Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Joxer on December 20, 2010, 03:26:09 PM
Trying to organise a Stag weekend in Newcastle.  Who are the best to fly with?  Have priced Easyjet and Ryanair and they are both coming in pretty hefty.

Also talking about Westport.  Anyone been there?  Hear its a lively enough spot!

Have been on Stag to both. Newcastle was definitley better craic. Westport was pretty good too though.

Bingo

Is there something on at the time either end that could driving prices up. I booked about 3 months ahead and got them for the 50. Newcastle at home to Spurs that weekend but I'd epxect they wouldn't have the numbers flying in that Liverpool or United would.

Jurys Inn good enough price wise and location wise as well if you looking at accomodation. They will take a bond/deposit of a couple of hundred on arrival though through a credit card for any disturbstances/damage.

ross4life

Quote from: Joxer on December 20, 2010, 03:26:09 PM
Trying to organise a Stag weekend in Newcastle.  Who are the best to fly with?  Have priced Easyjet and Ryanair and they are both coming in pretty hefty.

Also talking about Westport.  Anyone been there?  Hear its a lively enough spot!
Just checked easyjet Belfast to Newcastle was quoted £50 for weekends 11th to 13th & 4th to 6th

Westport have cut back on the Stag/Hen parties over the last few years, Carrick on Shannon is the place that seems to getting more these days
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

whitegoodman

Heading to newcastle next month and just wondering if anyone knows of any good niteclubs and pubs specifically to go to.  Have been a few times before but cant remember too many of them.  Buffolo Joes was always a good spot but have heard its now in liquadation.

Also any irish bars which will show the rugby or national league games on a saturday evening.  O'Neills is the only one that i no of.

stiffler

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 08, 2011, 12:49:30 PM
Heading to newcastle next month and just wondering if anyone knows of any good niteclubs and pubs specifically to go to.  Have been a few times before but cant remember too many of them.  Buffolo Joes was always a good spot but have heard its now in liquadation.

Also any irish bars which will show the rugby or national league games on a saturday evening.  O'Neills is the only one that i no of.

Oneills is a hell hole, doesnt even have sky anymore.

Newcastle not a great spot for irish bars, you could try the irish centre up near st james.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

whitegoodman

was thinking there not too many irish bars about myself.  that irish centre isnt much to write home about either.

Guess its gonna have to be the ti**ybar instead then, devastated  :)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 08, 2011, 12:59:12 PM
was thinking there not too many irish bars about myself.  that irish centre isnt much to write home about either.

For your eyes only is a good one to start with
You'll Never Walk Alone.

whitegoodman

yes have heard of that one myself, i wouldnt be that fussy when it comes to that type of bar so that will do me.

Does the gate still be the place to go to for bars and clubs and what about down by the quayside.  its been a while since i have been so cant really remember.  Staying in jurys which i always remember as being good craic in the residents bar

Shortso79

TacadoirArdMhacha

Has anybody been to either Galway or Kilkenny for a Stag Do? Which would yis recommend?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Minder

That Irish Centre is a shithole, stay well clear.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2011, 07:58:08 PM

That Irish Centre is a shithole, stay well clear.
It's dire. Hasn't been painted in about 30 years. I thought Newcastle was over-rated.

As for TAM, RLL could set you right on Kilkenny. Haven't been to either in years.

bigfrank

Planning a stag for june time....choices between, liverpool, southampton, edinburgh, leeds and bristol?? what ur thoughts?

i hear liverpool and edinburgh are the two stand outs in this line up...any truth??

Doogie Browser

Edinburgh is amazing, you will never have a bad night out in Liverpool either. Southampton would be a new one on me, would say it's a good spot too.