'Twas 13 years ago today!

Started by T Fearon, September 22, 2015, 08:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Sam came home to Armagh! Croke Park officials have only 12 years to plan the 25th anniversary parade,so no excuse for losing any Armagh stars on the day! ;D

manfromdelmonte

Still one behind the mighty Roscommon, 3 behind Kildare and 4 behind Wexford

Just saying

From the Bunker

Ah, let get the proper dig in...................2 All Ireland behind neighbours....................wait for it.............Louth!

T Fearon

At least you can buy a DVD of Armagh's win! ;D

The Gs Man

13 years ago you booked a hotel for the wrong weekend Tony?
Keep 'er lit

general_lee

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 22, 2015, 09:05:57 PM
Ah, let get the proper dig in...................2 All Ireland behind neighbours....................wait for it.............Louth!
Lol  :D As if we ever need reminding about that shower across the blackwater...
In all seriousness everyone knows Louth is a dominion of Armagh so in reality we are ahead by one ;)

muppet

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 23, 2015, 09:09:52 AM

The booking was for 12 years and one week ago. Of course he started a new thread and announced it to the Gaa world with all the humility of a Donald Trump at ladies day.

Someone posted a very good transcript of the 'conversation' between Fearon and Citywest. Anyone remember who wrote it or better still have a copy?
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on September 23, 2015, 12:18:08 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on September 23, 2015, 09:09:52 AM

The booking was for 13 years and one week ago. Of course he started a new thread and announced it to the Gaa world with all the humility of a Donald Trump at ladies day.

Someone posted a very good transcript of the 'conversation' between Fearon and Citywest. Anyone remember who wrote it or better still have a copy?

Might have been Hardy???

DuffleKing

Think he fcuked the booking up for 2003

TheClutch

Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2015, 08:50:56 PM
Sam came home to Armagh! Croke Park officials have only 12 years to plan the 25th anniversary parade,so no excuse for losing any Armagh stars on the day! ;D

The Armagh team of that era certainly under performed on the All Ireland stage from 2003-2009. I would have thought there was more than one All Ireland in them. What is the feeling around Armagh on McGeeney's first year in charge? Largely positive or negative?
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

brokencrossbar1

Definitely booked for the wrong weekend in 2003 as it was the game against Tyrone and I know I was not posting here in 2002. We really should have a ceremony to commemorate that piece of legendary board lore!!!

mick999

:) :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20040513053159/http://pub128.ezboard.com/fgaadiscussionboardfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4716.topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Quote from: TheClutch on September 23, 2015, 12:53:21 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 22, 2015, 08:50:56 PM
Sam came home to Armagh! Croke Park officials have only 12 years tào plan the 25th anniversary parade,so no excuse for losing any Armagh stars on the day! ;D

The Armagh team of that era certainly under performed on the All Ireland stage from 2003-2009. I would have thought there was more than one All Ireland in them. What is the feeling around Armagh on McGeeney's first year in charge? Largely positive or negative?
I don't think you can mention Armagh without mentioning mayo in the same sentence.  Perhaps the main difference was the kerry collapse in 02. Unfortunately for mayo kerry never buckled again.

armaghniac

Quote from: rrhf on September 23, 2015, 10:35:06 PM
[I don't think you can mention Armagh without mentioning mayo in the same sentence.  Perhaps the main difference was the kerry collapse in 02. Unfortunately for mayo kerry never buckled again.

Put them under pressure, they buckle.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B