RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

will he not show up at some club team in a few years

skeog

RG has been working for Corduff for the past 2 years with Banty some eye watering amount for each session was been Bantyied about.

redzone

Quote from: thebuzz on May 16, 2023, 11:51:09 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on May 16, 2023, 09:54:10 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 09:38:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2023, 09:33:12 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 16, 2023, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2023, 07:46:17 AM
So anyone can email a county board with an allegation and they must stand down the manager?

Who has actually said that?

It's not so much as said that, but people have done it and it works. The case here in question I'm totally behind Mrs Gallagher my point is that anyone can send an email or go on to social media and make claims about someone.

Would you be happy if you had allegations (true or false) made public via social media that would have wider implications on your kids and job and that would have even more implications on caring for your children should you lose your job over it?

The courts are there for a reason, to settle these issues. Court by social media though seems to be the way of the world.

Nobody is saying the courts should not do their job but right back at the beginning of this the "suspended pending investigation" route was explained and what steps you would need to take before suspending the individual.

Derry had their own decision to make and steps to take. All of which have already been set out.

Put yourself in Derry CB's position if they did get that email from Nicola's dad.

Your response would be that due to the seriousness of the allegations that he should go to the police with them.

In the meantime you'd have a duty of care to all to face Rory with what you've been informed about and as we've seen from his release, he probably told them (or would have told them) that these claims have been "dealt with" during the custody case and he's been cleared and now has custody of the children.

What do Derry CB do next?

They really can't be ignoring an email of that type all the same, that's really bad if they did.

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 16, 2023, 11:40:15 PM
The Derry Co Board are annoying me more and more with their no statement bullshit.

Gallagher deserves the book to be thrown at him and I hope he does time for the awful abuse he has dished out to his poor wife over the years.

However maybe I'm being naive but I can't see why the major witch hunt against the Derry board in the wake of all this.

They may or may not have got an email but by not speaking out it's not like they were protecting him like the Catholic Church used to protect paedophiles who were free to abuse again and again.

I would think most of this abuse was in the past so I'd think it is unlikely that he would be offending again in the same way.

Before I get a written battering I'd like to say I totally abhor all violence.
He would still be there only croke park stepped in and gave them the ultimatum. It did happen well in the past and there in lyes the problem. A few Derry posters like yourself think the same, it's nothing to do with yous. Your mindset seems to be it happened well in the past so he's unlikely to do it again.

redzone

Quote from: skeog on May 17, 2023, 02:35:22 AM
RG has been working for Corduff for the past 2 years with Banty some eye watering amount for each session was been Bantyied about.
Add in Loughmacrory and Enniskillen Gaels

seafoid

RG's solicitor delivered a very poor and a very complacent statement on Thursday if his client resigned on the following Tuesday. Whoever was advising Mrs Gallagher goes forward to the round robins. The timing of the Facebook post was key.

seafoid

Quote from: SaffronSports on May 16, 2023, 10:07:11 PM
Biggest news here is whatever that was last week wasn't him resigning and he did think there was a way back.
He couldn't reply to the Sunday Independent interview given all the developments since his statement. Now he is losing money. It's like a like a Greek tragedy. Weird  for someone who is so experienced in defensive systems.

JoG2

Quote from: redzone on May 17, 2023, 06:35:30 AM

What was he doing with the Gaels outside of some free sessions with one of their underage teams?

Milltown Row2

So have they arrested and charged him this time? Surely with the amount of statements flying about they'll make it stick now, are the children still with him?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LC

One for you legal experts out there.  While it would seem there was a legal process previously resulting in RG getting full custody of the children surely is there not now grounds and / or is it possible for this to be reviewed / appealed in light of recent developments?

Tubberman

Is the gaaboard the place for speculation on who gets custody of someone's children!?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

smelmoth

Quote from: Tubberman on May 17, 2023, 07:56:24 AM
Is the gaaboard the place for speculation on who gets custody of someone's children!?
Absolutely not.

smelmoth

Quote from: Eire90 on May 17, 2023, 12:23:31 AM
will he not show up at some club team in a few years

Surely any club would know that in the present state of affairs (absence of a clear denial of wrongdoing) the appointment would, rightly, be unsustainable.

RG is not powerless here. He could start by stating his innocence.

smelmoth

Quote from: JoG2 on May 17, 2023, 07:27:56 AM
Quote from: redzone on May 17, 2023, 06:35:30 AM

What was he doing with the Gaels outside of some free sessions with one of their underage teams?

Surely all the sessions he does are for free?😉

David McKeown

Quote from: LC on May 17, 2023, 07:36:20 AM
One for you legal experts out there.  While it would seem there was a legal process previously resulting in RG getting full custody of the children surely is there not now grounds and / or is it possible for this to be reviewed / appealed in light of recent developments?

Again not commenting on the specifics of any case but unless prevented from doing so by court order any party can bring an application to the family court if there is a significant change in circumstances.  A party can not relitigate an issue that has already been litigated though (that should be done through appeals which have time limits) and one of the first questions is often if this was known at the time of previous applications why was it not raised.  I know nothing of the specifics of any case and therefore can not comment on what may or could happen.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

seafoid

He'll have to explain himself to mothers in Carrickmacross  and Loughmacrory as well.
Some stories  break out of sport and become generally known.
He won't be doing any coaching anywhere.