American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Bruce Arians to the Bucs, Todd Bowles as DC , they could be an interesting team next year, lot of offensive talent...

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 09, 2019, 02:29:41 AM
Bruce Arians to the Bucs, Todd Bowles as DC , they could be an interesting team next year, lot of offensive talent...

And Kliff Kingsbury to the Cardinals. Fecking hell. I know he was instrumental in both Patrick Mahomes' and Baker Mayfield's development, but his record at Texas Tech wouldn't inspire confidence as a head coach. More than any other hire, he's going to need an excellent OC and especially DC.

Walter Cronc

Anyone watching the new season of QB1 on Netflix?

First season was very good. I can't get over the number of coaches these high schools have. I think one team had 22 coaches.

Who pays those wages - sponsors, rich parents etc??

oakleaflad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 09, 2019, 10:22:02 AM
Anyone watching the new season of QB1 on Netflix?

First season was very good. I can't get over the number of coaches these high schools have. I think one team had 22 coaches.

Who pays those wages - sponsors, rich parents etc??
I've watched the first couple episodes and funny enough I had the same thought. Serious number of coaches.
It's interesting the possible links/QB competition between season 1 + 2 with Georgia, Ohio State + Wake Forest.

AZOffaly

I'm not familiar with this QB1. What's the premise?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2019, 11:28:54 AM

Its a series on netflix AZ. Follows star quarterbacks from a number of high schools across the states.

They all appear to have offers on the table from big colleges.

oakleaflad

Follows 3 of the top High School QB's in the country throughout their senior year.
Season 1 had Jake Fromm (Georgia), Tate Martell (Ohio State) and Tayvon Bowers (Wake Forest).
Season 2 has Justin Fields (Georgia/Ohio State), Sam Hartman (Wake Forest) and Re-al Mitchell (Iowa State).

Fromm won the Georgia starting job over Fields this year who is now transferring to Ohio State where he will compete with Martell for the starting role. Hartman won it over Bowers at Wake Forest.

magpie seanie

What about Matt LeFleur to the Packers as head coach? As Titans OC this season gone he don't set the world alight albeit with a poor receiving corps.

AZOffaly

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 09, 2019, 12:01:28 PM

Follows 3 of the top High School QB's in the country throughout their senior year.
Season 1 had Jake Fromm (Georgia), Tate Martell (Ohio State) and Tayvon Bowers (Wake Forest).
Season 2 has Justin Fields (Georgia/Ohio State), Sam Hartman (Wake Forest) and Re-al Mitchell (Iowa State).

Fromm won the Georgia starting job over Fields this year who is now transferring to Ohio State where he will compete with Martell for the starting role. Hartman won it over Bowers at Wake Forest.

Cheers, yeah I'm familiar with Jake Fromm. So it's a documentary that follows them through their High School senior year, into the All American games etc?

cadhlancian

Colts in an early jam against the Chiefs, can't stop them 😬

screenexile

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 12, 2019, 10:08:19 PM
Colts in an early jam against the Chiefs, can't stop them 😬

Chiefs look way too good for them on both sides!!

JPGJOHNNYG

Luck is such a quality QB but tonight he has been f@cking awfull along with just about all the other colts. The fool that was gyrating in front of the official needs to be thrown off the team. Sometimes the rugby lads give away brain dead penalties but these guys bring it to a new level.

omochain

Colts defense keeping them in the game. Not looking good for them on Offense but game ain't quite over yet.

Christmas Lights

Colts need a TD within the next minute imo to have any hope here

Christmas Lights

Colts QB is pureee shiteeee