10 (37%)
Waterford
1 (3.7%)
Wicklow
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: January 29, 2015, 05:54:34 PM

Catch and Kick

Antrim have an easy opener v Carlow to get the show on the road. Carlow shocked last year or rather Antrim threw a big lead away but lightning unlikely to strike twice.
Offaly look to have finally got their house in order and surprise surprise Waterford could be a real contender.

Syferus

The Larries to continue their never-ending yo-yo tour of the divisions.

twohands!!!

Waterford to build on their win over Cork and go up.

Shamrock Shore

I honestly don't have the heart for this thread (says he, posting the thread)

Longford won't get out of here unless other Div 4 teams are dung.

More dung than Longford that is.

I think first game v Laytrum. Ya see, I am even not sure of the fixtures, where I would normally be  :-\

For the record I am plumping for Waherford and Wicklow.

AZOffaly

I expect Offaly to have a right cut off this. That said it will be a tricky division to get out of. I know Tom McGlinchey, as he is from my own club in Tipp, and he'll have Waterford peaking for the league, or as near as he can get them. Antrim, Carlow, Leitrim, Longford, London and Wicklow. It's not going to be easy. I'll say Offaly and Longford.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 22, 2015, 05:56:16 PM
Is there not a conference below D4 ?

Catch and Kick

Antrim surely must be one of the favourites? They slipped up last year and are unlikely to make the same mistake this year. Offaly look destined to bounce back into 3 under Flanagan, they were impressive in the O Byrne Cup especially hammering rivals Laois in a local derby game.
Any ideas what the Antrim team is going to be? Very inexperienced through the McKenna Cup.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2015, 04:41:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 22, 2015, 05:56:16 PM
Is there not a conference below D4 ?

That was years ago. Its Below division 2 anymore!  :P

seafoid

Only waterford, wicklow and carlow are no hopers. The rest are all capable of a performance.

Zulu

Waterford no hopers?? Well capable of getting out of division 4 and would be a match for every team in it.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Zulu on January 23, 2015, 07:32:00 PM
Waterford no hopers?? Well capable of getting out of division 4 and would be a match for every team in it.

If Waterford are no hopers, I wonder what that makes Cork given the result last week???

imtommygunn

Quote from: Catch and Kick on January 23, 2015, 05:18:32 PM
Antrim surely must be one of the favourites? They slipped up last year and are unlikely to make the same mistake this year. Offaly look destined to bounce back into 3 under Flanagan, they were impressive in the O Byrne Cup especially hammering rivals Laois in a local derby game.
Any ideas what the Antrim team is going to be? Very inexperienced through the McKenna Cup.

After the past few years we shouldn't be favourites for anything.

We will hopefully have mccanns, mckeever and some others back.waterford and wicklow aren't no hopers. Carlow have been quite poor mind but near beat us last year.( we scraped by didn't we??) there'll be a few queens boys in there too.

Gold

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 23, 2015, 10:13:47 PM
Quote from: Catch and Kick on January 23, 2015, 05:18:32 PM

After the past few years we shouldn't be favourites for anything.

We will hopefully have mccanns, mckeever and some others back.waterford and wicklow aren't no hopers. Carlow have been quite poor mind but near beat us last year.( we scraped by didn't we??) there'll be a few queens boys in there too.

As a Saffron I know better than to write any other team off. Carlow will not be beaten easily, if at all with that attitude. All these counties are on a par. Hope we can beat Carlow and start well but by no means a certainty. Carlow have dangerous players and there is nothing to suggest we are better than them
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

Yes unfortunately we have no right to be favourites and need to knuckle down. Cj and paddy cunningham could rack up big scores in this division, assuming cj hangs round, however i have a feeling we will be moving to a very defensive gameplan.

Always a tight division where anyone could beat anyone.

Itchy

Antrim are an average outfit. Id put my money on Offaly to win it, 2nd place is a bit of a lottery.