Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Wee Sommy not going to agree to anything. Typical DUP.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dec

Quote from: yellowcard on March 12, 2019, 02:34:35 PM
The DUP statement is a lot of mumbo jumbo which could have been succintly summarised into one word.....NO!

Ulster says NO!

Nay!!

Never!!!

No nay never no more.

lynchbhoy

If the spinners were any good, now is the time to go after reunification. 

The British gov and people would do anything to get a Brexit deal... they would be quite happy to give back the 6 counties...

Plus a deal now could gain even more in annual payoff over next 25 years from British gov as a sustainment payoff and sweetener.

In fact our Irish gov should be chasing this as much as sf... esp as research has shown that a reunited Ireland would be a bigger investment and economic entity than the divided Ireland is now

The British people should be included in a referendum to see whether they want to keep the north of Ireland... I'd expect a resounding no!!

magpie seanie

If a General Election is called it's Corbyn + 2nd Referendum v. New Tory leader and possible No Deal Brexit. My personal hope is that the Tories once again overestimate the strength of their hand, blame May and go for the election. I could see many who don't like Corbyn voting for Labour in order to get a second referendum....mitigating his "polarising" nature. Potentially interesting times ahead.

More likely is that the Tories realise this, f**k over the DUP and accept the deal.

mouview

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 04:06:42 PM
If a General Election is called it's Corbyn + 2nd Referendum v. New Tory leader and possible No Deal Brexit. My personal hope is that the Tories once again overestimate the strength of their hand, blame May and go for the election. I could see many who don't like Corbyn voting for Labour in order to get a second referendum....mitigating his "polarising" nature. Potentially interesting times ahead.

More likely is that the Tories realise this, f**k over the DUP and accept the deal.

Still unlikely to have the numbers though. Most likely the new Independent Group will also vote the deal down and Labour rebels would be mortally afraid of the whip this time and vote on party lines.

Lynchboy, forget about reunification, Bertie Ahern said a while back it would bankrupt us trying to support them.

Rossfan

Bertie could use some of his winnings on the horses to help out :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: mouview on March 12, 2019, 04:10:55 PM

Still unlikely to have the numbers though. Most likely the new Independent Group will also vote the deal down and Labour rebels would be mortally afraid of the whip this time and vote on party lines.

Lynchboy, forget about reunification, Bertie Ahern said a while back it would bankrupt us trying to support them.

Reunification is going to happen. It's only a matter of when. Brexit is speeding it up.

lynchbhoy

A good few research findings I've read over the past couple of years would fly in the face of that completely...

Plus you are quoting Bertie!!!!!
Only if it was about himself he'd give a feck. Why would he want reunification... it would supersede the GFA and he wouldn't continue to have his meal ticket as guest speaker on how he created the GFA.

Any reunification would be subsidised by British gov and EU for a good number of years. As was the case for post ww2 Germany and Japan.
Right now we have all the aces on our hand, the British want Brexit but can't because of 6 counties, EU want Brexit on their terms but can't because of 6 counties... reunification could be the long term backstop replacement and we get paid of massively for it!!
Plus most of the unionist/loyalist scumbags will head over to live in Blighty.
The decent non Irish supporting ones will stay.

red hander

Just really looking forward to those DUP scumbags being thrown under the bus ... matter of time now  ;D

Insane Bolt

Quote from: red hander on March 12, 2019, 04:24:46 PM
Just really looking forward to those DUP scumbags being thrown under the bus ... matter of time now  ;D

Is there a bus big enough?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 04:14:49 PM

Reunification is going to happen. It's only a matter of when. Brexit is speeding it up.

Hope so anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 12, 2019, 04:14:49 PM

It would see lol that way Seanie.

I think now that we are in a v string position of leverage we should use it and get as big a payoff for the useless lazy dole and benefit lovin hoors as we possibly can whilewe are in a position of power!!

mouview

Going down big. What's she going to say in the wake of it....

armaghniac

149 majority against
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dec

according to twitter

In favour of the deal: 242 Against the deal: 391