The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Rojo was allowed just stroll into the box unmarked for the winner. Moses almost got back to him but it was too late.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2018, 09:06:07 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 26, 2018, 09:00:03 PM
So 8 of the last 16 teams through, 6 European 2 South American. Somethings just dont change but hey lets spunk another 16 places at the next world cup for garbage teams.
Fifa is like the Catholic church. The developing world has more heads.

Isnt all the money though in Europe. If its a numbers game then give one spot to China and one spot to India thats a third of the world covered and the remaining teams can be their on merit and not qualify because geographically the other neighbouring teams are even more of a joke.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 26, 2018, 10:47:51 PM
Maradona away to hospital after the match
Looks in poor health for some time but like Gazza seems to have a circle of "friends" that likes to parade him in public.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 27, 2018, 12:06:18 AM
Looks in poor health for some time but like Gazza seems to have a circle of "friends" that likes to parade him in public.

Yeah, I'm sure it took some serious convincing for him to go to the World Cup, where he is treated like royalty alright.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2018, 12:39:50 AM

Yeah, I'm sure it took some serious convincing for him to go to the World Cup, where he is treated like royalty alright.
Real royalty would convince their king not to appear in public until fit and healthy.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 27, 2018, 12:49:45 AM

Real royalty would convince their king not to appear in public until fit and healthy.

He's Maradona. Everyone knows he has his vices. I'd say he's had too much to drink and needed a drip. Syf I'd say you'd be some craic on a stag party. You're the man that would suggest mini-golf

sid waddell

Diego will always be the real people's champion.

seafoid

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 26, 2018, 11:43:12 PM
So 8 of the last 16 teams through, 6 European 2 South American. Somethings just dont change but hey lets spunk another 16 places at the next world cup for garbage teams.

Isnt all the money though in Europe. If its a numbers game then give one spot to China and one spot to India thats a third of the world covered and the remaining teams can be their on merit and not qualify because geographically the other neighbouring teams are even more of a joke.
Maybe it's not about footballl quality. Why is the tournament on in RussiĆ ? And next in Qatar ?

1978 had 16 teams and 38 matches
2014 had 32 teams and 64 matches
More teams means more money. 16 teams would weed out a lot of chaff.

The Euros are the same. 8 teams in 1988. Very hard to qualify with a crap team then.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on June 27, 2018, 03:04:14 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 26, 2018, 11:43:12 PM

Maybe it's not about footballl quality. Why is the tournament on in RussiĆ ? And next in Qatar ?

1978 had 16 teams and 38 matches
2014 had 32 teams and 64 matches
More teams means more money. 16 teams would weed out a lot of chaff.

The Euros are the same. 8 teams in 1988. Very hard to qualify with a crap team then.

England had two teams in it and both were rubbish

trailer

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 27, 2018, 12:52:54 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 27, 2018, 12:49:45 AM

He's Maradona. Everyone knows he has his vices. I'd say he's had too much to drink and needed a drip. Syf I'd say you'd be some craic on a stag party. You're the man that would suggest mini-golf

Of all the things he had too much of, I'd say drink was the least. He was completely off his rocker. Drink don't do that my friend.

quit yo jibbajabba

The glass screen in front of him was covered in a white powdery substance with his handprints etc. Unless he was weightlifting at ht..... ;D

oakleaflad

Yeah I thought it looked fairly obvious he was off his head on drugs, most likely cocaine.

AQMP

Argentina always play better in the black shorts.  The white ones look shite.

AQMP

Germany back in the traditional green change strip after f**king about with reds and blacks.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere