Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2010, 10:23:53 AM
Quote from: bingobus on January 06, 2010, 10:04:25 AM
One of the best stags I was on was in Lemington Spa outside Birmingham but the stag was originally from there and we had a guide as such. Was some craic though and have been back since and it was good craic, lovely spot actually, very well kept and lively.

Newcastle is a mighty spot and you could take in a championship game or go to a rugby premiership game. Horse racing also an option.

Going to Newcastle for one in May, be around the end of May so will be no Newcastle match.

You'll miss the prematch "parties" in the pink triangle so  ;)  ;)

the waffler

Quote from: gawa316 on January 05, 2010, 11:06:34 PM
Right have to plan 2 stags this year. More or less already got one sorted for the Isle of Man but the other is proving a fecker.

Groom wants to go somewhere in eng, sco or wales but not the usual places. Was looking at Newquay but its a fecker to get to from here and costs a fortune.

Edinburgh is a deadly spot but whats it like for actvities, would like to do something on the sat morning, just to stay out of the pubs for a couple of hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?
ffs forget about the isle of man bars stop at 12 or so not too many nite clubs and worst still hard to find a bar open before 12 very strick try again

orange2009

Im heading to Krakow in March on my own, anyone been there before?? Whats it like, I heard its great for a stag, and there are only 8 of us going so isnt too big a crowd to have trouble getting in places hopefully.

Geoff Tipps

QuoteIm heading to Krakow in March on my own, anyone been there before?? Whats it like, I heard its great for a stag, and there are only 8 of us going so isnt too big a crowd to have trouble getting in places hopefully.

Was there a few years ago though not on a stag. Beautiful city, great pubs and clubs, cheap accomodation and booze. There was about 16 of us and no hassle getting in anywhere. Auschwitz and the salt mines are worth a visit although maybe not on a stag weekend!

Geoff Tipps

And some of the hottest chicks you'll find anywhere!!

Minder

Bingo, there is racing on Fri 28th May which could be a provisional date for us. Is the racecourse far outside te city centre ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bingobus

Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2010, 02:15:12 PM
Bingo, there is racing on Fri 28th May which could be a provisional date for us. Is the racecourse far outside te city centre ?

No, its not that far out. Organise a local bus hire firm to lift you's out and back. Also think they run a courtesy bus back into city centre after it. Its about 15mins in taxi/bus from city as far as i can remember.

cornerback

Quote from: cornerback on January 04, 2010, 05:00:37 PM
Just had a quick scroll through the pages and a few people recommended Bristol...

Any more information on places to stay & bars/clubs to go to/avoid?

Cheers

Any help lads??

thebigfella

Quote from: bingobus on January 06, 2010, 02:21:20 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 06, 2010, 02:15:12 PM

No, its not that far out. Organise a local bus hire firm to lift you's out and back. Also think they run a courtesy bus back into city centre after it. Its about 15mins in taxi/bus from city as far as i can remember.

You could get the Metro out too, it's only out in Gosforth and would be a hell of alot quicker than trying to get back through the traffic.

ross4life

Quote from: orange2009 on January 06, 2010, 02:06:02 PM
Im heading to Krakow in March on my own, anyone been there before?? Whats it like, I heard its great for a stag, and there are only 8 of us going so isnt too big a crowd to have trouble getting in places hopefully.

Krakow is a great spot alright but Sunday nights is a lot quieter there

don't forget to order the huge drinks they have there

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bigfrank

Headin to newcastle on fri with 26 other lads for a stag weekend...any advice anyone??? places to go..people to see etc  ;D PM if need be........

Mayo4Sam

Heading to lahinch for a joint one with a mate, havin a 5-a-side tournament on the beach on the sat & golf on the friday, lookign forward to it
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Geoff Tipps

QuoteHeadin to newcastle on fri with 26 other lads for a stag weekend...any advice anyone??? places to go..people to see etc   PM if need be........

Prefer the bars and clubs around the quays. They're a bit classier than those in the Bigg Market. Sure you'll have good craic wherever you go  :)

Shortso79

Quote from: bigfrank on February 02, 2010, 07:38:51 PM
Headin to newcastle on fri with 26 other lads for a stag weekend...any advice anyone??? places to go..people to see etc  ;D PM if need be........

Recommend Sam Jacks (Disco Pub with a twist)

Also the Toon Army play Cardiff on Friday night

el_cuervo_fc

Heading to Edinburgh at the end of April for my stag.  Has anyone any tips?

I'm torn at the minute over what to do during the first day.  Our flights leave at 7am and we'll not be able to check in to the hotel until 3pm.  This leaves a large gap which will need to be filled by some sort of activity.  The choice is to either arrange for something along the lines of paintballing, go kartin etc or just go to a pub and get loaded.

Any ideas? 

The next few days will take care of themselves