Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

If they do continue with this morning's proposal and London, Scotland and Wales get no deal, it'll be amusing seeing May etc justifying this without giving the biggest and most obvious reason: it's a different country!

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on December 04, 2017, 05:38:59 PM
Once again British play the Orange Card.I don't think a specific referendum in the North would return a remain vote now.Unionist voters would be mobilised and energised to vote en masse to Leave.
A vote now would include costs. 90% remain
Brexit is  a scam
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Whether it is no border or a hard border the DUP loses. Brexit will hit its voters where it hurts.  The people behind Brexit are cruel bastards who work for ultra rich individuals who do not care about ordinary loyal protestant schmucks.

Brexit is George Carlin territory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtgfzzwoyK4

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

DUP pull the plug on a deal that would help its own citizens move more freely, trade more efficiently etc. Complete crackpots.

Rossfan

There's the role of the ECJ in guaranteeing citizens' rights still not resolved.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

I gave up trying to make sense of Brexit ages ago.

I have never been convinced by any argument of the Leavers. Even less convinced the more I hear of those chinless hoors like Gove, Johnson, Redwood, Rees-Mog etc.

I am no FG-ler but I think Varadker and Coveney are playing serious senior hurling here and hats off to them.

Enda would have rolled over ages ago.

We're saving the UK from themselves.  :P

One only wonders had Mick Collins faced the likes of May not only would we have a United Ireland but we may have got Scotland and Rockall as well!!  ::)

bennydorano

It'll be interesting to see why the DUP pulled the pin. I'd imagine it's not an issue that's going to be smoothed over with another bribe. Could end with a minority Tory government going solo for a while -leading to an election in the near future as the Tories will only accept the tail wagging the dog for a very short period of time.

bennydorano

Check out @DUPleader's Tweet: https://twitter.com/DUPleader/status/937692999697485825?s=09

"The ROI Government claim to be guarantors of the Belfast Agreement yet they clearly seeking to change it unilaterally without our input or consent'.

Guessing the UK government had some input Arlene.

Rossfan

Are DUPUDA upset that they were sidelined or afraid they mightn't be uber Brits any more?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Therealdonald

Quote from: bennydorano on December 04, 2017, 06:16:06 PM
It'll be interesting to see why the DUP pulled the pin. I'd imagine it's not an issue that's going to be smoothed over with another bribe. Could end with a minority Tory government going solo for a while -leading to an election in the near future as the Tories will only accept the tail wagging the dog for a very short period of time.

The DUP had to pull the pin, accepting the North as seperate to the rest of the UK is only the first step in their eyes. I just can't for the life of me understand why May sunk the knee to them. Either way she has committed political suicide, as the Tories are now being dictated to by 10 MP's with very public views on alot of outside the box things. It's great to watch, and if our dear supreme leader Michelle has any sense, she will give no press briefings and let the noose tighten around Arlene. It's great.

Ronnie

I think a minority government would survive longer than the mainstream media would have us believe.  IMO the middle ground Labour MPs that rarely get the headlines but accept brexit don't have the appetite for another election, don't want to risk further damage to UK business and actually put their voters first.  If the DUP don't accept "regulatory alignment" then they'll not accept any single markets differences.  I think think if they consulted their voters they'd find that these freedoms are very important, particularly in relation to trade.  I reckon the PM's ready to cut them loose.

yellowcard

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 04, 2017, 06:32:00 PM

The DUP had to pull the pin, accepting the North as seperate to the rest of the UK is only the first step in their eyes. I just can't for the life of me understand why May sunk the knee to them. Either way she has committed political suicide, as the Tories are now being dictated to by 10 MP's with very public views on alot of outside the box things. It's great to watch, and if our dear supreme leader Michelle has any sense, she will give no press briefings and let the noose tighten around Arlene. It's great.

Exactly, the best course of action from SF is to stay in the background and watch the DUP self destruct further as the whole thing unravels. I don't understand either why May was dictated to by the DUP because the alternative (government collapse or no DUP influence) would be far worse for them and I don't think they will actually carry through with the threat to withdraw support in any case.

Itchy

It's a pause more than a stop. This is the DUP creating the illusion they have some control. In a few days the same deal will be agreed with some such shite added as "northern Ireland is part ok UK blah blah blah..." The DUP are out of road thanks to their own ignorance and stupidity.

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 04, 2017, 06:12:09 PM
One only wonders had Mick Collins faced the likes of May not only would we have a United Ireland but we may have got Scotland and Rockall as well!!  ::)

I think we should ask for the Isle of Man this time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Therealdonald

May is fooked. There's one man that needs serious respect out of all this...Boris Johnson...took about leading the army up the mountain then deserting them. Good enough for the brits, and good enough for all the DUP turkeys who voted for Christmas. I just hope now Varadkar has the cajones to hold on and not give an inch because Arlene the man is essentially calling him a non-entity in the the whole process...the only woman who can call you out like that is your mother.