The Sale of Goods Act 1979/1994 - Advice needed

Started by amallon, January 04, 2012, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

On the 8th December 2009 I purchased 4 x CCTV cameras.

I late May of 2010 the picture on the camera started to go fuzzy and the supplier agreed to take them back for repair.  Now the same problem has started to happen again recently.  I have contacted the supplier who have agreed to repair the cameras.  Its a major hassle taking them down and I don't really want the same cameras back again only to have to the same problem happen in another 6 months.  I am prepared to pay something towards a better quality product which the supplier aren't prepared to allow me to do.  Do any of the legal eagles onboard know my entitlements? 

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Onion Bag

Is there no warranty on the cameras? these things normally have at least 3 years on them,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hashtag

Note to self: rob amallon- his fuzzy camaras are useless.

tyrone girl

Are they prepared to issue you a credit note for the value of the cameras (presume they arent )or are they insisting on repairing them themselves?
They are most defnitely not fit for their purpose if these are the second set you have had problems with. How much warranty was provided?

amallon

I'm sure the warrany would have been only a year.  They are offering to repair the cameras again but aren't will to put anything towards the cost of a better quality product.  What should my next step be?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.