2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

The second highest point of Jason Ryan's tenure in his first competitive game.

Farrandeelin

Anyone want to predict the bottom 2?

Mayo have Kildare away, Tyrone home, Donegal away.

Tyrone have Donegal home, Mayo away, Kerry home.

Donegal have Tyrone away, Monaghan away, Mayo home.

Kildare have Mayo home, Kerry away, Galway home.

Kildare look to have the toughest run-in. They might take us at the weekend and if they do then anything is possible. Galway might have nothing to play for on the last round. Donegal have a tough enough last few games too, but I think they will beat Tyrone and Mayo never win in Donegal. They might trip up at Monaghan. Tyrone need to buck up if they have any chance, mind you Mayo in Castlebar might give them the kick for the last game in Omagh versus the Kingdom. Mayo have to beat Kildare on Sunday. Simple as. I wouldn't like to have to need 4 points against Tyrone and Donegal in the last two games. However that's what happened last year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

skeog

Donegal,Mayo,and Kildare look most likely to fight it out for relegation.Two home victories for Tyrone will keep them safe.

cornetto

At the end of the day the league is a pre championship competition,it is a training ground to try out new things against similar graded teams.in an earlier post I said padraig Cunningham who has got little game time so far, was coaxed back to football with the promise Galway would be making a serious assault on the league and staying up was a priority, which is exactly what they have done.i for one would be happy with that,a league final against the dubs could throw up more questions than answers.the other side would say it's a good learning curve,Well Monahan still have a big say who will contest what so let's wait for the weekend results to see what lies ahead.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 07, 2018, 09:28:58 AM
Anyone want to predict the bottom 2?

Mayo have Kildare away, Tyrone home, Donegal away.

Tyrone have Donegal home, Mayo away, Kerry home.

Donegal have Tyrone away, Monaghan away, Mayo home.

Kildare have Mayo home, Kerry away, Galway home.

Kildare look to have the toughest run-in. They might take us at the weekend and if they do then anything is possible. Galway might have nothing to play for on the last round. Donegal have a tough enough last few games too, but I think they will beat Tyrone and Mayo never win in Donegal. They might trip up at Monaghan. Tyrone need to buck up if they have any chance, mind you Mayo in Castlebar might give them the kick for the last game in Omagh versus the Kingdom. Mayo have to beat Kildare on Sunday. Simple as. I wouldn't like to have to need 4 points against Tyrone and Donegal in the last two games. However that's what happened last year.
Kildare and Tyrone
I can't see Mayo going down
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

If Mayo get relegated it will not only  seal the end of an era . Its a complete disaster getting relegated , it will set us back even further with the  rebuilding phase that is needed  immediately after this years championship.
  I can see Kildare beating us , there is an intriguing aspect to this game to see how we deal with the kildare full forward
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Captain Obvious

I'll be shocked if Mayo get relegated especially now when they are getting players back and are fitter than the earlier rounds. They will likely win all of their remaining games than get relegated. Tyrone v Donegal a huge game this weekend the loser of that will likely join Kildare in Div 2 next year.

macdanger2

Presume we'll name our team tonight, will be interesting to see who goes MF - the two championship incumbents or one plus Gibbons/Nally/Coen.

Orchard park

Quote from: larryin89 on March 08, 2018, 05:34:26 PM
If Mayo get relegated it will not only  seal the end of an era . Its a complete disaster getting relegated , it will set us back even further with the  rebuilding phase that is needed  immediately after this years championship.
  I can see Kildare beating us , there is an intriguing aspect to this game to see how we deal with the kildare full forward

Ger Cafferky wont have any problems with high ball surely

Maroon Manc

I see @dontfoul has put some stats on twitter with regards to possessions and how many shots per game its led too and from a defensive point of view how many shots the opposition have.

From a Galway point of view backs up what we know that Brannigan has begun to compose himself whilst Shane Walsh is still lacking in that department with 0-3 from 0-11; I'm assuming this is from play. Galway have a great conversion rate but I'm sure this can be partly put down to the natures of the way they play. Its no surprise to us Galway posters who spend most of our time moaning about kickouts that Galway just don't get enough primary possession, unless that stat improves in the championship Galway won't be making any great inroads.

Mayo's conversion rate is very poor whilst Donegal's isn't much better but in fairness to them their attempting a lot more attempts at the posts then Mayo.

An Fhairche Abu

link for those interested in that dontfoul post. Very interesting material.

macdanger2

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 09, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

Serious shooting stats from Fenton, 13 shots and 1-7 scored. Class footballer

Blowitupref

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 09, 2018, 06:47:44 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 09, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

Serious shooting stats from Fenton, 13 shots and 1-7 scored. Class footballer
A lot of forwards would love to have that strike rate.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

MayoBuck

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 09, 2018, 09:05:52 PM

2 big inside forwards in that team. Hopefully Rochford will play Ger McDonagh and Caolan Crowe to try and deal with it.