Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

befair

Was at the CPN/Rostrevor game; a draw at half-time, then Rostrevor for some reason substituted half their defenders, and CPN dominated from then on.
Have to mention the CPN goalie, who operated very effectively as a sweeper in front of the Rostrevor full-forward line, preventing any long balls coming in. His kick-outs were also excellent; the county should definitely be looking at him

terrifictommy

Took a wee hiatus from the board there but some things don't change.

No real discussions on the football so far this year? Any team think standing out in any division?

5times5times

See Wee James in the irish news today giving off about other counties breading training rules....

Do the rules not apply to him? When 1 of his teams was photographed in Kilbroney weeks ago???

downjim

with covid 19 rife in areas around Newcastle does anyone know if county board has a contingency plan if an area goes into lockdown. A few people on social media crying out for newcastle/castlewellan areas to go into lockdown. If that happens you could be talking 6 clubs!

maldini

Quote from: 5times5times on August 05, 2020, 02:59:25 PM
See Wee James in the irish news today giving off about other counties breading training rules....

Do the rules not apply to him? When 1 of his teams was photographed in Kilbroney weeks ago???

Quotes must have been from the Tomas O'Se podcast
He said he knows Down definitely weren't breaking any rules on it

5times5times

He must only have been talking about senior squads then  ;)

terrifictommy

Let the government figure out the policy lads, they've got more expertise than listening to Cynthia down the road.

Any predictions for Championship this year: I'll go
Warrenpoint
Leitrim
Drumaness

johnnycool

what clubs in Down are currently in lockdown due to Corona Virus outbreaks?

DuffGael

Clubs don't close down due to Covid.  The PHA make the call on what is deemed a close and a casual contact. Individuals are isolated rather than whole clubs.

johnnycool

Quote from: DuffGael on August 10, 2020, 09:37:20 AM
Clubs don't close down due to Covid.  The PHA make the call on what is deemed a close and a casual contact. Individuals are isolated rather than whole clubs.

Castlewellan definitely did recently.....

https://www.facebook.com/castlewellan.gac/photos/a.969882639751693/4256948834378374/

downjim

St John's have stopped their children from playing gaelic games due to the pandemic, the only club in the county to make this decision! It remains to be seen if they have made the right decision but I am sure there are a lot of unhappy parents in that area who are seeing their neighbouring parishes play gaelic games.

DuffGael

Quote from: johnnycool on August 10, 2020, 09:41:06 AM
Quote from: DuffGael on August 10, 2020, 09:37:20 AM

The club made that decision but the club was not forced to close Down.

Castlewellan definitely did recently.....

https://www.facebook.com/castlewellan.gac/photos/a.969882639751693/4256948834378374/

Smurfy123

Hard football to watch. Kilcoo win without playing much football. Deserving winners but by hell they don't play a nice brand of football. They won't care. Ulster Champions

terrifictommy

Not many surprises last night.

ardtole

I watched the game on tg4 last night, thought it was a good enough game. I was impressed with Shane Annett no 5 for the Bridge I think he was. Is he on the county panel?

Good to see Darragh O Hanlon make an appearance too along with Celium Doherty.