Paddy Heaney lambastes Down Club Referees

Started by Guillem2, June 26, 2007, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitehair

I may be wrong but i think Decy refereed the Derry v Armagh USHC match there in May and got a slating for his performance in the Irish News' 'Whistle Watch'.

Tony Baloney

QuoteI may be wrong but i think Decy refereed the Derry v Armagh USHC match there in May and got a slating for his performance in the Irish News' 'Whistle Watch'.

Not sure who the ref was at this but he was atrocious. Far too fond of the whistle and broke up any flow in the play which is about the worst thing a ref can do.

Balboa

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2007, 11:11:30 AM
QuoteI may be wrong but i think Decy refereed the Derry v Armagh USHC match there in May and got a slating for his performance in the Irish News' 'Whistle Watch'.

Not sure who the ref was at this but he was atrocious. Far too fond of the whistle and broke up any flow in the play which is about the worst thing a ref can do.

Tony it was the boul Deccy, it shows you the standard of refs in Ulster when he is reffing intercounty matches.

greygoose

To be honest, Heaney is correct about referee's in Down @ moment.....

Take Mickey Devlin from Glenn.... He must of got the GAA to make him a special size of a Referee top... XXXXXXL... He is that overweight it is a joke. How he passes his referee fitness exam ?????? .. watched him a few weeks ago and all the ground he covered was between the two 45's

I dont like to slag them because it is a thankless task in club football & i wouldn't want to be one myself, but there are some running about and they are brutal....

DUBSFORSAM1

I suppose its not the fault that the ref makes as many mistakes as the players but he gets the blame....

Sky Blue

Quote from: Blacksheep on June 27, 2007, 10:26:42 AM
Could people post the full names, addresses and phone numbers of all the refs in their county and then we could ring them up or call round to give them some advice/constructive critisism.

I think honest feedback from fans and players away from the field of play will help improve standards.

Are you fecking serious?? Drunken clowns ringing up refs in the middle of the night to give "feedback" is going to improve standards?  :D :D :D

Or even better, calling round to house in person to scare the wife and kids? Catch a grip.

Admin - keep an eye on this. The first poster to post a ref address or phone number should be banned.

johnneycool

Quote from: Balboa on June 27, 2007, 11:14:20 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 27, 2007, 11:11:30 AM

Tony it was the boul Deccy, it shows you the standard of refs in Ulster when he is reffing intercounty matches.

I think Deccy gets these games based on the sheer volume of games he referees in a given year. It's not uncommon for him to ring up the referees administrator in both Down and Antrim looking to ref games. I'd say he's a blessing for those boys.

6th sam

Steady on lads,naming individual referees is bang out of order.

Uladh

Forgive me if i'm wrong but i think that was meant tongue in cheek...

Blacksheep

Quote from: Sky Blue on June 27, 2007, 11:47:43 AM
Quote from: Blacksheep on June 27, 2007, 10:26:42 AM
Could people post the full names, addresses and phone numbers of all the refs in their county and then we could ring them up or call round to give them some advice/constructive critisism.

I think honest feedback from fans and players away from the field of play will help improve standards.

Are you fecking serious?? Drunken clowns ringing up refs in the middle of the night to give "feedback" is going to improve standards?  :D :D :D

Or even better, calling round to house in person to scare the wife and kids? Catch a grip.

Admin - keep an eye on this. The first poster to post a ref address or phone number should be banned.

Ok maybe I hadn't thought this through but what about a "Rate my Ref" site or thread just like the rate my teacher website?
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Colonel Cool

Blacksheep is taking the p***. Just watch the refs disappear like snow of a ditch as soon as this crap starts. They already get enough "feedback" during matches and in the press. They also get assessed and get feedback from referees assessors.

The standard of hurling refereeing has defiently improved in Down & Antrim in recent years. I can't speak for the football. The Kilclief ref posters are slagging off isn't nearly as bad as some are making out and has done well in the last 2 Down Senior Finals. Anybody can have a bad game, maybe he had one in Casement that day? Give the man a break FFS.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Square Ball

Quote from: Colonel Cool on June 27, 2007, 01:19:26 PM
They already get enough "feedback" during matches and in the press. They also get assessed and get feedback from referees assessors.

The standard of hurling refereeing has defiently improved in Down & Antrim in recent years. I can't speak for the football. The Kilclief ref posters are slagging off isn't nearly as bad as some are making out and has done well in the last 2 Down Senior Finals. Anybody can have a bad game, maybe he had one in Casement that day? Give the man a break FFS.

diddnt realise that they were assessed at matches, are they told what matched that will be assessed on, or is it a mystery shopper senario.

watched a u14 hurling match tonight and the referee was great, one of those matches when you dont realise there is a ref at all, no idea who he was by the way
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rois

Depends on the county Square Ball - in Tyrone they endeavour to assesss the referee at each senior level match, and every referee will have been assessed a number of times over the season, whether Div 1, 2 or 3.  The ref won't know who's doing it though - the assessors then submit their reports to the referees subcommittee.
Inter-county wise, there's an assessor there for each match (or there should be!).  They give feedback to the referee, from what I've seen often at the referee's request on the night of the match.

full back

In Armagh a nember of referee's give the rest of them a bad name. Be it settling old scores, favouring neighbouring teams or just trying to be hitler's (you know who you are).

Blacksheep you should stick to predicting fixtures than asking to post ref's names, addresses & phone no's   :D WTF

Cloc Mor

QuoteCouple of others to add to your list 6th Sam.

Refs who pick fights with mentors/supporters in the middle of a game..
Refs who single out county players for "special" treatment....and I dont mean protecting them.
Refs betting on one of the teams they are refereeing...I kid you not!!!

[Removed]

But I must say that in any games I have seen the standard of most referees has improved a little (Leo hang up the whistle) but this has been mainly in 1st and 2nd Divisions.  I can speak for lower divisions