?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on November 28, 2007, 02:40:46 PM
Quotewont go into eg's idiotic attempts at hi-jacking this thread

In fairness this is the celtic thread - it is to discuss all the aspects of celtic surely.
kept it talking about actual football or did eg go off on the usual tangent of inserting the 'bigotry card' yet again  ::)
if this is to be debated, then a new thread please

nifan

Lynchboy - check out the NI thread - all sorts of wierd and wonderful posts on there, and not all to do with football.

Main Street

NIfan this is a football only thread.

It looked so difficult for long in the 2nd half to get the breakthough. Shakhtar were closing down so high up the pitch
it looked like Celtic were passing backwards and sideways but always patient.
Fair play to McGeady he never let his head drop in this game, I was shouting for him to pass it back then he does a little drop of the shoulder turns his man and sends in the winning cross.

Shortso79

Galwaybhoy

I have been saying for awhile that probably after Given, McGeady is Irelands only other world class footballer.  Good finish and all is looking great for the hoops.  Celtic will be feared in the latter rounds of this European competition.

SeanSouth

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 28, 2007, 10:16:11 PM
I have been saying for awhile that probably after Given, McGeady is Irelands only other world class footballer.  Good finish and all is looking great for the hoops.  Celtic will be feared in the latter rounds of this European competition.

When you say "world class" do you mean the little make believe world inside your head?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 28, 2007, 10:17:28 PM

When you say "world class" do you mean the little make believe world inside your head?

No he would put the fear of god in any team in Europe.  If he were playing for a small club he would be gone by now.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on November 28, 2007, 05:41:06 PM
Lynchboy - check out the NI thread - all sorts of wierd and wonderful posts on there, and not all to do with football.
thats the problem in life - people think that things are ok if comparable to something else.
A lot of people on this island need to 'start thining outside the box' (To drive a lot o folks mad on this site, I'll use the phrase ) instead of using comparisons and pointing fingers. This is a football thread, not another vehicle for eg or anyone else to slyly try and inject some sectarian/bigoted connoctations.

Celtic did well to win that last night. The defense proved again they are not at the races. An average left back (with shot confidence), a ,makeshift Right back who hasnt the speed or skill to get forward and put in crosses, a centre back who is too one footed and drops clangers (trying to play footbal instead of row Z when in trouble). Pressley and O'Dea for me are the best centre halves the club has. Even these are not good enough for where Celtic should be. OK for the money Celtic seemingly dont have.

Midfield superb, but always on the back foot because of the lightweight back four.
Up front,well they saw so little of the ball its hard to tell on last nights perf.

Still Celtic are the old example of a team that never gives up, that will play above their talent on paper. A real credit to the players and the manager to be fair. I think the club and their fans really inspire this in the players.
A draw in Milan. Last 16 possibility.Jeez, looking at Celtic scraping CL qualification, you wouldnt have thought it. At least they will get into UEFA cup if they dont get a draw in milan.
More money to buy decent defenders.

nifan

Lynchboy, where is it stated this is a football only thread?
Why shouldnt this be comparable to other threads on this site? Surely thats how protocol works  -we apply the same across the board. Who decides that is ok for this to be a football only thread, yet the IFA one is for all topics related to the IFA?

what has thinking outside the box got to do with this? Will that make us understand "this thread is for football only but this one isnt"

his holiness nb

Did ye honestly expect to have a Celtic thread without the OWC boys jumping in and commenting about matters non football related?
Hardly a surprise  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

hhn, maybe you can explain why it should be different from other threads on the site?

And while it may not be "football related" it is most certainly celtic related, and this thread is "The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread"

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on November 29, 2007, 10:34:34 AM
hhn, maybe you can explain why it should be different from other threads on the site?

And while it may not be "football related" it is most certainly celtic related, and this thread is "The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread"

Where did I say it should be different from the other threads?
And where did I say it should be football related only?
I just pointed out that its hardly suprising that the OWC boys would want to discuss matters non football on a Celtic thread.

Ask me holy bollix

nifan

I aapologise, I read it as support for Lynchboy claiming it should be football only, and you did not state that

tintin25

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 28, 2007, 10:19:06 PM
Quote from: SeanSouth on November 28, 2007, 10:17:28 PM

No he would put the fear of god in any team in Europe.  If he were playing for a small club he would be gone by now.

World class me arse!

nifan

McGeady is in no way world class.
I must admit to being impressed with him the last couple of times ive seen him, but the few times before that he was completely ineffectual and very light weight.

Have they had amny big money offers for him?