Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: ck on May 20, 2023, 09:26:26 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 20, 2023, 07:10:51 PM
Smashing win.  Will the McEntee critics on here acknowledge progress is being made?

Perspective is important. I don't think anyone can argue against there being progress here however wins over basement teams like Leitrim and Wexford are not what we should be measuring against. Bigger and more accurate tests ahead. Fermanagh is the first of these. Keep it going Andy and team!
Wexford drew with Fermanagh.

imtommygunn

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 20, 2023, 10:11:49 PM
Quote from: ck on May 20, 2023, 09:26:26 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 20, 2023, 07:10:51 PM
Smashing win.  Will the McEntee critics on here acknowledge progress is being made?

Perspective is important. I don't think anyone can argue against there being progress here however wins over basement teams like Leitrim and Wexford are not what we should be measuring against. Bigger and more accurate tests ahead. Fermanagh is the first of these. Keep it going Andy and team!

Agree totally in pursuit of the secondary competition should not be the aim of Antrim as our neighbours across the river bank Ulster titles and look to the National stage.

Some on this board seeking to kick away at previous management.
Can I remind those who need reminding those lads have trodden routes we can only dream about..
Provincial and National.winners to include on of our own who is one of the best footballers this county has ever produced......take a bow Sean Kelly take no heed of those who will never walk in your footprints....

Sam maguire or nothing eh?

Wexford is a good win but one you would hope we would win too. Fermanagh will be interesting.

There have been significant digs at current manager and previous manager. Neither tbh are necessary. They are outsiders who wouldn't know any players so it's not like anything is personal in either case.

EOC1923

Great win away to Wexford no ifs or buts about it. Wouldn't be fearing Fermanagh either.
In other news locally we have a referee who can't admit mistakes when keeping the score and despite everyone else in the ground thinking one thing he went with his own score. Draw when clearly was a Cargin win you couldn't make it up.

geezer

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 21, 2023, 08:54:11 AM
Great win away to Wexford no ifs or buts about it. Wouldn't be fearing Fermanagh either.
In other news locally we have a referee who can't admit mistakes when keeping the score and despite everyone else in the ground thinking one thing he went with his own score. Draw when clearly was a Cargin win you couldn't make it up.

Sure it's only the league EOC, Cargin dont care about that...

Gold

Great comeback and win. McCann is some man for a goal. Class

Disappointed Shivers walked away. Hopefully he can work on pace and strength and fitness and come back better conditioned for it next year because his talent is obvious but he's still young
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

EOC1923

Quote from: geezer on May 21, 2023, 09:15:30 AM

Sure it's only the league EOC, Cargin dont care about that...
Aye totally right just let it pass.

EOC1923

Quote from: Gold on May 21, 2023, 09:24:06 AM

Disappointed Shivers walked away. Hopefully he can work on pace and strength and fitness and come back better conditioned for it next year because his talent is obvious but he's still young
With that analysis it doesn't sound like your that disappointed 😂

bannside

Good to see our Oisin Doherty get 10 mins yesterday. Plenty of pace and great eye for a score in club football. Won't be out of place at county level.

Yes CB, the previous management were all superb footballers, no doubt about that.

JimStynes

Didn't know he left the panel. Very good footballer but maybe doesn't have the pace for inter county atm. Still only young and I'd say he will be back on a county panel in the future if he wants it.

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on May 21, 2023, 09:56:02 AM

Didn't know he left the panel. Very good footballer but maybe doesn't have the pace for inter county atm. Still only young and I'd say he will be back on a county panel in the future if he wants it.

For a 'novice' who has a lot to learn Pat has a pocketful of championship medals......Is he the only one who has left the County panel...?

Milltown Row2

They normally have the score board up? Was it showing the score?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimman667

Some win for the lads yday, hopefully now go on to take 3 from 3. Am I right in saying that the league's finish this week and then they split? I see there are a few teams to play matches in hand, how would that work?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2023, 10:48:47 AM

They normally have the score board up? Was it showing the score?

No scoreboard and a ref who took no heed of those who told him the score.....including his umpire.....

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: antrimman667 on May 21, 2023, 11:05:04 AM
Some win for the lads yday, hopefully now go on to take 3 from 3. Am I right in saying that the league's finish this week and then they split? I see there are a few teams to play matches in hand, how would that work?

2 more rounds AFTER today before the split
Next Sunday and Wed 7th june

When they finish, the only outstanding game will be the ahoghill Creggan game, for which i don't know if that result has been declared yet 
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

antrimman667

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 21, 2023, 11:25:07 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on May 21, 2023, 11:05:04 AM

2 more rounds AFTER today before the split
Next Sunday and Wed 7th june

When they finish, the only outstanding game will be the ahoghill Creggan game, for which i don't know if that result has been declared yet

For division 2 this couldn't be the case either then ? As most teams will have their fixtures played but there are a few teams who have games in hand?