Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

The one immediately after the game where Gormley is celebrating directly over the distraught Kerry captain.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: bcarrier on October 01, 2008, 04:28:56 PM
The one immediately after the game where Gormley is celebrating directly over the distraught Kerry captain.

Would love to see this, where can I get it?
In your Endo!

ziggysego

Quote from: bcarrier on October 01, 2008, 04:28:56 PM

Normally I wouldn't be happy about it, but it's Galvin for Christ sake. After a long suspension, what's the first he does when he gets back? Gets yellow carded!
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Croí na hÉireann

Probably a fitting end to the year for Galvin (getting dumped on his hole, not the taunting)...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Onion Bag

Dont think he was dumped on his hole, think he was just dejected

amigo

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2008, 05:01:19 PM

This is the best i could get

I must admit as a Tyrone man i was a bit disappointed with Gormleys lack of sportsmanship at the final whistle! You would think that your initial reaction would be to celebrate with your teammates after winning the greatest prize the game has to offer, rather than goading your opponents!!!!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2008, 05:07:39 PM
Dont think he was dumped on his hole, think he was just dejected

Nope, he tried to fire a shot at goal whilst avoiding a tackle and got dumped on his hole as the whistle went...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Onion Bag

Quote from: amigo on October 01, 2008, 05:11:12 PM

I must admit as a Tyrone man i was a bit disappointed with Gormleys lack of sportsmanship at the final whistle! You would think that your initial reaction would be to celebrate with your teammates after winning the greatest prize the game has to offer, rather than goading your opponents!!!!

Would have to agree with you there 100% amigo

Rois

Remember the shutter speeds on modern cameras, what looks at that milisecond like Gormley lording over Galvin may actually have been Gormley on his way up to throw the fists in the air.  Would be interesting to see what the following pics taken directly after are like.  

EC Unique

Was this def at the Final whistle? If so the Gormley has let himself down.

amigo

Quote from: EC Unique on October 01, 2008, 05:22:50 PM

Was this def at the Final whistle? If so the Gormley has let himself down.

Yes there is a bigger picture of it where you can see all the Tyrone players running celebrating!!!!!!!!!
Heres a link http://www.sportsfile.com/search/321541/

cadhlancian

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on October 01, 2008, 02:37:19 AM

Wear's an O Neill jersey, plays with an O Neill ball, he's from the O Neill County the one and only Stephen O Neill :) My favorite player

isnt that Stevie Oneill pic from 2005 final?

red hander

Quote from: Rois on October 01, 2008, 05:20:13 PM
Remember the shutter speeds on modern cameras, what looks at that milisecond like Gormley lording over Galvin may actually have been Gormley on his way up to throw the fists in the air.  Would be interesting to see what the following pics taken directly after are like.  

I was actually thinking along these lines myself when I saw the picture in Gaelic Life.  It obviously looks like he's taunting the Kerryman, and if that's the case then it's not on, period. BUT, if the shot was taken right on the final whistle Gormley could be just expressing his delight to himself ... that said, I'd like to see the video of it, if it was goading, as it looks to be, then I would totally condemn it

cadhlancian

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 01, 2008, 05:15:16 PM
Quote from: amigo on October 01, 2008, 05:11:12 PM

Tyrone man here also, and thought it was dissapointing,,suprised Gaelic Life made this their cover pic

Would have to agree with you there 100% amigo