7 (15.6%)
Tyrone
6 (13.3%)
Cork
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: August 30, 2019, 08:02:14 PM

Blowitupref

Both Connacht finalists into the All Ireland semi finals. FT Galway 2-17 Kildare 0-15
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

FT

Kildare 0-15 Galway 2-17

Good win. I thought Kildare looked very impressive in the Leinster final. Thought we would be up against it today.

Maroon Manc

Galway excellent the 2nd half when they stopped trying to hit Culhane with every ball, Joyce brilliant  at centre half forward carrying the ball, they couldn't stop him.

galwayman

Yeah good performance overall.
Especially in the second half.
McLoughlin is powerful around the middle.
Cian Hernon was very good at wing back as was Warren Seoighe up front.
Kerry or Tyrone next.

Dinny Breen

Well done Galway dominated around the middle. McLoughlin and Joyce the two key players and Galway took their goal chances. Best of luck.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Connacht must be pumping some money into underage. Apparently it's the only reason to have a successful team!

Well done Mayo, I though we were a tad unlucky, but that's the way it goes sometimes. More disappointing because I thought we'd no chance, but then they showed great resolve, only for Mayo to fight back again. Both teams can be very proud of themselves, which is probably the best outcome possible at this level.

Disappointed for Kildare.  I think if we played them 10 times, they'd win 7-3 or thereabouts. So thought they'd take the Connacht runners up. They do have a few class players though, one in particular will be a top senior Imo.

Jayop

That second half today was just a fantastic advert for football. I was glued to it.

The mayo lad that flicked the ball to himself six inches from his goal line in extra time must have balls of steel. I was pissing myself laughing at the audacity.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 09:58:56 PM
Connacht must be pumping some money into underage. Apparently it's the only reason to have a successful team!

Well done Mayo, I though we were a tad unlucky, but that's the way it goes sometimes. More disappointing because I thought we'd no chance, but then they showed great resolve, only for Mayo to fight back again. Both teams can be very proud of themselves, which is probably the best outcome possible at this level.

Disappointed for Kildare.  I think if we played them 10 times, they'd win 7-3 or thereabouts. So thought they'd take the Connacht runners up. They do have a few class players though, one in particular will be a top senior Imo.

Little between the Connacht Runners up Galway and the winners Mayo, after all it was 1 point difference after extra time in the Connacht final and in the group stage Galway beat Mayo. 

Hound

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 27, 2019, 11:28:15 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 27, 2019, 09:58:56 PM

Little between the Connacht Runners up Galway and the winners Mayo, after all it was 1 point difference after extra time in the Connacht final and in the group stage Galway beat Mayo.
Cheers. Hadn't realized that.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Jayop on July 27, 2019, 11:19:19 PM
That second half today was just a fantastic advert for football. I was glued to it.

The mayo lad that flicked the ball to himself six inches from his goal line in extra time must have balls of steel. I was pissing myself laughing at the audacity.
+1, apt description 😆

Rossfan

If the Sligo Minor Manager had a bit of strategic vision Mayowestros would have been eliminated in the group stages and his team might well have been playing today.
Can I nominate him for GAA pillock of the year?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Halfquarter on July 28, 2019, 12:00:50 AM

+1, apt description 😆

I suppose as a Mayo, that it is always going to be like this. Maybe there is no balance for us. It is pure chaos. The interviews with Mayo manager and player Frank Irwin after were very good. Frank admitted that they lose concentration thinking they have s lot done. Tomás Morley - without being pushed - said his team does idle in front. Fair play to him for being candid about it. I really respect that. You could tell it is something that he has worked on.

Jayop

Savage quality pictures from tg4 on YouTube too. Just shows what you can do on a limited budget.

maigheo

Thought that was absolutely brilliant and have watched it a few times since  and it seemed to Paul Walsh the most natural thing in the world to do.Absoulte class   

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Jayop on July 28, 2019, 01:09:45 AM
Savage quality pictures from tg4 on YouTube too. Just shows what you can do on a limited budget.

We just mentioned this ourselves this evening. I believe they had some trouble last week for Galway V Clare in the minor hurling but it was immediately fixed this week.