Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Expecting Cork to overrun Offaly tomorrow night and also Wexford to have too much for Laois, although I think that one will be tighter.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on June 14, 2024, 03:12:57 PMExpecting Cork to overrun Offaly tomorrow night and also Wexford to have too much for Laois, although I think that one will be tighter.

A 18 point handicap and a 9 point handicap for the Laois game, which is about right, The Cork game will have plenty of goals in it, expect about 5.. 4 of them for Cork..

If Laois can get over the game, that they basically for large parts off, were the better team, reduce the 18 wides they had and missed goal opportunities then they can get closer. Just think Wexford will have too much in the end
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2024, 03:43:32 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 14, 2024, 03:12:57 PMExpecting Cork to overrun Offaly tomorrow night and also Wexford to have too much for Laois, although I think that one will be tighter.

A 18 point handicap and a 9 point handicap for the Laois game, which is about right, The Cork game will have plenty of goals in it, expect about 5.. 4 of them for Cork..

If Laois can get over the game, that they basically for large parts off, were the better team, reduce the 18 wides they had and missed goal opportunities then they can get closer. Just think Wexford will have too much in the end

I thought that too in the Joe McDonagh final, but not wanting to rage against the Biffo tide of greatness sweeping their county.
Laois lost that game rather than Offaly win it I thought.

Armagh18

Harsh enough turn around on Offaly is it not??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 14, 2024, 03:55:31 PMHarsh enough turn around on Offaly is it not??

Not really, they have entry into Leinster next year and have won the Joe McD. Great season for them and back at the top table.

Its not like they are going to put 70 minutes into this game, combative enough for a while then will fall away with 15 to go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Some pace off that strike from Hayes

marty34

Cork and Wexford, as expected, well in control.

Cork seem to have another gear in them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on June 15, 2024, 05:57:56 PMCork and Wexford, as expected, well in control.

Cork seem to have another gear in them.

Laois have scored 4 from play. 10 frees

marty34

These are just 'warm up' matches for the Clare and Dublin games.

Saffrongael

Skinny has blown a "throw" in the first 20 seconds of this Clare v KK minor semi  :)  be interesting to see if he maintains it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Clare minor played the ball to the stand after the sideline was given to Kilkenny.

Referee gave a free in.  Exact same scenario as KK seniors in their league game a few months ago.

Good refereeing but silly by the young Clare player.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 16, 2024, 01:02:24 PMSkinny has blown a "throw" in the first 20 seconds of this Clare v KK minor semi  :)  be interesting to see if he maintains it

Never seen game, how many throws were there after that?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on June 16, 2024, 02:06:41 PMClare minor played the ball to the stand after the sideline was given to Kilkenny.

Referee gave a free in.  Exact same scenario as KK seniors in their league game a few months ago.

Good refereeing but silly by the young Clare player.

always a free, well last few years .. petulance or slowing down a sideline is no different to someone slowing down a free

imtommygunn

I think he's a very good ref him.

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on June 15, 2024, 06:09:17 PMThese are just 'warm up' matches for the Clare and Dublin games.

Well Cork have a fair bit of warming up to do this week considering how easy Offaly created goal chances against them with straight running at their defence.
Maybe it was one of those games they couldn't really get motivated for and they'll give Dublin a bit more respect on Saturday and that'll tell us where Cork really are.

I can see Wexford maybe pull off a bit of a shock in the other semi-final as Clare haven't really been setting the world on fire and if Conor McDonald gets a few one-on-ones with Cleery he'll do damage.
Clare need Tony Kelly to be firing and also to get SOD into the game more. I get all this long range shooting but every once in a while play a decent ball into their forwards to go for the kill.