Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Thanks Brendan.

I expect this exercise will harvest something positive SW, a lot of good content covered and genuine appetite to deliver something tangible. It's only a starting point, but everyone agreed on the need for clubs to take more responsibility for juveniles and also a clear view that we need schools to step up, especially in years 8 and 9. Can we as a county be doing more to assist them?

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2023, 11:18:45 AM
Quote from: barnish oggie on May 19, 2023, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2023, 10:46:00 AM
Quote from: barnish oggie on May 19, 2023, 10:39:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2023, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: barnish oggie on May 19, 2023, 10:00:14 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 18, 2023, 09:37:12 PM
Many's a trip to the country and spectators di nt need drinks to abuse us city lads . Moneyglass and rasharkin spectators always have belfast boys plent of stick.  Glass houses

Not having a dig at Belfast clubs in general, I know there are country teams that aren't all that welcoming without naming any!.

My point was that at that one particular club, they left the social club open during a match, in which a number of grown men, while drinking, felt it appropriate to come out and abuse 14 and 15 year old boys.

Hopefully they get dealt with at some point as it is completely unacceptable.

A country club lost homes games the other year and another lost home games this year but I get your point  ;)

So you are saying only country clubs get punished and the Belfast clubs get away scot free  ;) ;D

Just adding some balance to the thread

Any sorta pinting will result in the extra crap thrown about at games, there is nothing anyone can do if someone comes to the spectator's end and be pissed, but what we can't allow is for randomer's coming from a function (which I believe happened at the Cargin game) and throw that crap around without it being punished or managed better at the time.

I wrote a report before for the same venue 2 years ago, in which there was a verbal attack, which things can easily escalate. It's not a good look.

Well done on the money raised in the charity spin btw

Colm behind a lot of that and for a great cause.. Was going to bring some padded shorts and thought, nah, wish I had have the day after! This from someone that did spin 6 days a week! You fairly noticed the difference when not doing it 2 years!

I know the feeling after spin....walking like John Wayne the next day!!

bannside

Go Antrim, let's see this out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 20, 2023, 06:39:35 PM
Go Antrim, let's see this out.

Win one more game and straight to Quarter finals?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Domnall Mc Enhill Michael Byrne and Ruairi McCann on fire. One foot in the quarters.

Sportacus

Smashing win.  Will the McEntee critics on here acknowledge progress is being made?

BrendanAntrim

Brilliant win away from home. Still putting up big scores, scoring goals, great to see it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on May 20, 2023, 07:10:51 PM
Smashing win.  Will the McEntee critics on here acknowledge progress is being made?

Sure some buck eejit was looking the Wicklow manager to take over ;D he's doing well I see lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

Winner takes the quarter-final place next time out; Antrim guaranteed at worst 2nd place regardless of result, Fermanagh could finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd

JimStynes

And remind them that the previous manager thought Ruairi McCann was too old and not good enough 🤷🏽‍♂️

paddyjohn

Be no content for the podcast this weekend.

Fair play to all involved.

bannside

Think we won that second half by 9 points, can't ask for more than that. Yea JS, previous management found a way not to get the best out of the three aforementioned when a blind man watching Antrim club football could tell they were good enough.

Enjoy your night in Maynooth Saffs.

imtommygunn

Quote from: JimStynes on May 20, 2023, 08:58:21 PM

And remind them that the previous manager thought Ruairi McCann was too old and not good enough 🤷🏽‍♂️

He's a good one. You can see why aghagallon usually in latter stages of championship it's him and Loughran.

Fermanagh game will be interesting. They gave Leitrim a decent beating too.

ck

Perspective is important. I don't think anyone can argue against there being progress here however wins over basement teams like Leitrim and Wexford are not what we should be measuring against. Bigger and more accurate tests ahead. Fermanagh is the first of these. Keep it going Andy and team!

country bumpkin

Quote from: ck on May 20, 2023, 09:26:26 PM

Perspective is important. I don't think anyone can argue against there being progress here however wins over basement teams like Leitrim and Wexford are not what we should be measuring against. Bigger and more accurate tests ahead. Fermanagh is the first of these. Keep it going Andy and team!

Agree totally in pursuit of the secondary competition should not be the aim of Antrim as our neighbours across the river bank Ulster titles and look to the National stage.

Some on this board seeking to kick away at previous management.
Can I remind those who need reminding those lads have trodden routes we can only dream about..
Provincial and National.winners to include on of our own who is one of the best footballers this county has ever produced......take a bow Sean Kelly take no heed of those who will never walk in your footprints....