RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tubberman on May 17, 2023, 07:56:24 AM
Is the gaaboard the place for speculation on who gets custody of someone's children!?

Seems ok to speculate anything on here so fire away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

meatsy86

Have it on good authority JKC came calling for the 5Series back as well. It probably wont stop there.

redzone

Quote from: smelmoth on May 17, 2023, 08:15:24 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 17, 2023, 07:27:56 AM
Quote from: redzone on May 17, 2023, 06:35:30 AM
Quote from: skeog on May 17, 2023, 02:35:22 AM
RG has been working for Corduff for the past 2 years with Banty some eye watering amount for each session was been Bantyied about.
Add in Loughmacrory and Enniskillen Gaels

What was he doing with the Gaels outside of some free sessions with one of their underage teams?

Surely all the sessions he does are for free?😉
In with them at championship time training sessions

Abble

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 08:21:36 AM
He'll have to explain himself to mothers in Carrickmacross  and Loughmacrory as well.
Some stories  break out of sport and become generally known.
He won't be doing any coaching anywhere.

Like all bad news stories, this wont be getting talked about in a week and I would put a pound on that if not in the coming weeks then months, clubs around this country will be looking at new managers for 2024 and he will be getting approached or working for some club somewhere I'd say soon enough (whether that right or wrong is up for serious debate)

I think the worst thing, apart from his abuse of this woman is how it all seems to have just got brushed under the carpet until now. If it had been made public away back at the time, took his sentence/penance whatever, then he could have moved on somewhat slowly in terms of family, career etc but now it is all coming back to haunt him and his kids are that bit older and wiser so he has big problems there now too.  So at some point when he was beating this poor woman he decided that he would try to hide all this and continue working away nicely and successfully but now has been outed by the person he abused which is entirely the right thing.

So in no way condoning what he has done, but for the sake of them all they will need to move on, the GAA needs to improve a lot on how this could have happened as its likely county boards knew about it all along too, but any man deserves their second chance and he will be working again in county football I imagine down the line somewhere, but going back in quietly somewhere I think via a few clubs

quit yo jibbajabba

Disagree. I dont think he be near a County again as there would be an outcry. Time will tell

Milltown Row2

There must be a few GAA managers who are  wifes beaters out there sweating it out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Brick Tamlin

Can of worms.
This not going to go away quietly any time soon.

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 09:33:16 AM
There must be a few GAA managers who are  wifes beaters out there sweating it out!

Has to be!

Abble

I will add - that Derry are the ones sort of being made to look bad at the minute but I don't think thats right. At the time of these terrible events, Gallagher had a circle of men no doubt (footballing men), between whatever clubs and county he was with for that period. I have no doubt, as word does travel (and if that woman and her family were making any attempts to let ones know what was happening), that quite a few knew and its that clique and RG that need to pay some form of compensation to this poor woman for everything that she has been put through. they have all lied and tried to ignore it like it was nothing and once they knew they were proceeding as normal so as to do for their club and county as normal then they are all in same boat in my eye. they all should be taken to account and thats where the GAA need to explore further and be seen to act !!

LC

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 17, 2023, 09:29:54 AM
Disagree. I dont think he be near a County again as there would be an outcry. Time will tell

No county or club will touch him with a barge pole for a very long time, do not know what his day job is but I would imagine he could be on shaky ground there as well.

His only way back, and it is a very big if, would be if he did a Lance Armstrong / Oprah type interview and hold his hands up. 

trailer

Gallagher is finished in the GAA. I see his webpage for the firm he works with is gone as well.

Milltown Row2

That'll will certainly help the kids going forward... disaster

highorlow

QuoteAgain not commenting on the specifics of any case but unless prevented from doing so by court order any party can bring an application to the family court if there is a significant change in circumstances.  A party can not relitigate an issue that has already been litigated though (that should be done through appeals which have time limits) and one of the first questions is often if this was known at the time of previous applications why was it not raised.  I know nothing of the specifics of any case and therefore can not comment on what may or could happen.

So estoppel comes into play? Shurley it would depend on the type of case brought forward? It appears at the time that not enough evidence was available to bring a case forward?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:00:40 AM
Gallagher is finished in the GAA. I see his webpage for the firm he works with is gone as well.

What happens to a man like this now? He is done in football and I'm sure he will find it hard getting a job outside of football.

Saffrongael

Quote from: JimStynes on May 17, 2023, 10:05:05 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2023, 10:00:40 AM

What happens to a man like this now? He is done in football and I'm sure he will find it hard getting a job outside of football.

Did he have a regular job outside of football ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come