Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Insane Bolt

Doesn't really matter who gets the nod.....the Tories are the couldn't care less party. Interesting that Liam Fox has had a very low profile this last 6 months.....this the man that claimed doing deals with the rest of the world was a piece of cake......how's that working out ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842

When I look back we (my vintage)....survived double digit inflation and mortgage rates under Thatcher.....so I believe it will happen again under a no deal exit.....but we will survive.
I'm just glad I'm the age I am, and thankfully my kids have heeded my advice and gone abroad.
Leaving university with 50k plus of debt is ridiculous.

bennydorano

Front page of the Daily Telegraph 2moro is a muddying of the waters character assassination of Rory Stewart and his past (allegedly a Spy!), he's really rattling a few cages.

LeoMc

And now the big Tory donors are talking to Farage about an election pact. They will not put candidates up in some Labour seats where Labour may be vulnerable to the Brexit party. In return the Brexit party will not stand against Far right Tories. This is all laying the Groundwork for Boris (if elected) to call a snap general election and end up with a Parliament he can force his vision of brexit through, either hard or more likely NI only back-stop.

bennydorano

And a Peerage as well no doubt!

screenexile

It's a pity about Stewart he's maybe 5/10 years before his time. . . I imagine his appeal to younger Tories would be huge but that's not the demographic of the membership unfortunately!

Denn Forever

Quote from: bennydorano on June 17, 2019, 11:45:59 PM
Front page of the Daily Telegraph 2moro is a muddying of the waters character assassination of Rory Stewart and his past (allegedly a Spy!), he's really rattling a few cages.

Surely James Bond would be a brexiter's wet dream?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

Great conspiracy tweet that Boris is loaning 15mp's votes to Hunt to get him in the final 2 as he's viewed as the least dangerous opponent! Robert Peston commented on it, so not without merit as conspiracies go.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

johnnycool

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 18, 2019, 03:29:27 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 18, 2019, 02:27:42 PM
http://www.irishnews.com/news/brexit/2019/06/18/news/poll-most-tories-would-sacrifice-union-with-northern-ireland-for-brexit-1644668/

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they break this to Arlene.

The penny still won't have dropped with her.

Jesus,
   They hate the Scots even more.

Tough crowd these Tories.

Rossfan

If Brexit leads to an All Ireland State and an Independent Scotland it will have some positive results.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

red hander

Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2019, 04:30:17 PM
If Brexit leads to an All Ireland State and an Independent Scotland it will have some positive results.

Always been my view too. I despise the 'precious union' with every fibre of my being