Derry semis and finals. Nanny state gone mad?

Started by ha ha derry, September 08, 2009, 01:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ha ha derry

the seated area at celtic park for subs and officials seats about 30. they are not on the sideline during the game, so what harm does it do to tog out 30 players nag1.

NAG1

That should be a matter for the stewards at the game then, if they are being abusive and are out of order they should be asked to leave as per any normal part of soceity.

whiskeysteve

Setting out rules and regulations is all well and good, but the real question is what the county board can do to ensure the consistent enforcement of them.

Recent history has shown that a dogged appeals process can overturn nearly anything substantial.

The fact is most clubs will also vigorously dispute any major ruling these days as those in administration have continually displayed an inability to implement their authority on a solid basis - the ballinderry/slaughtneil sagas of the past 2 years being a case in point.

Draconian measures that can't be reinforced ultimately serve no purpose other than stirring up bad blood and undermining authority.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

seamusthebard

Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 08, 2009, 04:27:15 PM
Setting out rules and regulations is all well and good, but the real question is what the county board can do to ensure the consistent enforcement of them.

Recent history has shown that a dogged appeals process can overturn nearly anything substantial.

The fact is most clubs will also vigorously dispute any major ruling these days as those in administration have continually displayed an inability to implement their authority on a solid basis - the ballinderry/slaughtneil sagas of the past 2 years being a case in point.

Draconian measures that can't be reinforced ultimately serve no purpose other than stirring up bad blood and undermining authority.

Could you list me all the Ballinderry Sagas over the past two years Whiskeysteve? Or have you been caught up by the propaganda as well?

whiskeysteve

well shambo, being from portstewart means im that out of touch with the goings on in ballinderry etc, i may as well be following propaganda  ;D

but did the county board not throw ballinderry out of the championship only for them to be reinstated after a lengthy, championship postponing appeal this year?

after all the hullabaloo on here round that time i would have thought i could have been forgiven for describing it as a 'saga'  ;D
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

seamusthebard

Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 08, 2009, 04:44:37 PM
well shambo, being from portstewart means im that out of touch with the goings on in ballinderry etc, i may as well be following propaganda  ;D

but did the county board not throw ballinderry out of the championship only for them to be reinstated after a lengthy, championship postponing appeal this year?

after all the hullabaloo on here round that time i would have thought i could have been forgiven for describing it as a 'saga'  ;D

That's true WhiskeySteve! ONE incident involving ONE player which if all other incidents involving all other clubs had been handled in the same manner there would have been no football played in Derry this year. As a member of the CCC was heard to say... when you have solicitors from Steelstown and Coleraine putting Ballinderry out of football, no wonder the county is in the state it is in !!!!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: seamusthebard on September 08, 2009, 05:24:33 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on September 08, 2009, 04:44:37 PM

That's true WhiskeySteve! ONE incident involving ONE player which if all other incidents involving all other clubs had been handled in the same manner there would have been no football played in Derry this year. As a member of the CCC was heard to say... when you have solicitors from Steelstown and Coleraine putting Ballinderry out of football, no wonder the county is in the state it is in !!!!

hmmm  ;D

which coleraine solicitor was it that put ballinderry out of football? Lionel Hutz perhaps?

Or was it Lionel Hutz that advised yis to keep quiet over the identity of the assailant? After the shoddiest attempt at a cover up since Nixon bit the bullet, it sounds like yous coulda done with a few of our legal eagles...  ;)