Previous topic - Next topic

Flanker

Quote from: ck on May 31, 2023, 01:55:58 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 31, 2023, 11:31:45 AM
Quote from: ck on May 31, 2023, 11:21:41 AM
Quote from: EOC1923 on May 31, 2023, 11:15:07 AM
Quote from: ck on May 31, 2023, 10:13:51 AM
Quote from: geezer on May 30, 2023, 11:23:39 PM
Doesnt matter how many Cargin have missing. Their depth of squad is unreal. Best squad in the county by a distance.

But is the quality there? Older players are all hanging on and well past it.
Surely if the quality was there they'd have more starting county players?

Just asking btw, I'm not overly familiar with the younger players.
What older player is still hanging on and is well past it lol

McCanns, Crozier, KOB?
The opinion of most would be that these boys best years are well behind them. You'll be closer to the action EOC so feel free to correct me.
Says more about the quality lacking of other teams players that these lads can still win championships well into their 30s.
We have a nice mix of old and young which will be even more evident at the business end with likes of Conhiur Johnston, Conan Johnston, Eunan Quinn and Tom Shivers making the breakthrough to be first choice players. All top quality talent

Fair enough EOC. Sounds like the quality is there but just hasnt come through yet? Would Cargin folk think they should have more starters on current Antrim team?
15 starters and first 5 subs.... scroll back a few pages... Half the current squad wouldn't get on good club team😁😁😁

InnocentByStander

Quote from: ck on May 31, 2023, 11:24:55 AM
Quote from: EOC13 on May 31, 2023, 10:37:12 AM
Doesnt matter how many Cargin have missing. Their depth of squad is unreal. Best squad in the county by a distance.

We know the quality we have, don't need any starting county players to be told how good we are.

Andy mcentee must see something
Three players up with him who haven't started a senior championship game yet for cargin

Does that suggest quality or does it say something about McEntees judgement and love for big men?
Anyway, my point still stands. Very few Cargin players starting on the first 15.

country bumpkin

Quote from: InnocentByStander on May 31, 2023, 04:06:30 PM

We know the quality we have, don't need any starting county players to be told how good we are.

Three players up with him who haven't started a senior championship game yet for cargin

Does that suggest quality or does it say something about McEntees judgement and love for big men?
Anyway, my point still stands. Very few Cargin players starting on the first 15.

Hearing county sent one of our own youngsters home last night out for a long time.........

country bumpkin

Is ck a WUM......doesnt know anything but is more than negative in his comments on Cargin......

imtommygunn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 31, 2023, 04:14:23 PM

Hearing county sent one of our own youngsters home last night out for a long time.........

Hmm, explain that? Lad was training, possibly ACL and you think the county did that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Good podcast with Philly McMahon.  In and around the Dublin squad 2008, dropped 2009.  So he made a point of asking to mark any Dublin player in club games so he could make his mark. Got back in 2010 and the rest is history. Goes to show it can work out in the long run for young players frustrated at not going straight into a county team.

Saffsof82

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 31, 2023, 04:14:23 PM

Who was that ?

bannside

Did the "county" do something wrong? Let's blame the county for a player getting injured at training. Sincere condolences to Benen if the injury is as bad as originally thought, please God he can get back up on the horse as soon as possible.

But trying to pin the blame on the "county" - that's just cheap sensationalist nonsense most people here can see past.

country bumpkin

WTF are you on........'guardian of the county' now.....wasn't always so.
Benen is a young man just learning his trade.....the blame is not apportioned to anyone but a serious injury not in the care of his club a butter pill to swallow...

Your concern....??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 01, 2023, 05:59:33 AM
WTF are you on........'guardian of the county' now.....wasn't always so.
Benen is a young man just learning his trade.....the blame is not apportioned to anyone but a serious injury not in the care of his club a butter pill to swallow...

Your concern....??

So getting injured at club an easier pill to swallow, getting injured at county training is a 'butter' pill to swallow? Gotcha...

The bitterness is dripping off you. Seems to me that you are using a young lad's injury to have a go at the county set up.

It's not your concern, you won't be picking up the pieces or putting the effort in rehab
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Ryan Convery also waiting on swelling going down before an X ray which he/we are fearful of. Ryan's our joint captain and played at 6 for UUJ seniors this year in the Sigerson. Would be a huge loss to PG1 if the news is as feared. Happened in last 2 mins against Cargin on Tuesday night.

JimStynes

CB is winding all you boys up and you're biting everytime.

ck

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 31, 2023, 04:25:09 PM
Is ck a WUM......doesnt know anything but is more than negative in his comments on Cargin......

No WUM and no negative comments. Genuine questions. Negative comments are your department.

Caesar

Can someone please enlighten me as to what a 'WUM' is? Possibly showing my age here