Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

'nobody cant stop us winning SAM in 2007'

I take it from the double-negative that you're lacking in confidence there bucket?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Barney

Tonights the night lads. JOM was on Newstalk last night and said he would be announcing his decision in the next day or two. He hasn't made up his mind though. Was talking to our club delegate though and there is a County Board meeting tonight and he tells me JOM will be appointed. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Now I have little doubt but that the man will be professional in the way he goes about the job and this is not a political appointment. He has a huge reputation as a football manager, but none as a politician. But I hope big questions have been addressed such as what if the election is on a Friday in May, Mayo are due to play Galway on the Sunday. Intensive campaigning and training needed! The county on the day before and day of the match. It just causes trouble!!

Mayo4Sam

Will it be TJ Kilgallon and tommy lyons as his selectors.
Would have liked to have seen kieran gallagher stay on, possibly kilgallon will get him involved
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ildanach

i have a feeling,the announcement will be made on wednesday.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Barney

Whats the big deal about Weds? The Western?

Would not be suprised if it was announced tonight with a big interview in the Western on Weds.

Tubberman

I reckon it will be today as well. A sports journalist from one of the local papers said it will be announced today.
Then you'll have JohnO exclusive in the Weshtern tomorrow  :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

the bucket

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 18, 2006, 11:55:15 PM
'nobody cant stop us winning SAM in 2007'

I take it from the double-negative that you're lacking in confidence there bucket?

Whats a double negative (2 people from the north  :D)

surely as a mayo man you should know a lack of confidence is part of your genetic make up   

An Gaeilgoir

I heard over the weekend that David Brady is going to be the third selector instead of T.J. Kilgannon!

Blue Boy

Mayo to unveil O'Mahony tonight - on Setanta.com

The Mayo county board are expected to unveil John O'Mahony as their new Senior football manager at a special press briefing tonight.

Western County officials have invited members of the media to the Welcome Inn Hotel in Castlebar to provide an update on the managerial position.

Ballaghadereen clubman O'Mahony signalled, at the beginning of last week, that he wouldn't be giving the board an answer until this week.

O'Mahony, who previously managed Galway, has been the board's number one target since it ended Mickey Moran and John Morrison's term last month.

TJ Kilgallon (former Sligo mentor) and Tommy Lyons (Ballina) are believed to be in contention to take up roles as selectors under O'Mahony.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tubberman

Brilliant!!  ;D
That removes any lingering doubts. Great news for all Mayo supporters. Let's hope it's not just a 1 year agreement, that's not much use really
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Barney

Alot of us have been critical about JOM over the past 18 months for his perceived campaigning against Maughan and failure to take the job. Enough of that. Great to have him on board and hopefully he can get the best out of the team, whether that is an AI or not I don't know.

Is the press briefing on MidWest? Time?

Pietas

I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage;
I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.
Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest;
It crieth out against me, therefore I have hated it.
Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her;
Come ye, assemble all the beats of the field, come to devour

Jerimiah, Chapter 12 Verses 7-9
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

An Gaeilgoir

It would be great to have this experienced team to have on the sideline...I cant wait for the FBD to start!!!! ;D

cicfada

Congrats Mayo ye have the man that'll bring Sam  to Mayo!!Isn't it highly ironic that he be announced just days after Michael Donnellan announced his retirement!!Connacht championship will be interesting now.I can't see  Galway really challenging Mayo for a few years yet, but it'll be interesting to see JO'M's team in action!I wonder how long he is committing to Mayo.The talent is there surely, otherwise he wouldn't have gone for it.The cynics would say he is doing it to get elected but that can't be true....can it??