Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Jim Shannon(DUP) said on the radio it's entirely the EU's fault and the DUP and the tories should be trusted with the Irish border.

Solo_run

Haha

They are back at the table and now they seem to be in favour of the backstop just as long as it is policed by Stormont (when/if up and running again).

Rossfan

I presume SF will scupper that plan by not going back?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on March 15, 2019, 08:10:51 PM
I presume SF will scupper that plan by not going back?

The question to who then holds the powers if there is no Stormont.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Solo_run on March 15, 2019, 07:38:41 PM
Haha

They are back at the table and now they seem to be in favour of the backstop just as long as it is policed by Stormont (when/if up and running again).

Will the EU agree?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Solo_run

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 15, 2019, 09:53:30 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 15, 2019, 07:38:41 PM
Haha

Will the EU agree?

Funnily enough I commented earlier that the DUP were being bought yet again. I wonder how much of that money would go towards getting the executive up and running on its own. And yes, Westminster and the EU would have to agree to it. Don't think that will happen. The DUP have did a huge U turn on this backstop deal and I think the Tories have finally figured out how to play them.

imtommygunn

As patriotic and holy as they claim to be they are basically self serving and money driven so they shouldn't have been that hard to figure out.

Solo_run

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2019, 10:45:30 PM
As patriotic and holy as they claim to be they are basically self serving and money driven so they shouldn't have been that hard to figure out.

They must have knew it but it was just finding the right time to show it. DUP are too stupid to realise they are a means to an end for the Tories, not the other way round. They have done a deal with the devil and it is only a matter of time before Tories chew them up and spit them out - just look at the Lib Dems, it will be glorious. However the people who vote for them will continue to follow blindly.

red hander

Remember, they still have to sell it to the orange order and UDA, like everything else they 'agree'. If this is hinged on stormont, then shinners must sink that farce once and for all

LCohen

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2019, 11:22:59 AM
I don't think no Deal can happen. And May's deal is also crap

Crap it may be but must have a 50/50 chance right now. By various means she is chipping away at the no dealers within DUP and ERG. If she can get enough Labour rebels to cover any Erg she can't convert she is away and clear.

DUP will get enough to at least pretend to save face

LCohen

Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2019, 02:39:52 PM
Quote from: weareros on February 27, 2019, 11:37:07 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 27, 2019, 11:22:59 AM
I don't think no Deal can happen. And May's deal is also crap

Her gambit is that it will be considered the least crap of the 3 options. But what happens if all 3 options get rejected - will UK not default back to No Deal?
I think the reason why they haven't decided yet is because Brexit is so awful even if a majority voted for it
No deal doesn't have the numbers.
It is down to Remain vs her deal I think

Looks like last go a Mays deal on Tuesday. If defeated we will go to the votes on all on the options to chip away at all the options that haven't a chance and their proponents would then roll in behind their next option. If we get to that it could end up at Labour's proposal vs Remain and that could scare the Tories into supporting their party leader

LCohen

Quote from: trailer on March 07, 2019, 10:46:18 AM
No Deal simply cannot be allowed to happen. We are so fucked if that's allowed to happen. Like riots on the streets fucked.

No deal will not happen.
No Brexit won't happen.

No deal is supposed to be something to threaten the EU with but in reality like No Brexit it's just something that is threatened inside UK in the battle for what type of Brexit we get

LCohen

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2019, 01:22:45 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 01:17:23 PM
ERG have rejected the latest fudge.
they want a No deal

Some do, some don't. May's tactic is to vote on this thing as often as it takes and slowly but surely to fracture ERG and to move DUP as a block. It's not the EU that's gonna blink. It's the ERG

Solo_run

Quote from: LCohen on March 16, 2019, 01:53:20 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 07, 2019, 10:46:18 AM
No Deal simply cannot be allowed to happen. We are so fucked if that's allowed to happen. Like riots on the streets fucked.

No deal will not happen.
No Brexit won't happen.

No deal is supposed to be something to threaten the EU with but in reality like No Brexit it's just something that is threatened inside UK in the battle for what type of Brexit we get

What brexiteers do not understand is they were never going to get everything their way without putting the financial stability of the country at risk.

LCohen

Quote from: screenexile on March 12, 2019, 02:38:28 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 02:12:17 PM
DUP say they can't support it. Also heard the 1922 committee are saying there needs to be an immediate General election if May doesn't succeed in getting her deal through tonight (which she won't).

May isn't leading them into another GE so who gets it?? Boris!!?? Jesus wept!

They'll have to extend article 50 to allow for a GE surely?

Boris wants it but too many don't trust him. Also there is a history there that the press would rip apart

Gove wants it but too many likely front benchers distrust him. They would all serve Liddington but he lacks the charisma to win a GE

Hunt would be the man they back