American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah, unusual amount of stars being injured this time out.  Actually may have made some of the series more competitive though.

Jell 0 Biafra

Unfortunate injury to Trae Young (stepped on an umpire's foot and turned his ankle) meant the final two games of the series kind of fizzled out.  Atlanta will be a fun team to watch for the next few years if they can keep that team together.

gallsman

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 05, 2021, 03:02:48 AM
Unfortunate injury to Trae Young (stepped on an umpire's foot and turned his ankle) meant the final two games of the series kind of fizzled out.  Atlanta will be a fun team to watch for the next few years if they can keep that team together.

He was back for Game 6 and looked ok. Milwaukee can survive for a few games without Giannis, but Trae is Atlanta at the minute. Lots of potential in them though.

Can't see the Bucks stopping the Suns unless Giannis is a healthy.

Jell 0 Biafra

He was on the court for game 6, but he was far from OK.  He had no lift in his shots, and passed off when he had open jumpers, which is pretty unusual for him.  Hadn't the same influence at all.

AnGaelGearmanach

looks like the bucks gonna take it home then...

lurganblue

I know absolutely nothing about Basketball but i have been seeing quite a few comments about the Bucks on my twitter.  They've the same owners as Villa and thus people have drawn hopeful comparisons of how they kept their star player and progressed.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: lurganblue on July 20, 2021, 11:19:21 AM
I know absolutely nothing about Basketball but i have been seeing quite a few comments about the Bucks on my twitter.  They've the same owners as Villa and thus people have drawn hopeful comparisons of how they kept their star player and progressed.

their star player Giannis won 2 MVPs on the bounce after terrific seasons but never stepped up come crunch time. has been playing out of his skin dragging a just decent bucks side. their opponents the suns have done well also with Chris paul at the helm

gawa316

Quote from: lurganblue on July 20, 2021, 11:19:21 AM

Well Giannis won it for them tonight with a 50 point game. Thought the Suns had it when they went 2 up, but Giannis obviously wasn't fully fit and he showed his dominance in the last 4 averaged 37 points a game.

Grealish has a lot to live up to!

gallsman

50 point game to win it and just bullied the Suns inside and outside all night long. Delighted for him and the Bucks after some of the nonsense they've been on the receiving end of the last few years.

Gianni's might be the singularly most athletic human being I've ever seen. The combination of size, speed, strength, agility, balance, grace etc. He's an absolute specimen in every way.

lurganblue

Brady was unbelievable again last night wasnt he.  Man just doesnt get old.

Capt Pat

The refs beat the vikings tonight. They wouldn't overturn a bad decision of a fumble in overtime to hand the game to the Bengals. I am fuming.

screenexile

Decent game! 2 QBs at the height of their powers... what happened to the Packers??

lurganblue

There looks to be problems at the pack.  Rodgers hooked. Threw two interceptions but all in all, the options down the field looked limited, with Adams mostly well marshalled.  The Saints were able to get decent pressure on him too.

I thought Jameis did well too.  He was able to run and move up in the pocket when required and could throw the deep ball.  Something the Saints have been missing for a few years.

Capt Pat

Vikings miss a 37 yard last second field goal to win at Arizona.

The Saints and Jameis Winston came back down to earth with a bump losing 26-7 at the panthers. This is the real Jameis Winston I think.

lurganblue

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 20, 2021, 02:07:38 AM
Vikings miss a 37 yard last second field goal to win at Arizona.

The Saints and Jameis Winston came back down to earth with a bump losing 26-7 at the panthers. This is the real Jameis Winston I think.

Excuses flying round about the offensive staff all missing due to covid.  i would say you are more accurate with it being the real Jameis.