?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Lecale2

ExiledGael

I like Celtic but this is the most pathetic match you will ever see, just as well it's not on RTE. Training match for Milan. Ten players defending their own box. Looks like wee Gordon does know how to play for a draw.

dec

Why are the group D games being played tonight while the rest of the groups are next week ?

The Gs Man

Match being played cos AC Milan are in the Supercup on Sat I think.
Keep 'er lit

ExiledGael

Oops turns out he doesn't!

Milan are playing in that World Club Cup next week so the games were brought forward

ExiledGael

All over. Celtic got what they deserved, to get beat but go through

SeanSouth

Typical Celtic in the group stages, win their home matches and beaten away. Only when the opposition is tougher in knockouts it will probably be draw at home and tanked away.

slow corner back

Like it was tougher at anfield a few years back Sean!! At least celtic are through and can sit back and watch liverpol sweat next week.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: slow corner back on December 04, 2007, 09:43:10 PM
Like it was tougher at anfield a few years back Sean!! At least celtic are through and can sit back and watch liverpol sweat next week.

That was in the Uefa Cup
You'll Never Walk Alone.

slow corner back

dec

Interesting head to head results. They wouldn't have got past any of their three opponents based on these results (Benfica tie would have gone to extra time).

Celtic 1-0 Benfica
Benfica 1-0 Celtic
(extra time required)

Celtic 2-1 AC Milan
AC Milan 1-0 Celtic
(out on away goals)

Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0 Celtic
Celtic 2-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
(lose 3-2 on aggregate)

SeanSouth

It wasnt too heartbreaking SCB, i remember when Liverpool won the uefa cup in 2001 against Alaves, it was an exciting match, i was glad we won but didnt give too much cause for celebration as we needed to be in the Champions League. Contrast that with the super Celts in Seville in 2003, all the Celtic fans where i live drank for three days prior to the match and drowned their sorrows for three days after it.

deiseach

Celtic beating Liverpool at Anfield did hurt. If only we could swap Liverpool's recent European record for Celtic's . . . 

What? What did I say?

slow corner back

you would take that swap tonite deisach, celtic are in the last 16 while rafas reds are still sweating. In fact of six british teams in the champions league this year Celtic, Man U , Arsenal and Chelsea are through, Rangers need a home draw while liverpool need an away win. I think a swap with any of those 5 teams would be in order right now.

Main Street

Two Irish in a CL team, bit of a rarity.
McGeady was well wrapped up tonight, little or no effect.
O'Dea looks a good prospect not afraid to do a bit of shouting, I can't wait until he replaces O'Shea at centre half for Ireland.