Dublin for St Patricks weekend

Started by bogball88, March 13, 2013, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Well folks it's that time of year again, and Dublin sounded the perfect option for us with Tyrone and the Dubs playing on the Saturday night. Heading down nice and early on the Saturday, going to catch the rugby somewhere, throw down a few pints before the match, probably end up in Coppers that night!

Then straight back on her the next day. Anyone any good suggestions of watering holes we could visit in between on both days, somewhere where there is music and the craic is 90?

Bingo

Temple Bar will cover all you ask for.

I'd rather sit at home and stick pins in my eyes but thats probably showing my age and St Paddys in Dublin should be done at least once.

magpie seanie

Messi. And not as in the Barcelona player. Paddys Day in Dublin is not for the faint hearted!

laoislad

Stay away from McGowans in Phibsboro...
You might lose an eye.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2013, 11:54:31 AM
Messi. And not as in the Barcelona player. Paddys Day in Dublin is not for the faint hearted!

A highlight I seen one year while crossing Happenny Bridge, after a few pints after the games in Croker, was an empty beer keg hurled into the oncoming traffic while the person throwing it just went on through crown alley and into the masses. It hopped off a few yokes but luckily missed windows.

Milltown Row2

Croke Park for two cracking games would be my first port of call
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

I had a great St Patrick's Day in Roddy Boland's in Rathmines.  Kind of reminiscent of the Bot. 

bogball88

Christ oh tell me more about Roddy Boland's Rois, sounds deadly already!

Canalman

Usually a great day .......... just pick your pub carefully and you will be fine. Always loads of tourists out and about and in great form. Leave the snide cynicism aside for the day and you will get chatting to loads of them .

Good pointer for me is to always avoid a pub with bouncers at the door.

Btw, am I the only one who hates this "Paddy's Day"  term.

Shamrock Shore

If I were you I'd stay indoors.

Dublin on St. Patrick's Day is not a place to be imo.

There is an air of menace about the place. I'm heading to Belfast for some peace and quiet!

NAG1

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 13, 2013, 12:35:18 PM
If I were you I'd stay indoors.

Dublin on St. Patrick's Day is not a place to be imo.

There is an air of menace about the place. I'm heading to Belfast for some peace and quiet!

Why not try the holylands

bogball88

In around Agincourt and Carmel street are good and quiet for St Patricks, or hit the Hatfield if you fancy a quiet pint in doors  ;D

heffo

I'd avoid the city centre like the plague tbh

magpie seanie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2013, 12:06:11 PM
Croke Park for two cracking games would be my first port of call

I usually would do that and stay well away from the city centre afterwards. Don't think I'll make the games this year unfortunately.