The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 02, 2018, 08:54:03 PM
Some comeback by Belgium but not sure what Japan were at before that 3rd goal was conceded.

Trying to win it. Can't have a go at them for that.

Syferus

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 02, 2018, 09:06:59 PM
Some comeback by Belgium but not sure what Japan were at before that 3rd goal was conceded.

You can for their naive defending. They should have at least brought it to extra time.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Syferus on July 02, 2018, 09:08:23 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 02, 2018, 09:06:59 PM

You can for their naive defending. They should have at least brought it to extra time.

And lost in extra time. They tried to win it. Fair play to them.

PadraicHenryPearse

A mate got Belgium at 12/1 when 2-0. Put 100 on it.

An Watcher

Fair play to him and it's great to hear these stories but you always hear the wins and not the losses

AQMP

How Carrasco gets to play in the World Cup is a mystery. He wouldn't get a game for Antrim. His attitude is awful too.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on July 02, 2018, 08:13:52 PM
Quote from: AQMP on July 02, 2018, 08:12:54 PM
I don't believe it!
Good enough for the b**tards.
I was hoping they'd win because they're a good team and they've a Celtic player. but I'm always interested in your logic for not supporting a team.
Careful now

straightred

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 02, 2018, 11:20:40 PM
I don't believe it!
I was hoping they'd win because they're a good team and they've a Celtic player. but I'm always interested in your logic for not supporting a team.

who they dropped tonight. Kompany was a great player but not any more. He'll cost them before this tournament is over

Capt Pat

Belgium were lucky with the fluke of a goal that got them back into the game. Apart from that the outcome was inevitable.

Syferus

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 03, 2018, 12:07:50 AM
Belgium were lucky with the fluke of a goal that got them back into the game. Apart from that the outcome was inevitable.

Japan had a free kick that Honda nearly converted in the 92nd minute and yet the result of inevitable? Right.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 03, 2018, 12:07:50 AM

Those fluke goals come from the pressure they applied.. Japan scored their first from a counterattack against the run of play.. the best team won, some people prefer the underdog and I do too if they deserve it, Belgium had nearly 60% possession, 24 shots 8 on target forced 10 corners, compare that to 11 shots and 4 on target, one team deserved to win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2018, 08:34:09 AM
I don't believe it!
Their deplorable actions in the Congo rules them out against most of the world for me.

That would rule out most nations that have raped and pillaged, you'd have preferred Japan to win?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2018, 08:40:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 03, 2018, 08:36:19 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2018, 08:34:09 AM
I don't believe it!
Their deplorable actions in the Congo rules them out against most of the world for me.

That would rule out most nations that have raped and pillaged, you'd have preferred Japan to win?
Yes. I had to chose one over the other.
It often comes down to the lesser of two evils. Not many are worse than Belgium for me.

Lesser of two evils, hmmmm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2018, 08:44:11 AM
That is definitely less.

One of many, but safe to say there ain't that many countries who don't have a past.. and there is no relevance to a soccer team.

Dougal Maguire

Yes indeed. This conversation is between me and HS only. So HS Sweden and Switzerland, who are we cheering for today, and why?
Careful now