Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 03, 2020, 08:27:44 PM
I am in the same boat
Deposit paid 7/800 quick
Have final payment to pay double that
I'm going in the middle of July
Now here is the thing
I'm hoping it's cancelled as I don't really want to go now and I would say a lot of people are thinking that.
But what if the company's sense this and don't cancel I'm left that I go eve though I don't want too?
Any thoughts?

Hard to see July hols going ahead . Large groups from all over Europe flying and spending time congregated in a small area then all going home during a pandemic while there is no vaccine..Ryanair just sacked 5000 people becauae O' Leary doesnt see much business this year. Millions of people have paid deposits  Compensation  is a political issue.  Holiday companies will also have to be bailed out.

Good luck
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

nrico2006

Booked my hotel for Ibiza in June with Travel Republic, flights with Easyjet.  Am I better to go through the attempted refund process with them or should I just claim on travel insurance?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 04, 2020, 09:22:49 PM
Booked my hotel for Ibiza in June with Travel Republic, flights with Easyjet.  Am I better to go through the attempted refund process with them or should I just claim on travel insurance?

Travel insurance would expect you to go through companies direct first to get a refund... also you'd lose the excess.

Sportacus

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2020, 06:04:00 AM
I am in the same boat
Deposit paid 7/800 quick
Now here is the thing
I'm hoping it's cancelled as I don't really want to go now and I would say a lot of people are thinking that.
But what if the company's sense this and don't cancel I'm left that I go eve though I don't want too?
Any thoughts?

Hard to see July hols going ahead . Large groups from all over Europe flying and spending time congregated in a small area then all going home during a pandemic while there is no vaccine..Ryanair just sacked 5000 people becauae O' Leary doesnt see much business this year. Millions of people have paid deposits  Compensation  is a political issue.  Holiday companies will also have to be bailed out.

Good luck
That makes a lot of sense, but then again when you see a picture today of a packed flight from Belfast to Dublin it makes you think the airlines won't care and if the Spanish need to get tourism up and running to save their economy, then would you be that surprised if July holidays do go ahead. 

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Sportacus on May 04, 2020, 11:08:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2020, 06:04:00 AM
I am in the same boat
Deposit paid 7/800 quick
Now here is the thing
Any thoughts?

Good luck
That makes a lot of sense, but then again when you see a picture today of a packed flight from Belfast to Dublin it makes you think the airlines won't care and if the Spanish need to get tourism up and running to save their economy, then would you be that surprised if July holidays do go ahead.
Most European airlines will be insisting on face masks on board and in airports
Don't understand why IAG are not doing the same

Milltown Row2

Slightly off topic but why are there 120 flying on one fight from London to Belfast? All essential travel?

The irony of ones coming on saying the airport not following social distancing measures while he himself boards a plane? But the brass neck to complain about it but not actually follow your own social distancing!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 05, 2020, 11:03:28 AM
Slightly off topic but why are there 120 flying on one fight from London to Belfast? All essential travel?

The irony of ones coming on saying the airport not following social distancing measures while he himself boards a plane? But the brass neck to complain about it but not actually follow your own social distancing!

A lot of building sites in London opened up yesterday so I think it was mostly subbies!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on May 05, 2020, 11:14:13 AM

A lot of building sites in London opened up yesterday so I think it was mostly subbies!

Essential then ?

Brother is in the building game, not working due to sites being closed. If you are that worried about social distancing why would you put yourself on a plane? Do they think it's going to be just them on their own? So builders going to work in London, the worst place to be, probably all staying in same digs not socially distancing, but hey, get on the Nolan show and complain!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: screenexile on May 05, 2020, 11:14:13 AM

Was the flight not into Belfast?

dublin7

It was Belfast to London. If people are that upset why not say something before taking off. If you were that concerned for your health then take a later flight

maddog

Is the social distancing on the plane not a waste of time with the air being recycled through the aircon anyway ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on May 05, 2020, 02:00:30 PM
It was Belfast to London. If people are that upset why not say something before taking off. If you were that concerned for your health then take a later flight

Attention seekers, chasing likes on FB, it's like going live during a house fire that you are standing in the middle of!

armaghniac

Quote from: maddog on May 05, 2020, 03:11:36 PM
Is the social distancing on the plane not a waste of time with the air being recycled through the aircon anyway ?

aircraft filters stop viruses, you will probably get it directly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2020, 03:36:43 PM

Who told you that one?

armaghniac

Quote from: Sportacus on May 05, 2020, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2020, 03:36:43 PM

Who told you that one?

Feckin' scientists
https://www.who.int/ith/mode_of_travel/tcd_aircraft/en/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B