Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 03, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2018, 04:11:52 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 03, 2018, 11:47:55 AM
Quote from: oliverkelly on July 03, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 02, 2018, 07:13:20 PM
Just listening to the GAA Hour there and the boys brought it up but a bit mad to think the Rossies can get into the Super 8's by beating just Leitrim and Armagh. Luck of the draw I know.

Dublin have got to super 8's by beating Wicklow, Longford and Laois. All worse teams than Armagh based on previous years championship and current league standings. So if we do beat Armagh we will deserve to be there just as much as everyone else

That was just that Derry buck who always get super defensive about Ulster football when Wooly mentioned Monaghan had got 3 Div 4 teams in the qualifiers. The reality is Armagh were in the 1/4s last year and while they just got out of Div 3, they are a strong Div 2 standard team that will have a good chance of promotion to Div 1. This is the most even R4 game.

Finally both Monaghan and Roscommon are two of the smallest counties population wise, both rural economic backwaters. Luck has no bearing when such counties punch above their weight.

Behave yourself.

Wont get promotion

Is by the luck of God they get to super 8's they will be demolished in all 3 games which will show how far away they are from division 1 standard
Tipp was one win away from getting promotion to Division one they are no better than Armagh. Division two next year will be Donegal promoted a number of other counties good enough to join them including Armagh.

Why do you always assume the best for Ulster teams only?

Jinxy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 03, 2018, 04:31:07 PM
Kerry v Galway clashing with the World Cup final. Both starting at exact same time at 4pm.

That is not a good idea I feel.

Let them play away.
Sick of this nonsense.
It'll have a marginal negative effect on the TV audience, and little or no effect on the attendance.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Manning18

Quote from: Jinxy on July 03, 2018, 05:23:45 PM
Kerry v Galway clashing with the World Cup final. Both starting at exact same time at 4pm.

Let them play away.
Sick of this nonsense.
It'll have a marginal negative effect on the TV audience, and little or no effect on the attendance.

The Galway hurlers lose on Sunday and theyre due to play in Cork the same day. Id say that could affect attendance. Why put group 2 (dubs group) on first if the soccer doesnt matter or isnt a consideration?

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on July 03, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

I doubt FIFA will change it despite the loss of viewers to those two aristocrats.
The World Cup is way too long and young people with iPhones have such low reserves of attention..

Jinxy

If there is no specific Irish interest in an international sporting event then it should have no bearing whatsoever on GAA fixtures.
Ignore the inevitable bitching about it on social media, if it wasn't that it would be something else.

Manning18

Quote from: Jinxy on July 03, 2018, 05:40:44 PM
If there is no specific Irish interest in an international sporting event then it should have no bearing whatsoever on GAA fixtures.
Ignore the inevitable bitching about it on social media, if it wasn't that it would be something else.

If it should have no bearing then why aren't you wondering why group 2 isnt being played Sunday? The Connacht final was the week before the rest. If Soccer should have no bearing then this game should be Saturday and not Sunday

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2018, 05:32:47 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 03, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

I doubt FIFA will change it despite the loss of viewers to those two aristocrats.
The World Cup is way too long and young people with iPhones have such low reserves of attention..

Those devices are just vehicles of capitalist propaganda, seafoid.

Jinxy

Quote from: Manning18 on July 03, 2018, 05:46:18 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 03, 2018, 05:40:44 PM

If it should have no bearing then why aren't you wondering why group 2 isnt being played Sunday? The Connacht final was the week before the rest. If Soccer should have no bearing then this game should be Saturday and not Sunday

Because Dubs aren't real GAA people and they'd arrive late in a heap from the pub for their game.

straightred

its stupid almost childish defiance and above all its avoidable. Who only likes one sport nowadays. Whether you like it or not (and everyone is free to like what they want) the world cup is the biggest sporting show on earth. Its every 4 years and nothing else comes close. Why force people to choose ?

Rossfan

Kerry and Galway "genuine GAA people" and "real fans" will go to see their teams anyway.
The "casual fans" and the "I like all sports" folks wouldn't be going anyway as the Quarter Finals are now a 3 games series and they'll be just going to their home game.
I will of course be watching Kerry v Galway if not working.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Whishtup

With the strong possibility that the Dublin group will be a Dublin vs Ulster affair, I suggest that the northern teams should form a secret Alliance and strategically quash this great blue tyranny!

Hound

Quote from: straightred on July 03, 2018, 05:54:18 PM
its stupid almost childish defiance and above all its avoidable. Who only likes one sport nowadays. Whether you like it or not (and everyone is free to like what they want) the world cup is the biggest sporting show on earth. Its every 4 years and nothing else comes close. Why force people to choose ?
Absolutely, games on Sunday should be noon and 2pm.

Also, games on Saturday should be 3pm and 5pm. Donegal people having to leave Croker at 9pm on a Sunday night to go home to Donegal is ridiculous, and more worthy of complaint than anything else about these fixtures.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Hound on July 04, 2018, 08:20:36 AM
Quote from: straightred on July 03, 2018, 05:54:18 PM
Absolutely, games on Sunday should be noon and 2pm.

Also, games on Saturday should be 3pm and 5pm. Donegal people having to leave Croker at 9pm on a Sunday night to go home to Donegal is ridiculous, and more worthy of complaint than anything else about these fixtures.
Well Donegal certainly have a more worthy complaint than that of the timing anyway.

An Fhairche Abu

FAO Galway folk, seen rumours in a couple of places elsewhere that our captain is a big doubt for the Kerry match, any definite info on that?

Syferus

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 04, 2018, 10:42:50 AM
FAO Galway folk, seen rumours in a couple of places elsewhere that our captain is a big doubt for the Kerry match, any definite info on that?

He should have been suspended for this game for punching Lavin in the head anyways. I hope referees are starting to cop on about Comer.