Single Tier Championship Restructure

Started by Hawkeye9212, July 26, 2019, 05:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

I love the provincials but fck me how can it be fair that Armagh for example could be unlucky and have to beat Donegal in a prelim, then Monaghan in a qf then Cavan in a sf and Tyrone in a final(even if the lose the final, into round 4 qualifiers) to get to the same stage that Mayo or Kerry can get to by beating Clare or Sligo. Yes before any smart fecker says, its not gonna happen but it theoretically can. That potential run of games to get out of Ulster is fecking tough and in a different scenario could be a potential route to an AIF.

Jayop

A chance to play or watch a game in somewhere like Thurles is a damn nice incentive.

Jayop

Rossfan

To move away from the 2nd Tier thread .... it's been voted in and we gave to think of T mac's health....
I saw a report somewhere that the Football Review Committee has gone back to creating 4 artificial 'Provinces" of 8 teams.
This to be done by putting the lowest Ulster League team plus 1 Leinster into "Connacht". Obviously NY get the bullet.
Then they propose putting 2 other Leinster Counties into "Munster".
The "Provincial" Championships to each consist of 2 Groups of 4.

I presume this is the daft proposal put up to fail so they can get some other system through?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Why would it fail? Traditionalists?

A Connacht province of Mayo, Galway, Roscommon, London, Longford, Leitrim, Sligo and Cavan would be interesting.
Likewise a Munster Province of Kerry, Cork, Clare, Waterford, Tipperary, Limerick, Offaly and Laois.

If Kildare bordered a Munster county I would be delighted to get away from Leinster,
#newbridgeornowhere

five points

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 25, 2019, 03:48:19 PM

A Connacht province of Mayo, Galway, Roscommon, London, Longford, Leitrim, Sligo and Cavan would be interesting.

For Cavan GAA people, it would be shit.

And the proposal is actually to put the lowest League Ulster team, which is perennially Antrim, into Connacht. What on earth would that achieve?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: five points on October 25, 2019, 04:51:15 PM

For Cavan GAA people, it would be shit.

And the proposal is actually to put the lowest League Ulster team, which is perennially Antrim, into Connacht. What on earth would that achieve?
For the likes of Antrim, next to nothing. As for Cavan they reached the Ulster final this summer and I'm sure their aim in the years ahead is to win a Ulster senior title.

Rossfan

Likewise a Munster Province of Kerry, Cork, Clare, Waterford, Tipperary, Limerick, Offaly and Laois.

If Kildare bordered a Munster county I would be delighted to get away from Leinster,
Ah jases Dinny.....
It wouldn't be Connacht, Ulster Leinster  or  Munster then.
Kerry and Cork would still be a shoo in to the last 8/12....
Pure mad stuff.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Olly

Ireland existed before Ulster, Munster, Leinster and the other one. Get rid of them and make new house names like the Harry Potter ones.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

pbat

Do away with the Provinces 32 teams enter championship for Sam Maguire (Sorry New York). 

8 groups containing a team from All 4 divisions play 3 games, top 2 enter Championship bottom two a Secondary Championship.

Means there is potential for a 3rd or 4th division team making the last 16 for Sam, its not decided on league games played in February gutters.

From last 16 in each championship have it open draw straight knock out.

And move the All Ireland Final back to 3rd Sunday of September.

Armagh18

Quote from: pbat on October 25, 2019, 08:11:46 PM
Do away with the Provinces 32 teams enter championship for Sam Maguire (Sorry New York). 

8 groups containing a team from All 4 divisions play 3 games, top 2 enter Championship bottom two a Secondary Championship.

Means there is potential for a 3rd or 4th division team making the last 16 for Sam, its not decided on league games played in February gutters.

From last 16 in each championship have it open draw straight knock out.

And move the All Ireland Final back to 3rd Sunday of September.
Only Ulster and to a lesser extent Connacht throw up such good games I'd love to see this happen.