Podcasts

Started by Soup an Samajiz, November 06, 2015, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Saw someone talking about real dictators podcast on twitter and it hasn't disappointed

themac_23

Been listening to a podcast called crime in sports. 2 comedians take an athlete, some really well known some pretty obscure who have been involved in crime. They go through their career and crimes while ripping the piss outta everyone and everything in sight, over 200 episodes done, I started at the beginning and prob 3/4 the way through, some of the best ones are the unknowns. The wrestling ones all seem to be the craziest. Really can't recommend it high enough

maggie

Listened to the GAA social podcast with Kevin Hughes today and would highly recommend it. Very good listen.

Ghost

Quote from: maggie on May 25, 2023, 07:24:05 PM
Listened to the GAA social podcast with Kevin Hughes today and would highly recommend it. Very good listen.

Was a brilliant listen. He's had a tough life. Really enjoying all the GAA social ones. There was one a few weeks ago with Brendan Deveney which I thought was top class too.

Free State with Joe Brolly and Dion Fanning is good for passing an hour in the week too. Joes anecdotes are very funny even if the legitimacy of them can be doubted sometimes. The Pat Gilroy one was great.

imtommygunn

Gaa social a fantastic podcast. You wouldn't get a much better one than the Brian canavan episode. Must listen to the Kevin hughes one.

LC

Quote from: Ghost on May 25, 2023, 09:09:45 PM

Was a brilliant listen. He's had a tough life. Really enjoying all the GAA social ones. There was one a few weeks ago with Brendan Deveney which I thought was top class too.

Free State with Joe Brolly and Dion Fanning is good for passing an hour in the week too. Joes anecdotes are very funny even if the legitimacy of them can be doubted sometimes. The Pat Gilroy one was great.

+1

Walter Cronc

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2023, 09:12:30 PM
Gaa social a fantastic podcast. You wouldn't get a much better one than the Brian canavan episode. Must listen to the Kevin hughes one.

Am I the only one who thinks they are constantly a sad story  :o

statto

Quote from: Ghost on May 25, 2023, 09:09:45 PM

Anything talking about the underachieving donegal sides pre mcguinness is normally good entertainment.  Devenney said basically there was boys there who weren't going to play but were class craic on the beer so they held onto them lol

Saffrongael

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 26, 2023, 07:25:26 AM

No you aren't. That's the sort of stuff that "sells" though nowadays.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

lurganblue

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 26, 2023, 09:01:32 AM

I dont mind that if it's an interesting story.  It has been nice to see/hear a more personal side to some GAA stars.  I'm not sure the Francie one should have went ahead though. It sounds like it would be great to get an exclusive etc but i just felt for the lad having to endure something he clearly isnt comfortable with.

The Joe Brolly podcast has been off to a good start.  Joe has found a platform where he can ramble out all of his musings and wont really be cut off or challenged too much.

pbat

Is Brolly's Free?

lurganblue

Quote from: pbat on May 26, 2023, 09:44:40 AM
Is Brolly's Free?

There are plenty of podcast apps like PlayerFM were you will find it for free yeah.  I listen to it on Spotify. It's called Free State with Joe Brolly and Dion Fanning.

JimStynes

Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2023, 09:19:35 AM

I dont mind that if it's an interesting story.  It has been nice to see/hear a more personal side to some GAA stars.  I'm not sure the Francie one should have went ahead though. It sounds like it would be great to get an exclusive etc but i just felt for the lad having to endure something he clearly isnt comfortable with.

The Joe Brolly podcast has been off to a good start.  Joe has found a platform where he can ramble out all of his musings and wont really be cut off or challenged too much.

I liked Francie's. He spoke better than I thought he was going to.

marty34

True enough. In fairness, Laochra Gael has went that way recently also.

Snapchap

Noticed this some time back. It's been getting far too dependant on trying to get guests with emotional back stories.

Such stories can be interesting but it just feels almost relentless with the GAA Social. Actual football chat seems a secondary concern a lot of the time.