tuesday hearing marked the latest round of testimony that depicts Trump as a president determined to hang onto power after the conclusion of the 2020 presidential election — no matter the cost to American democracy.

The committee showcased fresh testimony from several key witnesses, including former White House counsel Pat Cipollone, who told the panel's investigators that they believed the election wasn't stolen and it was time for the president to concede.

Trump has continued to make false claims about the 2020 election two years after he lost to President Joe Biden. Trump has yet to rule out another run for president in 2024.

This might be the best way to stop him from getting reelected. Get him locked up.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 13, 2022, 05:05:09 AM
Stop falling for the "Oh look over there! Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden Hunter Biden!" scheme. It's all a distraction.

Focus.

QuoteJan. 6 committee notifies DOJ that Trump tried tampering with one of its witnesses, Cheney says

The vice chair of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack revealed that it had made the Department of Justice aware of a phone call it says was made by former President Donald Trump to one of its witnesses.

Republican Liz Cheney said at the Tuesday hearing the witness alerted their lawyer of the call who then told the committee it took place.
The committee showcased fresh testimony from several key witnesses, including former White House counsel Pat Cipollone.

The House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6 revealed that it told the Department of Justice that former President Donald Trump contacted one of its witnesses who hasn't publicly testified yet.

"After our last hearing. President Trump tried to call a witness in our investigation. A witness you have not yet seen in these hearings," Rep. Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the committee, said on Tuesday.

"That person declined to answer or respond to President Trump's call and instead alerted their lawyer to the call. Their lawyer alerted us. And this committee has supplied that information to the Department of Justice," she added.

A spokesperson for Trump did not respond to requests for comment.

The Tuesday hearing marked the latest round of testimony that depicts Trump as a president determined to hang onto power after the conclusion of the 2020 presidential election — no matter the cost to American democracy.

The committee showcased fresh testimony from several key witnesses, including former White House counsel Pat Cipollone, who told the panel's investigators that they believed the election wasn't stolen and it was time for the president to concede.

Trump has continued to make false claims about the 2020 election two years after he lost to President Joe Biden. Trump has yet to rule out another run for president in 2024.

This might be the best way to stop him from getting reelected. Get him locked up.

So our friends in the main stream media told us in the run up to the 2020 election that the Hunter Biden Laptop was "Russian misinformation"

The same media, I may add, who for 4 years pushed the now debunked dossier as fact

Trump should be barred from holding office, but that doesn't change the facts about Hunter Biden and by default Joe Biden

J70

Its hardly unrelated.

And it is under investigation by the House Oversight Committee and rightly so

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna31805

If I had my way, all these types of arrangements would be illegal, but the answer to questions about Hunter Biden is not "Oh, but look at what Jared Kushner is doing!". I think Hunter Biden is seriously compromised

Trump is out of office right now, but that doesn't mean that he will always be, and it doesn't mean that all of those with whom Jared Kushner would have influence still aren't in office and prostrating themselves before Trump and his base.

But each side pointing at Jared Kushner or Hunter Biden is beside the point.

The issue is that the more money you're willing to throw at these politicians, the more influence you can buy. US politicians spend a major chunk of their time fundraising for the re-election campaigns. They're able to get all kinds of undisclosed donations from who the f**k knows who. I've said before that I'll never land a meeting with a Senator or Congressperson. I just don't have the cash i.e. I'm not important and there's nothing in it for them. A relative of my wife recently had dinner with a western governor. I assure you it wasn't because they were old college mates or had met during some shared hobby. Cash was going one way, influence over policy the other.

So I don't really give a f**k about the right wing obsession with Hunter Biden. When they agree to clean up the corruption and sleaze that underlies the whole system, I'll be fully on board. Until then, f**k them and their hypocritical outrage.

I don't care about Hunter Biden either. If he's done criminal shit, investigate and prosecute him. Same as Trump and the rest of his corrupt, treasonous lackeys.

Eamonnca1

Gmac

Dems finally realizing joe is a huge liability and  they are toast in November the plan in motion to dump him but the problem is the backup  QB is a bigger idiot , what a joke of an administration.

trailer

Quote from: Gmac on July 22, 2022, 11:33:30 AM
Dems finally realizing joe is a huge liability and  they are toast in November the plan in motion to dump him but the problem is the backup  QB is a bigger idiot , what a joke of an administration.

Dems finally realizing joe is a huge liability and  they are toast in November the plan in motion to dump him but the problem is the backup  QB is a bigger idiot , what a joke of an administration a country.

Fixed that for you.

J70

Yep, only way Joe can win in '24 is if Trump is on the other ticket.

whitey

I just read that if you're in the country illegally, you can board a plane using your "warrant" to appear as an ID.

Meanwhile tax paying,  law abiding CITIZENS like myself have to jump through hoops to get a "real" ID, because our Massachusetts drivers licenses will no longer be accepted.