Author Topic: The Many Faces of US Politics...  (Read 1870864 times)

J70

• View Profile
Re: The Many Faces of US Politics...
« Reply #22890 on: June 25, 2022, 09:34:19 PM »
Relax J70……it was a tongue in cheek comment

I am fully in favor of transgender rights, but the people I see online are becoming a parody of themselves scolding people for not using the correct pronouns

Fair enough.

And yes, Twitter etc is full of idiots.

People need to calm it down. If someone wants to be addressed by certain pronouns, then respect their wishes.

If someone mistakenly, without malice, uses the wrong ones, move on.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #22891 on: June 26, 2022, 11:18:14 AM »
The states will decide their policies going forward and even the most strict ones will have a clause in there for rape or incest I would think .
The zeal with which some protesters have about this issue is bordering on demonic also my body my choice except if it’s a new vaccine , total loons

That's extremely naive. Missouri has already outright banned abortion and is looking at contraception. A huge amount of rights derived from RvW's principle of privacy. The state has now awarded itself huge power over it's citizens. Everythimg from abortion to interracial marraige is up in the air.

Christ. You are proving his point.

It's one of the things that the 'right to' was removed by removing RvW

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #22892 on: June 26, 2022, 11:21:10 AM »
Contraception
Same sex relationships
Same sex marriage

will all be going next

No they wont. Because they aren't killing unborn children.

Do you really think this is about abortion? That Trump, who pays for sex, gives a damn about it?

This is about reversing social gains minorities and women won and giving the government much more power over people. As it is on Hungary and Poland.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #22893 on: June 28, 2022, 09:51:39 PM »
anything newsworthy today?

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #22894 on: June 29, 2022, 02:57:38 AM »
come on hurl what happened ?

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22895 on: June 29, 2022, 11:02:35 PM »

Trump threw a temper tantrum when the secret service refused to take him to the Capitol. He assaulted his driver, tried to grab the steering wheel, and demanded that the guy do as he says because "I'm the f***ing president." Trump wanted to lead the mob from the front, march into the senate chamber, and stop the certification process.

He asked that the mob be let onto the scene without having to go through metal detectors and didn't care if they had assault rifles because "they're not here to hurt me." Meaning he was fine with having an armed mob storm the capitol with assault rifles.

He also was prone to throwing temper tantrums in the White House dining room, throwing his meals against the wall, breaking plates, pulling the tablecloth off and dumping everything on the floor, whenever he didn't get his own way. The ketchup on the wall was a result of him being told that there was no evidence of losing the election to voter fraud.

Seems like the 2020 election was his first ever experience of someone saying "no" to him and his toddler-like mind was incapable of processing it.

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #22896 on: June 30, 2022, 01:18:51 AM »

Trump threw a temper tantrum when the secret service refused to take him to the Capitol. He assaulted his driver, tried to grab the steering wheel, and demanded that the guy do as he says because "I'm the f***ing president." Trump wanted to lead the mob from the front, march into the senate chamber, and stop the certification process.

He asked that the mob be let onto the scene without having to go through metal detectors and didn't care if they had assault rifles because "they're not here to hurt me." Meaning he was fine with having an armed mob storm the capitol with assault rifles.

He also was prone to throwing temper tantrums in the White House dining room, throwing his meals against the wall, breaking plates, pulling the tablecloth off and dumping everything on the floor, whenever he didn't get his own way. The ketchup on the wall was a result of him being told that there was no evidence of losing the election to voter fraud.

Seems like the 2020 election was his first ever experience of someone saying "no" to him and his toddler-like mind was incapable of processing it.
eamon and hurl still watching msnbc I see

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #22897 on: June 30, 2022, 10:04:01 AM »
They were watching or reading about the under-oath Congressional testimony of yet another person who was there as the toddler sitting president tried to fraudulently steal the election and lead a mob containing armed thugs to disrupt the democratic process.

Let’s hope Cippollone testifies.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:09:02 AM by J70 »

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #22898 on: June 30, 2022, 02:37:27 PM »
They were watching or reading about the under-oath Congressional testimony of yet another person who was there as the toddler sitting president tried to fraudulently steal the election and lead a mob containing armed thugs to disrupt the democratic process.

when is Ray Epps testifying ? He’s on tape calling for an insurrection

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #22899 on: June 30, 2022, 03:29:50 PM »

Never heard of him till now, but it appears he, a former Oathkeeper (nice lads) was already interviewed. I'm sure if he'd anything substantial to offer, he'd be up there.

I don't which is worse: your adherence to every conspiracy theory that comes around the bend, or the fact that you align yourself with masses of people who, by your implication, are evidently dim-witted sheep who can collectively be manipulated into various criminal plots and violence by supposed FBI plants.

And of course you have zero to say about the actual under-oath testimony of true believers who were still with Trump eight weeks after he started the attempted coup.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 03:48:11 PM by J70 »

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #22900 on: June 30, 2022, 05:03:47 PM »

Never heard of him till now, but it appears he, a former Oathkeeper (nice lads) was already interviewed. I'm sure if he'd anything substantial to offer, he'd be up there.

I don't which is worse: your adherence to every conspiracy theory that comes around the bend, or the fact that you align yourself with masses of people who, by your implication, are evidently dim-witted sheep who can collectively be manipulated into various criminal plots and violence by supposed FBI plants.

And of course you have zero to say about the actual under-oath testimony of true believers who were still with Trump eight weeks after he started the attempted coup.
Under oath second or third hand information, but you are super smart guy ffs.
Ray was probably going to be charged with something unless he played  along , drain your money and resources, sell your home to fight in court or go along with the program that’s how the gestapo works .

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #22901 on: June 30, 2022, 05:11:17 PM »

Under oath second or third hand information, but you are super smart guy ffs.
Ray was probably going to be charged with something unless he played  along , drain your money and resources, sell your home to fight in court or go along with the program that’s how the gestapo works .

No, she was in the room and first hand for the important stuff. The stuff about Trump supposedly lunging at the Secret Service agent to grab the wheel was second hand, but that's hardly the central issue, is it?

And Mark Meadows, her boss, hasn't contradicted what she said.

Let them all come in under oath and put their money where their mouth is. She's had the guts to stand up there in front of the country under pain of perjury. Let's see if all the lapdogs and those who sold their souls do.

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22902 on: June 30, 2022, 05:44:10 PM »

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #22903 on: June 30, 2022, 07:09:00 PM »
Trump is gone but he’s still all the democrats have .
Roll on November
78% of democrats are not happy with the direction the country is going .
Joe Biden worst of all time , leaving jimmy carter in his rear view mirror and I told you he would be 20 months ago .

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #22904 on: June 30, 2022, 08:40:41 PM »
Trump's NOT gone.

No one would give f**k about him if he was. And that includes the spineless worms like Kevin McCarthy who were brave and dignified for about five minutes on January 6th before running back to kiss his ring.

Tragically for most people Trump and the GOP's sick campaign to steal elections and roll back minority gains still loom extremely large over the country.

But then even Trump is only the symptom of the moral sickness at the heart of the American right.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:45:17 PM by J70 »