?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: clarshack on August 19, 2007, 04:09:28 PM
another poor 1st half performance today against aberdeen. need to get this sorted asap. also how many times did naylor give the ball away? on a positive note miller looks to be a better threat than last year - his 2nd goal was a great finish.

Agreed poor performance first half but much better in the second. Miller had a great impact, but the bhoys at that stage had loads of chances, he looks like a great "impact" sub, still wouldn't play him from the start.
Was disappointed with McGeady, he seemed to be losing the ball too easily when tackled, also Van needs to start producing the goals again.
Do think that the Dons early goal took the wind out of the bhoys sails for a while added to the European night on Wed, I think they can be excused for the first half display.
Tbc....

Aristotle Flynn

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Aristotle Flynn

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

lynchbhoy

unless Celtic address their style of play that is rubbish wing play and poor wide midfielders they are fecked. They cant continue to try to always go up the middle.
Full backs rubbish and I wouldnt think much of caldwell (well I didnt even when I saw him playing for hibs).
I'd like to think for kenny millers sake that this is the start of him playing well, but I doubt it.
Donati the best man on the field of play by some considerable distance.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 20, 2007, 09:34:13 AM
unless Celtic address their style of play that is rubbish wing play and poor wide midfielders they are fecked. They cant continue to try to always go up the middle.
Full backs rubbish and I wouldnt think much of caldwell (well I didnt even when I saw him playing for hibs).
I'd like to think for kenny millers sake that this is the start of him playing well, but I doubt it.
Donati the best man on the field of play by some considerable distance.

I think that Scott Brown and Skippy McDonald have looked good since they came, agree we need the defense strengthened.
Tbc....

SouthArmaghBandit

lynchbhoy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Celtic v Spartak Moscow (1-1) 

Paul Hartley headed Celtic into the lead in Moscow

Champions League: Third round qualifier, second leg
Date: Wednesday, 29 August
Kick off: 1945 BST
Venue: Celtic Park, Glasgow
Watch: BBC ONE Scotland
Listen: BBC Radio Scotland 810MW
Updates: BBC Sport website and mobile

Celtic striker Kenny Miller will definitely miss the Champions League return leg against Spartak Moscow with a hamstring injury.

Gordon Strachan has no other injury concerns ahead of the game at Celtic Park - with goalkeeper Artur Boruc expected to replace Mark Brown.

Spartak striker Roman Pavlyuchenko was hit by a bug ahead of Saturday's 3-1 defeat by Rubin Kazan.

The Russian league leaders deny claims that most of their squad was affected.

Interview: Celtic manager Gordon Strachan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic (from): Boruc, Wilson, Caldwell, McManus, Naylor, Nakamura, Scott Brown, Donati, McGeady, Riordan, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Killen, McDonald, Zurawski, Mark Brown, Hartley, Sno, O'Dea, Kennedy.

If he plays Boruc then that should put to bed the rumours of his imminent departure to Arsenal - would be cup tied.

Hail hail
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Celtic hitting scoring form , but they are still a bit lacklustre on the wings, with full backs not up to it defensively imo. Centre half pairing not too hot and this frail defense could be the undoing of them tonight.
Still expect a 0-0 or Celtic 1-0 win.

T Fearon

Why the fcuk are RTE showing Arsenal and Sparta Prague tonight instead on Celtic???? >:(

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 29, 2007, 11:55:20 AM
Celtic hitting scoring form , but they are still a bit lacklustre on the wings, with full backs not up to it defensively imo. Centre half pairing not too hot and this frail defense could be the undoing of them tonight.
Still expect a 0-0 or Celtic 1-0 win.

My main worry is the lack of goals from our "proper" strikers, also the fact that we could get caught on the break because Donati and Brown's love of going forward. Boruc back in the sticks should stabilize the backs.
Still optimistic about our chances at fortress Parkhead.

Celtic 2 S.Moscow 0
Tbc....

naka

if anyone has sky its on bbc scotland, this is around the 941 mark

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on August 29, 2007, 12:14:50 PM
Why the fcuk are RTE showing Arsenal and Sparta Prague tonight instead on Celtic???? >:(
well the precedent is that english prem teams are shown before RTE cover Celtic games (same for tv3 too)

Is BBc scotland the only channel this is been shown on?

It was shown on setantas sports2 last time , and i was kind of hoping it was tonight also , so I could see it...